Autumn lovers, it’s time for my autumn 2020 bucket list post!! Cue all the confetti!!
I love this season!! This time of year. Don’t you? And what better way to get us out of the Covid slump than to create a bucket list full of fun fall activities?? I can’t think of anything better. Plus, making bucket lists or activity lists is good for you. They help us create focus in our lives, push us out of our comfort zone and motivate us to try something new. And sharing our bucket list helps keep us accountable!! But don’t just take my word for it. Check out what the experts say, here.
Before I share that first look at my autumn 2020 bucket list, let’s do a final check in on this summer’s activities.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Final Update Summer 2020 Bucket List
- Concentrate on improving arms and abs to earn midriff top and workout pants – no ab exercises lately to speak of but have begun walking with my dumbbells again but not enough to count.
- Return to working out at the gym – the gym is open but we have not returned.
- Ride scooters or trolley to explore downtown – trolley has been out of commission (Covid). And we haven’t ventured downtown in months (Covid).
- Run 5 times a week – finally back at it, although not up to 5 times a week. But going to give myself a checkmark here.
- Dress up date night once a month – we have enjoyed several date nights lately and I have dressed up!!
- Kiss goodnight after gratitude journal –
- Patio chats over smoothies – still drinking smoothies but haven’t gotten up early enough to enjoy them on the patio. Maybe this week we can start again.
- Start A Year of Us –
- Complete courses – finished the morning make over course, working on the blogging course.
- Follow Dave Ramsey’s podcasts – not regularly but still listening to them.
- Mosaic class – finished my mosaic last week. Woo hoo!!
- Summer crafts –
- Begin new Bible study –
- Find a new gratitude journal –
- Help with food bank or other philanthropy –
- Incorporate Calm.com back into quiet time – not doing this consistently enough to justify a checkmark and can’t blame Covid, either.
- Birthday celebrations – Nope, thanks Covid.
- Make a new dessert – German sweet chocolate cream pie. To die for.
- Try new grilling recipes –
- Wear maxis at least twice a month – maybe not twice a month but I have worn them.
By my count, I am finishing up at 75% completed, 15 checkmarks and 5 ugly red Xs. Not too shabby.
Now let’s get to the main event…
My Autumn 2020 Bucket List
You have probably noticed that I like to divide my bucket lists into categories. Doing so helps me to plan activities that focus on all aspects of my life. I could easily create a bucket list made up of just fun things to do. But it helps me to be more well-rounded if my lists include something for my body, mind and soul, too.
- Run 6 miles a week, start workouts from home (home gym?), go on at least one hike – have returned to running but now to become more consistent at it. Need to return to the gym or cancel our membership and get equipment for a home gym. Have been waiting to hike all year. Surely we can get one in before year’s end.
- Charcuterie board – thinking of doing a recipe swap and blog hop for this. Have never created a charcuterie board, have you? They seem kind of like Lunchables for adults!!
- Green chile recipes – the green chile capitol of the world, Hatch, New Mexico, is an hour’s drive from El Paso. I would like to take a road trip to pick up some fresh roasted chiles and experiment with different green chile dishes.
- Fall decorating and crafts – breaking out all the pumpkins and fall decor inside the house and out. Maybe find a special autumn craft to do.
- “God Made Girl” online painting workshop – came across this on Facebook. Paint a God Made Girl canvas. Looking into other similar virtual workshops.
- Finish mosaic table top – oh, girls, this has been ‘in progress’ for years. Yes, years. Want to finish it.
- Learn more about enneagrams – have taken 3 enneagrams tests and I am either a 1 or a 2. Want to learn more about my enneagram and those of the folks I love most.
- Duolingo or Mango Spanish language study 3x a week – Brennyn and Cady and Lucia are all learning more Spanish. The El Paso Public Library has just announced that they are offering free language learning through Mango Languages. I need to keep up with my girls; now I have no excuses!!
- Host fall photo challenge – teaming up with my friend Deb at Deb’s World and Jennifer at Trading Ashes for Beauty to host this. We are working on the prompts now and will share them very soon. Hope you will join us.
- Wishing tree – Have you read Wishtree, a children’s book by Katherine Applegate? If not, grab a copy at your library and curl up under a cozy throw to read it this fall. It is a quick read but a very sweet story. I want to make a wishing tree in our neighborhood park.
- Bible journal 1x a week – my blogging friend Amy at Amy’s Creative Pursuits inspires me so with her lovely Bible journaling. I want to start doing more of this.
- Painting rocks to share – have joined a local rock painting group on Facebook, El Paso Rocks! Shared photos of some of my painted rocks and want to do more.
- Best white tee – will be doing my own research to find the best white tee shirt for all seasons.
- Graphic tees – I am embracing this fashion trend and want to figure out ways to style my graphic tees for fall
- Fall trends – want to share several of my favorite looks from the Get Your Pretty On fall capsule wardrobe. You can still register, here. Participants will be styling our version of each day’s look starting this week. Mucho funo.
What was your final tally on your summer fun list activities? What plans are you making for fall? If you haven’t created an autumn bucket list yet, let me invite you – encourage you – to do so. It will keep you growing and moving forward in spite of Covid!!
Please link up your autumn 2020 bucket list with me. Or leave it in a comment below. We can cheer each other on!!
Thank you for spending a few moments here with me. Have lots of blog posts in the works for this week including Thankful Thursday and Friday Favorites. Hope you will stop back by.
Hugs and kisses,