Morning glories, today’s post is my 04.2021 update for this year’s spring bucket list. But if you have looked for my spring bucket list reveal from March, I can tell you it has disappeared. Along with about 4 other posts that got lost when my blog received its recent facelift. Sooo, here’s my spring 2021 bucket list with the little bit of progress on a couple of the activities I have made so far.
Update 04.2021 MY SPRING 2021 BUCKET LIST
With this season’s bucket list, I am sticking with the same 6 categories I used in the winter. Under each category, I’ve added 3 activities. Feeling very hopeful that our corner of the world here in El Paso, Texas is beginning to return to normal. And that optimism made it easier to come up with my bucket list.
- Discover a new hike – tin mines or Hueco Tanks maybe? We ordered exceptionally bright flashlights to take on our tin mines hike. Then had all kinds of issues with the rechargeable batteries. But all of that is situated now so it is time to take that hike. My mom always liked to say ‘nothing’s ever easy’ and I feel like that so often.
- Investigate playing pickleball again – check out the possibility of classes. I called and classes are being held again on Friday mornings. But the last 3 Fridays, I have been busy with the babies. And this Friday we are flying to Ohio and Kentucky to visit our moms. Hope to have something to report back here by my next update.
- Facial and pedi – bumped the facial from winter’s bucket list. Need a pedicure to kick off sandal season. Had a facial several weeks ago and it was delightful. Would like to make them something of a habit or regular routine. Roxie at Essence Spa gave me an hour-long facial that left my complexion hydrated and plumped. Made an appointment for another facial the first week of May. Now to get that pedi. Photo below is me basking in that post-facial glow.
- Spring fun – Easter egg hunt with the girls or confetti eggs in the park, bird feeder, plant a garden, blow bubbles?? Some or all. We did a very impromptu egg hunt with Cami and Cia on Easter. Just around the house because it was so hot that the eggs would have been reduced to chocolate syrup in a matter of minutes. Lauren has put up a bird feeder which I so enjoyed watching the other day when I babysat a sick Lucia who was home from school. Now to get one of our own. And we have blown bubbles at the park on a recent evening when the babies came over to eat dinner. Going to tick this one off but look forward to more bubble blowing and bird watching. ✔️
- Try a new date night experience – would like to check out iFly or Top Golf, renting 4-wheelers at Red Sands. Plan to get work on this in May.
- Visit a new-to-us restaurant or brewery – maybe something downtown. Might be able to combine this with the taco run as there are lots (and lots and lots) of Mexican restaurants and taco stands we have not patronized.
- Finish mosaic – meet the #100DayProject dealine of 05.31.2021 for completion. Oh, girls!! I have been so frustrated with my mosaic. Over the summer I consulted with Terri Wright, a local master mosaic artist, about how to best complete my piece. She felt strongly that I should fill the entire design with mosaic pieces. But because I have used such small bits of glass to this point in my table top, Terri suggested that maybe switching to using pebbles in areas might help me make more faster progress. Cutting and fitting together the little pieces of glass has been so time consuming. I considered several possibilities but decided to suck it up and keep going with glass. At Terri’s suggestion, I selected black glass to fill in the larger spaces still remaining. But once I added some of the black, I could tell I wasn’t going to like it. Rather than making the colors pop, the black kind of muddied everything. And looked especially yucky next to the dark brown I had used. Anywho, I covered the mosaic with a towel and ignored it for about 10 days. Then I chastised myself because I made a commitment to finishing this piece for the #100DayProject. Which means I have about 5 weeks to complete it. Found this video on removing glass from a mosaic. Grabbed my Q-tips and got busy. It worked!! 🎵Ding dong, the black is gone.🎵 I am back happily working to complete my mosaic. My way. But no check mark yet.
- Quirky birds collage – participate in another collage workshop with Jennifer at The Maker Beehive. This was so much fun. My sister and I made our birds together over Facetime during her spring break from school. Now I want to get started on my bicycle collage. Jennifer at The Maker Beehive has put together this cute, quick, FREE online video for making word birds. Want to try them, too!! ✔️
- Blog facelift – give the blog a fresh look for spring. This was quite stressful. But it is done. And most of the kinks have been worked out. ✔️
- Begin using new devotional journal – complete Finding Your Path to Faith, Hope & Healing: A Workbook to Enrich Your Journey and begin using the Prayer Journal for Women: 52 Week Scripture, Devotional & Guided Prayer Journal. Almost finished with Finding Your Path to Faith. Ordered and received the Prayer Journal for Women. But not going to tick this off yet.
