Hello, friends and fellow fashionistas! It is the first Friday of fall. Our monsoonal desert rains have finally subsided and today we have a beautiful, fall-ish start to our first autumn weekend. This season is definitely my favorite. Love the colors of the season and the pumpkin, cinnamon and cloves we start smelling in room sprays, candles and wax fragrance tarts popular now. And even occasionally wafting from our own ovens!
And today marks the opening of registration for the Style Me Pretty Fall Fashion Challenge hosted by Alison Lumbatis at GetYourPrettyOn at http://getyourprettyon.com/ . Alison Lumbatis is a self-described “mom of three and recovering yoga pants addict turned blogger”. In September 2012, after a few years of working from home, then getting laid off from corporate America, Alison explains she “lost all accountability and motivation for getting dressed and fell into a major mom rut”. I can relate. I fell into a similar rut when I retired in December after working full-time for 25 years. I stumbled across Get Your Pretty On and my now virtual friend Alison through another blog I had begun following Walking in Grace and Beauty hosted by virtual friend Cyndi Spivey. I credit both of these wonderful bloggers with encouraging me to participate in life again after I indulged myself with a short-lived pity party those first months of retirement.
Alison’s goal at GYPO is to simplify style and beauty and make it as easy as possible for you to feel pretty every day. When she turned to blogs for outfit inspiration to break out of her rut, she didn’t find much out there. She wasn’t looking for anything complicated or avant garde, just cute, casual outfits that she could live “real life” in. So Get Your Pretty On was born! As Alison explains, “It turned out to be just the kick in the yoga pants I needed to make an effort every day and feel pretty again.” And it was the kick in the pajama bottoms I needed, too.
I joined the Spring Style Me Challenge, which led to the Summer Style Me Challenge. Then came the Work Your Work Wear Challenge BUT I WASN’T WORKING! What to do? Join the challenge anyway, and get a job! And I did. Here are a few pictures from my favorite spring, summer and work wear challenge outfits.
Fall Style Challenge Timeline:
- September 26th – Registration opens.
- October 2nd – Regular registration closes at midnight ET. Late registration opens.
- October 3rd – Shopping list release at 12:01 a.m. ET.
- October 12 – November 1st – Outfits are sent out at 8:00 p.m. ET each evening.
- Your Fall Basics Shopping List – A list of fall wardrobe essentials with links to recommended items plus a downloadable PDF to print off and take shopping with you.
- 21 Days of Daily Outfits – A different outfit combo each day created from the pieces on your shopping list. Outfits are released at 8:00 p.m. ET the night before so you can have it ready to wear the next day.
- Facebook Group – Each style challenge has it’s own private Facebook group where you can show off your style, share shopping tips and make great friends. Most participants agree that this is the best part of the challenge!
And now I am extending a personal invitation for YOU to join in the fun! To register, click here. Looking forward to sharing this experience with a 600+ of my closest virtual friends and YOU.