Welcome, dear ones, to Sentence a Day 08.2020 – my crazy August in one run-on sentence a day. I always say that these posts are a quick way to journal your day-to-day life. Especially during this historic time. I have gone over my SaD posts on many occasions to find out when something happened or to revisit a memory-making day.
If you haven’t joined us for this link-up, would like to invite you to try participating. It’s not too late to begin with us in September. And if you are interested, let me know in a comment below and I will add you to our email group.
Of course, if you don’t blog, you can still participate on paper or on your favorite device. Then come back to share the highlights of your September in a comment on my 10.01.2020 SaD post. Can you believe we are already into fall?
The SaD posts originated with Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand. Hope you will run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Sentence a Day 08.2020
Blah, blah, blah…COVID…blah, blah, blah.
- Busy first day of August, walk in the desert, cleaned up pool, set up umbrella in hot tub to protect the kids (and me) from the sun, Lauren requested a cordon bleu lasagna for her birthday dinner and rainbow chip cake, picked up luminarias at the YWCA for tomorrow night, blew up inflatables, soaked with babies and Lauren and Francisco and PC in the hot tub and pool, ate dinner and dessert, played Play-Doh and Operation, bath times for the babies then bundled them off for home. 08.01.2020
- Slept so well, such a blessing; neighborhood bike ride, then worked in the yard before a late breakfast, scrapbooked most of the afternoon with my sister, started laundry, received the sweetest goodie box from my BFF Sharon, leftovers for dinner, put together my luminarias for tomorrow’s shooting memorial, mom was lonely and tearful tonight. 08.02.2020
El Paso Strong
- Crazy dream last night about Paul’s mom being in the hospital and my cell phone not working as I tried to call to tell him about her, up early even before the sun so had quiet time in my loft, walk with PC; over the mountain to help with the girls, dropped Cia off for the first day back at Kindercare but her teacher has Covid – poor Miss Cindy; Target run with Lauren and Cami, home to finish laundry, marinaded chicken for shish kabobs, mom had a hard day and called just to hear my voice – I feel our roles have reversed at this stage of our lives, late afternoon swim, Reds baseball on TV. 08.03.2020
- One year ago today, the lives of all El Pasoans were altered forever, with the Walmart shooting that claimed 23 victims. Today there were memorials and presentations around the city. The Y-facilities gave away materials to make luminarias and asked that El Pasoans light and display them at 8:30 this evening. We did. Prayers for the families affected by this tragedy and all of El Paso. #ElPasoStrong
- Didn’t sleep well for worrying about mom; got PC off to work then enjoyed my quiet time on the patio, mixed up some homemade meatballs for Parmesan meatball soup, over to Lauren’s for an art date – mosaic making and Panda Express for lunch; lots of Cami loves, then picked up Cia from school and we played Barbies for a bit, home to finish up dinner, mom sounded pretty good this afternoon but called at bedtime in tears again. 08.04.2020
- We just cannot get back to morning exercise and smoothies on the patio…miss both so much; over the mountain early to help with my babes, got Cia ready for school – she makes me laugh – talked about ‘flush pets’ rather than plush pets, Cami and I hung around all morning, took a walk together, then home and PC was home shortly after, we climbed into bed and slept for 3 hours, frozen pizza for dinner, blog writing and walk before bed. 08.05.2020
- Felt better this morning…good enough to get up for quiet time before heading across the mountain; stopped for pink sprinkle doughnuts for my Cia, got her ready for school and dropped her off, helped with Miss Camila Jean who did not want to nap so we went on another walk; cleaned the house spending about 15 minutes per room; Cady went to the orthodontist for spacers…poor little one; Hello Fresh Parmesan chicken for dinner, lots of lightning teased us in the northern sky but no rain. 08.06.2020
- When I arrived at Lauren’s this morning, she announced that Cami was starting daycare today, we flew around and got both girls ready and dropped them off without any tears from Cami; I was home by 10:30, blog writing, walk, teleconference with my favorite physicians assistant to get refills on my OCD and anxiety meds, McD’s for dinner, bedtime and Reds baseball. 08.07.2020
- Every day should begin like this morning…smoothie on the patio, workout, bike ride, swim in the pool and then we floated a bit on our air mattresses, but the afternoon was tough for this mom/gabba – we went to the outlet mall with Lauren and the girls, it was 108* according to PC’s car, hard to keep Cami’s mask and hat on her head, Cia wanted to play in the splash pads, lines to get into all of the shops, hard to breathe in our masks in the heat; Casita Linda’s with my Prince for dinner, “Anne with an E” before bed. 08.08.2020
- This morning started with 3 episodes of “Anne with an E” before we got out of bed, big breakfast, walk, then my P. Charming watched Reds baseball while I scrapped with my sister, fish sticks and this seafood salad for dinner, blog reading and writing tonight. 08.09.2020
- So happy that I got up early for quiet time, that we worked out and ran…major YAY, over the mountain to help with my granddarlings, took Cia to school, snuggled Cami to sleep, Hobby Lobby stop just to visit all the pretty fall things, finished laundry and started ironing, hamburgers on the grill, bedtime walk and mini workout, even tracked my WW points today. 08.10.2020
- Up again early for quiet time, stretching and a bike ride, listened to Calm.com over the mountain, helped with my girls, Lucia was rarin’ to go today but Cami is sick so no daycare for her, had yard mowed, edged and the bushes trimmed, picked up a Walmart grocery order, picked up some darling fall things at Dollar Tree, made a Weight Watchers Mexican meatloaf, early to bed. 08.11.2020
Enneagram Love – Thank You, Carrie A.
