Happy first day of fall. And what better way to kick off the best season than to share my 2019 Autumn Bucket List reveal post. I know the suspense is killing you but before we get to the main event, let’s wind things up for summer.
2019 SUMMER BUCKET LIST, Final UPDATE
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click a link provided we may receive a very small commission. Thank you for your support!
- Paint rocks to give away or take a painting class. Moved to autumn.
- Take a pottery class through Falcon Pottery & Art Studio. Moved to autumn.
- Attend an outdoor music event. ✔️
- Watch fireworks. ✔️
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Moved to autumn.
- Finally plan that blessed backward date. ✔️
- Play Pictionary. Didn’t happen but not forwarding onto my autumn list. Just hoping I can rope Lauren, Francisco and PC into playing with me soon.
- Snap a photo of all us girls. ✔️
- Water fun in Ft. Worth. ✔️
- Check out routes for bike ride & run for the Mighty Mujer Triathlon. ❌ Not going to happen. Just working on being as fit as I can be by running, lifting weights, swimming and biking.
- Swim at night or skinny dip. Well, we were going to get in the hot tub tonight but has postponed until tomorrow. Not going to move this onto autumn’s list but just have confidence in me that this is going to happen. 😜
- Take donations to the animal shelter. Moved to autumn.
- Make food donations at church or pay it forward. ✔️
- Get a custom temporary tattoo. ✔️ Well, I have the tattoo. Finally. But haven’t applied it. My plans got all messed up when the tattoo took so long to arrive. Thinking I will postpone this until Christmas when I have my daughters with me again.
- Shop a new store. ✔️ Going to call this a done deal. Went to a store where I’ve only shopped once. That counts, right?
- Investigate going natural. ✔️
- Bake a cobbler – hopefully peach. ✔️ Have all of the ingredients. Going to bake this tomorrow. I promise.
- Try a new recipe for the grill. ✔️
These were items I was going to start on when we knew PC had a job lined up. But that hasn’t happened yet. So, for now, I am doing a whole lot of pinning!
- *Begin changing kitchen theme.
- *Begin freshening up the patio furniture and backyard.
By my count, I had a total of 18 activities (not counting the bonus items) and completed 11. Not my best effort. But I have high hopes for my 2019 autumn bucket list. Here’s what I am planning.
2019 Autumn Bucket List
Hoping to have a number of gals join me for this season’s list. One of new bloggers I invited to join me, Anne and Troy from The Cajun Couple, posted their bucket list today. Hope you will run by to check out their plans. I suggested that Anne come up with some activities and Troy, her husband, add some things he was interested in doing. And PC and I did the same thing. I challenged my Prince Charming to come up with 3 activities and then I filled in our list with 12 more, making it a nice round number of 15 items.
Have a look:
Arts and Crafts
- Participate in a Dia de los Muertos craft or activity: Something like a parade, altar building, visiting altars and displays around town.
- Register for a Photography class at UTEP: Have registered for Basics of Digital Photography, starts on 10.22.2019 and meets on Tuesdays from 1:30 PM to 3:00 pm for 6 sessions. Anxious to learn more about my DSL.
- Sign Up for a Pottery class at Falcon Pottery & Art Studio: Forwarded from summer. This is a pottery studio in my neighborhood. Just hoping to try my hand at 3-dimensional art again. Haven’t done pottery since college.
- Attend a UTEP football game: This is an activity chosen by PC. Poor UTEP (University of Texas, El Paso) simply cannot play football. Hoping at least the tickets are cheap, the weather is beautiful and the beer is cold if we can’t hope for a win.
- Enjoy a progressive date: We have done this a couple of times. Lots of fun and a great way to try new-to-us establishments.
- Get a couple’s massage: My Prince strikes again. Hope we return to Woodhouse Day Spa. It was a bit of heaven on earth when we visited it for the first time this summer.
- See a good movie: Another PC activity. With emphasis on good. “Midway” is coming out on Veteran’s Day. We both enjoy war movies, so we are hopeful about it.
- Halloween adventures: Hope to wander the corn maze, visit the pumpkin patch, or dress up for Halloween with Lucia.
- Peruse AnnieMo’s Holiday Shop: Have always visited this fabulous store alone in the past but hoping this fall I can persuade Lauren to go with me.
- Hike and complete nature scavenger hunt: Carried forward from summer. Have the scavenger hunt sheets printed and a hike picked out. Now to ‘just do it.’
- Run…okay, jog a 5K: Haven’t decided on one yet. Hoping there will be a turkey trot around Thanksgiving. Trotting is a really good verb for what I do. How is it we are already thinking about Thanksgiving???
Food for the Soul
- Donate items for animals at the shelter and food at church: Brought forward from summer, at least the supplies for the animal shelter; we did donate hygiene supplies for the elderly this summer. My friend Abigail, recently tired school counselor, just shared the work of Sir Darius at Beaux and Paws. This 12 year-old entrepreneur creates bow ties to help shelter pups get adopted. Christened this 2019 Autumn Bucket List by making a small donation to his Go Fund Me fundraiser.
- Paint rocks in Halloween/Dia de los Muertos theme and leave them around the community: Another summer activity kicked forward into fall. This should be fun if I don’t get all wrapped around the hub about painting the rocks perfectly.
Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone
- Share at least 6 outfits from GYPO fall challenge for My Fashion Haus posts: Try a couple of new trends. You can still register for both the fall capsule wardrobe, click here, and the fall work wear capsule wardrobe, click here. Mommies and Mimis/Gabbas/Grandmas can be fashionistas, too!!
- Try new chili recipes – at least one in my Instapot, share for Tasty Tuesday posts: Become more comfortable with my Instapot, and try new kinds of chili with a variety of sides. Suggestions welcome!! Are we Pinterest pals, by the way? You can follow me here and leave your Pinterest URL in a comment below.
Had to pull off my socks to calculate that I have 15 activities planned for the season. Feel free to double check my math. I struggle in that area, you know.
Wish us luck! I say US because poor PC gets dragged into the majority of my bucket list experiences. Whether he likes it or doesn’t. But he is almost always a good sport.
Whatcha got planned on your 2019 Autumn Bucket List? Even if it isn’t an official blog post or pen and paper list, I know you have some activities you hope to enjoy this season. Won’t you share with me? Link-up your fall bucket list posts below or inspire us with your ideas in a comment!
We awoke to the nicest gentle rain shower this morning. Such a treat. And a great way to step into autumn. Hope it is a beautiful day where you are. Be safe and hurry back to see me! Thanks for being my bud.
Hugs and kisses,