- Attend Easter church services – PC will get his second vaccine on Tuesday and then we will feel more comfortable about attending church. My Prince has had his second vaccine with really no side effects. I have no photos from our return to church, Abundant Living Faith Center but I finally got to wear this New York and Company dress PC bought for me months and months ago. It was wonderful to be back in church. Looking forward to making it a regular part of our Sundays again. ✔️
- Read a self-help book – bumped from my winter bucket list. Looking at How to Be Yourself: Quiet Your Inner Critic and Rise Above Social Anxiety by Ellen Hendriksen or Keep Sharp: Build a Better Brain at Any Age by Sanjay Gupta. I have been slowly working my way through How to Be Yourself. And I took some of the tips out for a trial run the other day in talking with someone I hadn’t seen in years. Happy to report I survived!! And was surprisingly comfortable catching up with my old friend. Have almost finished reading Yeah, No, Not Happening: How I Found Happiness Swearing Off Self-Improvement and Saying F*ck It All – and How You Can Too by Karen Karbo. This book’s title might just become my new mantra. Plan on writing a post about this book as soon as I finish reading it. ✔️
- Create a spring charcuterie board – my BFF Sharon sent me a charcuterie board book with lots of ideas. Can’t wait to try some of them and share with you. Really wanted to do this for Easter but it didn’t happen. Maybe Mother’s Day?
- Try 3 new Weight Watcher friendly recipes – make the recipes and add them to the online WW database. Made this shrimp and grits recipe and it was love at first bite. By my calculations, a serving is 8 points. Also tried this cheesy southwest chicken soup; a hearty bowl is 5 points. I only lack one more recipe before earning that coveted check mark on this activity.
- Go on a burrito or taco run – pick up burritos or tacos from several local restaurants, maybe some of the tacos mentioned here or the burritos mentioned here and determine the best. I cannot wait to do this!! Will put it in on the front burner once we get back from Ohio and Kentucky.
- Find, pose by and photograph 5 new-to-me murals – style several of the spring 2021 capsule wardrobe pieces for this activity. Have found a number of new murals – thanks, El Paso friends for helping me find them – but haven’t really posed in front of many.
- Reach for skirts and dresses more – try wearing a skirt or dress once a week. Not ready to call this a done deal but I have worn a couple of dresses lately. One of the pieces in the outfit formulas for the spring capsule wardrobe was a tee shirt dress. As often happens with a piece Alison suggests, the specific tee shirt dress she shared from Old Navy immediately sold out. See it here. So, I opted for a tie waist version found on Walmart.com. Now it, too, has sold out! Just call me a trend setter! I styled it with a navy cardi from Banana Republic and white Chuck Taylors. Finally had an opportunity for the #AgelessStyle link up to style a maxi dress I bought last summer through Dressbarn.com. Have a look, here.
- Update warm weather active wear – buy some quality pieces and purge my older things. Really haven’t thought about this much yet. We had super warm weather a few weeks ago but have slipped into second winter, as my Canadian friend Dani would say. Where do you find the best active wear deals?
So, that’s where I stand. Here’s hoping LIFE cooperates as I work to tick more activities off my list. And enjoy doing them in the process.
So that’s my spring 2021 bucket list update 04.2021. How are you coming on the plans you ade. Please link up your spring activities or bucket list post with us, then stop by to visit a few of the others joining the fun.
If you don’t blog, you can still play along. Leave updates on your list in a comment below and then join me on 05.21.2021 for the next update on our progress.
As I mentioned above, we are heading to Ohio and Kentucky on Friday to visit and HUG our moms!! We will be gone a week. So I will try to do a quick post with info on the upcoming 10 on the 10th ahead of time. Be on the look out for that. Don’t forget about Sentence a Day on 05.04.2021, too. And an update on my Wellness Journey – last month’s update went by the way of the dodo. Vanished with March’s SaD and some other posts during the blog facelift. Oy vey.
Off to get a pedi. Thanks for popping by.
Hugs and kisses,