Dear ones, thank you for joining me for my winter bucket list: update 02.21.2021. Not a whole lotta progress to report. But there’s still a month of winter left!!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Time to check out this update 02.21.2021.
UPDATE 02.21.2021: WINTER BUCKET LIST
In last month’s update, I wrote that it hadn’t felt much like winter around here. We had had 70*F/21*C afternoons. And I added that I was grateful my winter bucket list didn’t include all kinds of snow related activities!!
Then BAM…the great Texas snow storm hits. Making me wish I had added making snow men and snow angels and having snow balls fights to my winter bucket list.
And then, just like that – *snap* – we are back to 75* today. It’s enough to make your head spin.
Here’s my progress to date.
- Desert walks and runs – not going to specify how many I do or how far I go. Just need to get back at it. Haven’t started running outside yet but have been running on our mini treadmill. And walking in the living room!! My daughter Brennyn invited me to participate in StepBet with her and we winners for our first challenge. Have started our second challenge this week. You can learn more about StepBet here.
- Implement schedule for using gym equipment – we bought the stuff, now to use it. Ta-da, we are!! I have been running and rowing, PC uses the elliptical and rowing machine. Yay us!!
- Massage and facial – at least one of each. I’m looking at you, Woodhouse Day Spa. We had a fabulous deep tissue massage several weeks ago. And have an appointment for a couples’ massage at Woodhouse in a few weeks. Need to get that facial.
- Slow dance on New Year’s Eve – you probably remember that PC is not a dancer. Oh, he can but he won’t dance. Going to force this issue, though!! If not on New Year’s Eve, then shortly afterward. This did not happen. For now I am going to give this a big red X but if we do accidentally dance between now and 03.21.2021, you’ll be the first to know.
- Holiday light scavenger hunt – might be a good Christmas Eve activity. We didn’t do this formally either. In driving around the little bit we did over the holidays, I noticed the lights we passed but didn’t check them off my scavenger hunt list. Just didn’t feel much like celebrating this past holiday season so this ship has sailed.
- Game night with charcuterie board – PC loves Upwords and I love Pictionary, maybe the kids can even come. Had done both activities but not together until tonight. Ding, ding, ding – give this girl a checkmark.
- Craft with Lucia – maybe rock painting or bird feed pinecones. Neither yet. But going to baby sit tomorrow. Will take the supplies to make the bird feed pinecones.
- Work on mosaic – this makes my list season after season. Someday I am going to finish this thing. I am participating in the #100dayproject which has been the inspiration I needed to get busy again on my mosaic. Plus I moved it to the dining room table where there is a lot of natural light. So much easier to see to work on it. I may not finish before spring but I am making great progress. Added blue for the first time last week, you can see the arc of blue on the right side of the photo below. Starting now on the tear-drop shaped brown near the center of the design.
- Finish Winter Wonderland paintings – want to finish my second painting and my sister and I are looking at participating in another of Jennifer Chamberlin’s mixed media classes. This was an absolute delight. So much so, my sister and I have signed up for 2 more classes with Jennifer. Her bicycle collage and her birds. The courses are only $10 but will be going up to $15 on the first of March. I am thinking I might need to go ahead and by the camper course, too.
- Return to church– as soon as we feel it is safe, and in the meantime, begin watching online again. Have listened to our online church service once recently. Been joining my sister’s Sunday School class on Zoom some weeks. My brother-in-law will be teaching the class for the next month or so. However, once we both have our vaccinations, I would like to return to our church. Hopefully by spring?
- Read a self-help book – suggestions? Just received The Home Edit Life: The No-Guilt Guide to Owning What You Want and Organizing Everything by Clea Shearer and Joanna Teplin. Now to start reading it!!
- Pay it forward – hope to do this in a couple of different ways. Have enjoyed doing a couple of intentional things to try to brighten someone’s day. Left diapers and baby wipe on my porch bench (the same one featured here), for a young mom in our community who needed help. Still hope to try out some of these great ideas for random acts of kindness, here.
- Hot chocolate bar or spiced cider – I love my Mexican hot chocolate recipe!! Have you tried it? Check it out here. Would like to make it and try my hand at some spiced cider, too. We did make Danielle’s spiced cider. It was delicious!! Going to continue to mark this as pending, though, because I want to make hot chocolate, too.
- Tamale run and tasting – a local AM radio station conducted a poll to find the 10 best places in El Paso for tamales. I want to determine our favorite. Oh, my gosh, this was so much FUN. We will definitely do this again. Thinking it would be fun to do with other foods, too!!
- Try 3 new recipes – thinking at least one cocktail, one main course and one dessert. Made these white Christmas margaritas. They were really tasty. And just this week, tried a new recipe for pulled pork chili. Hosted a recipe swap and blog hop – Favorite Treats for Your Sweets just last week. You can click here to check out all the scrumptious recipes shared.
- Matching holiday PJs – have wanted to do this with the whole fam for a few years but it hasn’t happened. And it didn’t happen again this year.
- Two GYPO winter outfit posts – so many great pieces in the Get Your Pretty On winter capsule wardrobe. Joined my friend Carrie and 6 other bloggers to we revive the Ageless Style series. The theme for our first post was ‘sparkle and shine.’ Each month a different one of us will suggest a theme for which the group will style a look. Our posts go live on the third Thursday. Join us in March!! I have this new phone and when I click on photo, sometimes I actually take these mini video clips. Not sure what I am doing right or wrong. Ha!! Earlier in the season, I shared winter looks here and here.
- Styling winter dresses – it’s been so long since I’ve had on a dress!! If nothing else, I want to style some from my fashion haus for the blog. I did put on skirts for the Ageless Style link up. Alas, no dresses, yet. Will make this happen before the final update on 03.21.2021. At least at home in front of my skinny mirror!!
You’ve read my winter bucket list update 02.21.2021. Now you share yours!! Link up your blog post here.
Or share your progress in a comment. We have one more month to go. Let’s work it these next 4 weeks, girls. By my count I have met 9 of my goals, nixed 3 activities, which leaves 6 still lacking that coveted green checkmark. Hope you will come back next month on 03.21.2021 for my final update and the reveal of my spring bucket list.
Thank you for popping in. Wishing you a peaceful, healthy, warm week ahead.
Hugs and kisses,