hApPy hUmP dAy, pals, and welcome to Currently 01.2021, the first edition of this series in the shiny new year. I am linking up with Anne and today we are talking about what we are beginning, feeling, organizing, resolving and wondering. I hope you’ll join in with us.
This post might be more aptly titled ‘Duke’s Mixture 01.2021’ (see my first one by that same name, here), as I am also linking up with Joyce for my second Hodge Podge (first one, here). And linking up with my new friend Denyse for her #LifeThisWeek link-up. Plus – sharing my winter goals. Seems like a lot of series are scheduled for the same days this year.
Let’s get started, shall we?
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Hello 2021…come to mama!! Boy am I glad you’re here. And so are a few of my closest family and friends. And like the whole wide world. Just one question – what took you so long? 2020 felt more like 3 years. We’ve been looking forward to you since last spring. Hope you won’t disappoint us. You wouldn’t do that would you?
With the holidays behind us, and the Christmas decorations packed away, let’s see what I’m up to currently 01.2021…
to see the light at the end of the long, dark Covid tunnel. The vaccine is here in El Paso. Some of our first responders and frontline health professionals have been inoculated. Now the city is waiting to receive additional COVID-19 vaccines from the state.
If residents have pre-existing health conditions, as defined by the Texas Department of Health Services, that put them at greater risk they can pre-register to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as it becomes available. My diagnosis of stage II chronic kidney disease allowed me to be placed on a waiting list for when the next round of vaccines become available. According to ElPasoStrong.org “availability is anticipated to expand in early 2021.”
hopeful. My WOTY is light. Which will get a dedicated post in the near future. We have begun working out and eating better. So I am feeling hopeful that this Covid 7, as in pounds, will soon be gone. And PTL…PC’s back is better. He is on some new meds that are helping with his constant pain. And is scheduled for an epidural in 10 days.
No, that’s not his spine.
everything for 2021. The librarian in me still loves to organize. Except on the days when I don’t. Ha!! But once again, I will be following Taylor’s decluttering calendar to get rid of things that no longer bring me joy. Or that no longer fit…looking at you Covid 7. Or that are just gathering dust.
Taylor starts with the kitchen and so did I. But I also tackled my closet, which isn’t on her calendar until late spring. Here’s how that turned out.
PC says he will go through his closet this weekend and then off to the consignment store I go!!
to find my blogging purpose and stick to it. I started this blog after retiring early from a job I loved. One that was a huge part of my life. And at that point, I planned to blog about attempting to fill my empty days. Guess that is still my purpose but I am no longer mourning my career. And my days are no longer quite as empty. So maybe I need to tweak this purpose?
what this year holds. We could never have guessed, this time last year, how 2020 would unfold. I wonder what surprises are in store for us in 2021?
Linking up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for this new-to-me series. This is certainly not a new series, however. I think this edition is Joyce’s 402 hodge podge!!
- What advice would you give yourself as we begin this new year? Lighten up. Take your WOTY to heart. Stop worrying and turn things over to God. Believe (WOTY 2020) and know that everything will be alright.
- If you could throw a themed party for yourself what would the theme be? Love this question. Probably a costume party. I have a Pinterest board for costumes. Auditioned for the children’s TV show I hosted in costume (scarecrow). Embarrassed my daughters unmercifully in costume (cow with life-like udders). But I would probably want to be able to have several costume changes throughout the evening. In the photo below, my PC was a Union soldier and I was a southern belle.
- Tell us where you were and something about what life was like when you were 20- 21. That was one of the saddest chapters of my life. My parents had fairly disowned me for a time because I had lived with a boy during summer school at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He had a little apartment off campus and I moved in with him, even though my parents paid for a dorm room. When they found out, my parents were very, very upset. They gave me an ultimatum that made my life more difficult for awhile. I was sad, and lost, and really struggling.
- What’s on the menu at your house this week? Last night was bun-less hamburgers with caramelized onions and green peppers, which my Prince C. said he enjoyed. Tonight I am trying a knock-off recipe for Olive Garden’s gnocchi soup.
- What should you do more of this year? Less of? More exercise, more of the things I love to do. Less wasting time on the Internet.
- Insert your own random thought here. My baby girl Camila Jean turns one year old the day after tomorrow. I am so resentful that this virus is keeping me from celebrating in person with her. Another milestone into which Covid has inserted itself.
- Create and keep to a blogging schedule
- Set up planner
- Purge clothes
- Consolidate remainder of children’s books
Pretty self-explanatory. Worked on my blogging schedule today. And set up my planner for the first 6 months of the year. Oy vey, that was a nightmare. But that’s a story for another post. Clothes purge is well underway. Decluttering has begun. And I have made a dent on my children’s books but need to go back in there and be ruthless. Just hurts my librarian ❤️.
What are you currently beginning, feeling, organizing, resolving and wondering? And how would you respond to the hodge podge questions this week? Have you set any winter goals or new year’s resolutions? Please share in a comment below!
And that’s a wrap for Currently 01.2021. Thanks for reading. Thanks for walking through my retirement with me!! So glad you stopped by.
P.S. Don’t forget about 10 on the 10th…coming up in 4 short days. See the prompt here.
Hugs and kisses,