Bienvenidos to My Wellness Journey 02.2021. I am providing a monthly update to the goals I set last month, here. For 3 years, I have journaled about my wellness goals which has helped keep me more accountable.
Happy to report, I have had my second Covid vaccination. I had the Pfizer inoculation. Didn’t have anything more than a mild headache with the first round but this second was a little different. Body aches, low grade fever that had me taking it easy for about 24 hours afterward.
With my vaccinations on board, I am looking forward to healthier, happier, more active days are ahead.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
MY WELLNESS JOURNEY 02.2021
As a refresher, you might want to see how I fared overall on last year’s goals, here. And as in years past, I will be rating my progress on a scale of 1-5. Going to give myself a 2.5 as a starting score. Anything different indicates a change this month. Hoping to have all ‘5s’ in every category by the end of 2021.
PHYSICAL HEALTH – 3.0 (up .5)
- Lose Covid lockdown weight: about 8 pounds depending on how much I have indulged before weigh-in on Saturday mornings. For the record, yesterday I was 143.8. At 136 pounds, my clothes fit so much better. Last weigh in on Saturday was 142.1. But the week before was 141.1!! I can do this. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
- Workout 4 times a week: we have our video workouts, and our mini-gym in the garage, and warmer weather on the way. I have put together a playlist of video workouts that I have discovered for seniors and fitness beginners. We are doing well on this. My arms and abs are where I am seeing some improvement. String bikini body here I come!!
- Walk everyday: video walks in the house for bad weather days, walks in nature when the weather is pleasant. Participating in my second StepBet walking challenge. Earned almost $4 for the first one. Love getting paid to walk!! Learn more here.
NUTRITIONAL HEALTH – 2.5 (holding steady)
- Cook meals at home 4x a week: want to do this and track my Weight Watcher points until I get this extra weight off. Continue subscribing to HelloFresh and enjoying their low calorie meals. Have enjoyed using the HelloFresh recipes to make the delicious meals from ingredients I purchase myself. Need to do better about tracking. We have eaten out too much lately also.
- Smoothies: in the mornings. Need some new ingredient ideas to spice things up. Found this pin on Pinterest. Need to make a list of new ingredients tonight before doing our monthly grocery shopping tomorrow.
- Alcohol and sweets on weekends: going to be more careful about this again. Except PC’s birthday was this past weekend and we are still enjoying his birthday cake and ice cream. Need to sit down and eat the rest and be done with it!!
SPIRITUAL HEALTH – 2.5 (holding steady)
- Quiet time: at least M-F, getting up early to do it first thing. I did quiet time 14 times, so not quite 3 week’s worth of M-F devotionals. Need to do better.
- Bible journaling: a couple of times a month. Nary a time in February. Boo.
- Gratitude journaling: every night. Might have missed 3 days. Yay me!
MENTAL HEALTH – 3.0 (up .5)
- Duolingo: food for my brain. On a 56 day streak learning Spanish. But have been doing Duolingo almost every day this year.
- Weekly artistic activity – #100DayProject: we choose a creative project, do it every day for 100 days, and share your process online – so going to work on my ever-lovin’ mosaic. And continue scrapbooking, painting, collages. I signed up for 2 more collage classes with Jennifer Chamberlin at The Maker Beehive. Her bicycle and bird collages. Hope to work on those with my baby sissy during Valerie’s spring break. Have been making terrific progress on my mosaic. It is amazing what a little pressure (thank you#100DayProject) will do. Also enjoying work on my Valentine wreath. Might be ready in time for next year!!
- Goodreads goal: Meet or exceed my reading goal for 2021. Currently 3 books ahead of schedule. Are we Goodreads friends yet?
RELATIONSHIP HEALTH – 3.0 (up .5)
- Visit family: want to visit Brennyn, Cady and Mustafa desperately; go see my mom and PC’s mom. I have had my Covid vaccines and Paul is scheduled for his second shot in 2 weeks. Then we can begin to make plans to visit the moms. I am surprising Cady at Disney World when they go next week. We wanted PC to go, too. But he didn’t feel right about going there before visiting his mom since he hasn’t seen her since this whole Covid business began.
- Planned activities with PC: plan purposeful activities and not let weekends come and go without having fun. Here’s one place my bucket lists come in handy. Check out my winter bucket list update, here. We have had game nights, soaks in the hot tub, taken lots of walks, enjoyed a few meals out, a trip to the zoo with the babies, and have a massage coming up this weekend.
- Strengthen relationships with grandbabies: especially need to show love and spend time with Cady on Facetime or phone calls. Because my Cady Coo doesn’t know I am going to surprise her at Disney next week, I sent her a box filled with clothes for her to wear on her trip and $20 to spend while she is there. She tried on everything for me the other day on Facetime. That baby girl is growing up so fast. She looked adorable in her new watermelon bikini from Target. Can’t wait to see her in everything in person!! Also, our public library was giving away new books through Reforma. I picked up the popular tween title Click’d by Tamara Ireland Stone to read with Cady at night in Florida.
PREVENTATIVE HEALTH MAINTENANCE – 2.5 (holding steady)
- Monday manis: give myself a manicure every Monday. Started out well on this and then LIFE. Find myself chewing my cuticles rather than manicuring them. Will get back on track.
- Skin care: sunscreen, bedtime complexion routine, occasional facials. Nothing to write home about here.
- Routine health care: make appointments for routine checks – dentist, dermatology, mammogram, vision. No appointments yet.
FINANCIAL HEALTH – 3.0 (up .5)
- Continue saving each month: saving a little each month. Yes.
- Save for Christmas, Disney and birthdays: investigate Christmas Club and Vacation Club accounts as well as ways to save for Disney. Opened a Christmas club account and have saved for Disney. Now to spend that money with my daughter, SIL and granddaughter.
- Watch spending: don’t pull the trigger on impulsive purchases. My Prince was a terrible influence in February. He introduced me to the Amazon daily deals. I wouldn’t shop myself but he would send me links for things he thought I might like. Here are a few of the things I bought but probably didn’t need. Looking at you Voeons yoga shorts. And you Fety workout leggings. But hey, if they help me meet my fitness goals, we’re good, right? However, no more daily deals in March!!
If these goals look familiar, they might just be!! They are about the same goals I have been working on over the past 3 years. Practice makes perfect, right?
Did you make any wellness goals for the year? If so, how are you progressing? Hope you will continue to follow me on my wellness journey. And just maybe we can inspire one another toward a healthier 2021.
Stay well, my friends. Thanks for coming by to visit. Don’t forget 10 on the 10th coming up on…you guessed it, the 10th!! 10 things you love about spring. Grab the graphic, here. And spring bucket list reveal on 03.21.2021. Get those thinking caps on!
Fist bumps and elbow taps,