- Tired this morning so slept in, over the mountain to help with my girls, poor Cami is really feeling bad and was wearing the rosy cheeks of a fever this morning, helped around the kids’ house, home to make chicken noodle soup for dinner, sty in my eye is hurting, vacuumed, watered all the outdoor plants, swam and floated in the pool listening to a “For the Love” podcast about enneagram tests. 08.12.2020
- Over the mountain this morning, stayed to help Lauren until mid afternoon, PC had a pain management appointment about his back/hips will have another treatment in September, he bought a flagpole and installed it this afternoon…looks so good, pizza for dinner, bedtime walk. 08.13.2020
Fri-YAY and a Good Weekend
- Glad it is Fri-YAY…Paul was off but I had to help with the girls until noon, we took a nap in the afternoon, then watched 3 episodes of “Anne with an E,” leftovers for dinner, blog reading before bed. 08.14.2020
- Awake early but lounged for several hours before getting started on our day, bike ride, breakfast, walked around the outlet mall, stopped at Lowe’s for some fix-it stuff, ordered a screen and sun sail for the pool through Amazon, looking forward to having more shade, picked up dinner at Crab Station, finished “Anne with an E.” 08.15.2020
- Up early for a run…what?? I know!! Then breakfast, smoothie, swim and floating on our mattresses and listening to our books, JOY…scrapbooked with Valerie, talked to mom – she wants us to dismiss her Visiting Angel, ugh, PC and I fixed a FABULOUS Hello, Fresh dinner together while sipping wine, crazy quick rain storm, bedtime walk. 08.16.2020
- Have gotten behind on all things blogging…way behind on my sentences…up early for quiet time, stretching and a walk before heading over the mountain, both my babies were adorable, Cia honks the horn in the car every morning before I take her into school, and we take pictures together, Cami played while I helped around the kids’ house, then had ba-ba before going down for a nap, I did some odd and end projects around the house, looking forward to being home all day tomorrow, Mix and Match Mama’s lasagna (kinda) for dinner. 08.17.2020
- Oh, what a wonderful day!! Lots of time on the patio this morning, reading, devotional, writing, Bible journaling, enjoying cooler (slightly) temps, did some yard work, went for a run, tried to comfort Mom who was falling apart, think I got her feeling better, baked a German sweet chocolate cream pie – heaven in a pie crust; finished laundry, dusted the house and cleaned bathrooms, brats for dinner, watched the DNC on Fox. 08.18.2020
- You know it’s a good day when you get 10K steps by dinner, quiet time on the patio, walk while listening to Giver of Stars, run, laundry – can’t seem to get it all done, vacuumed, mopped upstairs, ironed, Facetimed with my friend Lorena who is teaching in Japan, Mustafa is sicker than ever so we are worried about him, got ahead on blogging, leftovers for dinner, chocolate pie; bonus – Mom had a great day, too. 08.19.2020
- Glad to snuggle my babies this morning – fed Cami with one hand and Cia with the other, got both off too school, enjoyed Panda Express for lunch with Lauren while we worked on our mosaics, made great progress, ironed, fixed cheesy chick and rice for PC, bedtime walk. 08.20.2020
- My darling Brennyn had such a tough day at work, being a NICU nurse must be so difficult, I love her so; helped with my babies, taking Cia to school at 9:00 am and Cami to school at noon, ran to Hobby Lobby to pick up cord for my summer banner, picked up Cia early from school so we could look for ladybugs and play at the park but it was TOO HOT, PC cooked dinner = Taco Bell, worried late into the night about my baby Brennyn. 08.21.2020
- If we aren’t sick with sun poisoning tomorrow, it will be a miracle…5+ hours in the record breaking 103* sun, first a short bike ride, breakfast and then work outside on the sunshade for the pergola and the sun sail for creating shade above the pool, lounged on our air mattresses under the shade of the sail…almost resort-like, dinner at Texas Road House on post, Reds baseball after. 08.22.2020
- We both had frustrating dreams last night, I was talking in my sleep and whimpering; started our day with stretching and a run, after breakfast, Paul finished tying down the sunsail, I started laundry, he watched baseball, I Facetimed with my darling Cady and my sister about our trip, walked around the outlet mall but nothing new there, Victoria’s Mexican food for dinner, blogging before bed. 08.23.2020
- Monday and back at it, enjoyed time with my girls in the morning, discovered that I can put Cami practically to sleep when I rub her cheek with my nose, picked up some groceries for PC to have while I am gone, got my hair cut…ding dong, the color’s gone…back to natural, ran out in the desert, fish sticks and shrimp for dinner. 08.24.2020
- Woke to a message from Valerie that the hurricane is heading toward Texas, she suggested we try to leave tomorrow for Kentucky so we changed reservations only to have her new reservation canceled because of the impending storm, she wound up getting a flight here and we will fly out on Wednesday together, cared for my babies, picked up the house, made Paul some jalapeño poppers, Valerie arrived at 8:30, we enjoyed a bottle of wine in the hot tub and lots of giggles. 08.25.2020
- Got my Prince off to work, then Valerie and I headed over to see the girls, Lucia was delighted to see Mimi or Neenee Val who was so good with her, Paul dropped us at the airport, 2.5 hour flight to Chicago, 48 minute flight to Lexington, neither one close to full, Valerie’s suitcase decided not to accompany us from Chicago but will hopefully be along tomorrow, Kevin picked us up at the airport and we chatted for a few hours before going to bed. 08.26.2020
Time with Mom
- Didn’t sleep well with lots of things on my mind; with a reservation to see Mom at 11:00, we ran to Target (gimme all the fall clothes) to spend Val’s $$ that she got from United for misplacing her suitcase, picked up goodies for Mom, too; she didn’t recognize us when we walked up and asked if we were her daughters, heartbreaking, Mom was very distracted and had trouble carrying on a conversation, spent 30 minutes trying to talk, then she was taken back to her apartment, Valerie and I hit up Loft and Old Navy, dinner at Leeann’s restaurant (BJ’s) with Kevin and Jacob, walked Leeann’s pup and Facetimed Cia so she could see us, then home to watch the RNC. 08.27.2020
- Such a delightful day with my sister, brother and MOM; up for a 3 mile walk among trees, and flowers, and pretty things; over to visit Mom on the patio while picnicking on McD’s hamburgers and French fries, and a chocolate milkshake with whipped cream on top, took a jaunt up to Georgetown to Scrap, Paper, Scizzors for scrap supplies, Panera soup in a bread bowl take-out for dinner, raining tonight and watching “Anne with an E” with my sister. 08.28.2020
Taking Care of Business
- First order of business this morning was getting Mom glazed doughnuts for breakfast, which we took by and stood outside her window eating our bagels while she ate her doughnuts, opened accounts at mom’s bank, popped in for pedicures, probably my first of the entire year, but got a call that Mom had fallen – she was okay but it knocked all of us for a loop; scrapbooked in the afternoon, met with Mom on the patio, visited for a hour but she had trouble hearing us, dinner with Kevin’s girlfriend Leeann, scrapbooked and watched “Little Fires Everywhere” til almost midnight. 08.29.2020
- Shop-hopping before meeting with Mom at 11:30, bought her a whiteboard, picked up a larger size in new white tennies for Mom, dropped off flowers for her bff Claire, Mom was funny and talkative today on the patio, but easily tired, we picked up Chinese for her lunch, learned her Visiting Angel quit and another started today, peeked at some tiny houses on our way back to Kevin’s, scrapbooked, took a walk around the neighborhood before going to tuck mom in from the window tonight, had flowers taken to her room, Jason’s Deli take-out for dinner, scrapbooking for dessert, Val videotaped us reading a book together. 08.30.2020
- Up at 3:00 am El Paso time to head to the airport, Dunkin doughnut for breakfast at the gate, sat by Val on the flight to Chicago, big hug from my Prince when he picked me up, home before noon, greeted all the kitties, unpacked, started laundry and indulged in a nap, Asian pulled pork loin and sticky rice for dinner, cookies for dessert, bedtime walk, bill paying day. 08.31.2020
So that’s my run-on sentence a day 08.2020. Missing my mom. But glad for having made some special memories to reflect back on.
Before we go…
Have a Sentence a Day 08.2020 or month in review post? Link it up with us below!! Not a blogger, no bother!! Just share the highlights of your month in a comment.
Has school begun in your community? How does back-to-school look? We are virtual in the El Paso ISD until mid-October, at least that was the word on the street last week.
My online book club has just voted for our September read. Would love to have you join us in reading Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain. I will be listening to the audio version of the book. Have heard it is very well done. Come read with me!!
Enjoy your first week of September. Thank you for spending a few moments here with me. I am way behind on my blog reading but will get busy again now that I am home.
Hugs and kisses,