Happy Fri-YAY, Babes!
No better way to celebrate Friday and the first day of summer than to share my 2019 Summer Bucket List. So excited to be doing this series with some of my bestest blogging buddies. And icing on the cake…YOU are here, and I’m not just talking to myself. Life is good, life is good!
Before we get to the new list, let’s take one final look how I made out for spring.
2019 Spring Bucket List: Final Update
Here’s a reminder of my spring bucket list. Shared my last update, here, in May.
Since May, I have completed a few last activities.
- Discover ways of finding peace. ✔️ This is becoming a daily habit.
- Finish a section in my mosaic and finish scrapbooking Germany. ✔️ Not completely finished with scrapbooking that trip but have scrapped all of the pictures I have printed out.
- Open my fashion haus. ✔️ Several SIA Style Imitating Art and GYPO Get Your Pretty On posts this spring.
- Spring cleaning. ✔️ Finished the upstairs and have begun downstairs with the kitchen first up.
- Create a spring craft. ✔️ Completed 2 projects. My Easter eggs and most recently, my succulent garden centerpiece.
- Frolic in the poppies. ✔️
- Indulge in a spring mani or pedi. ✔️ One mani and 2 pedis.
- Pay it forward. ✔️
- Try art in the park. ✔️
- Attend Easter church service. ✔️
- Run a 5K. ✔️
- Go on a backwards date. ❌ NO! Every weekend I would start to make some plans and something would interfere. This was bumped from winter to spring and now spring to summer. It will be done this summer.
- Hike. ✔️
- Picnic with my PC. ✔️ On the hike! Also on our first day of Weight Watchers. Lunch meat sandwiches, fruit, goldfish crackers.
- Take a class or course. ❌ But taking one on Saturday!! Portrait photography. From 10:00-3:00. Just a day late!
- Update our outdoor space around the pool. ❌ Thought better of doing this considering PC’s potential unemployment status. I did add this to my 2019 summer bucket list.
I wound up completing 13 out of 16 activities. Might be one of my best season’s yet! Moving into summer with high hopes. Speaking of which, let’s have a look at my 2019 summer bucket list.
2019 Summer Bucket List
Can you read that teensy print? Yeah, me neither. So let me break down the list for both of us.
Arts and Crafts
- Paint rocks to give away or take a painting class. Painted rocks once before then put them about and folks actually picked them up. Kind of fun so might repeat that or do an I Painted That! class with my Prince Charming.
- Take a pottery class through Falcon Pottery & Art Studio. Haven’t created pottery since college. Many moons ago.
- Attend an outdoor music event. El Paso has a number of great outdoor music venues. Music Under the Stars, Cool Canyon Nights.
- Watch fireworks. Fourth of July, salute!
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Saw this idea on Pinterest. Will probably create my own list or have PC help me, then we could make the hunt part of another mountain hike.
- Finally plan that blessed backward date. Say a prayer that this finally gets off the ground. And off the list.
- Play Pictionary. I love this game. Want to play somewhere, somehow with someone.
- Snap a photo of all us girls. We will all 5 be together in July for birthdays. Even if this is a blurry selfie, it’s going to happen.
- Water fun in Ft. Worth. More birthday fun. Cady’s 9th on 07.28, Brennyn’s 35th on 07.30 and Lauren’s 33rd on 07.31.
- Check out routes for bike ride & run for the Mighty Mujer Triathlon. Toying with the idea of trying to participate in this triathlon. What am I thinking?
- Swim at night or skinny dip. Our pool, of course.
Food for the Soul
- Take donations to the animal shelter. Would love to start visiting, walking pups, playing with kitties. But can’t bear the idea of the animals being put down. Our shelter is working toward becoming ‘no kill’ but isn’t there yet.
- Make food donations at church or pay it forward. Our church accepts donations every week so this should be an easy ✔️.
Outside My Comfort Zone
- Get a custom temporary tattoo. Who am I? A triathlon and a temporary tattoo? What’s in that Koolaid, anyway? Just think it could have great shock value if I get a temporary tattoo before I go to Ft. Worth. My girls will die!
- Shop a new store. Grocery, clothing, shoe, online, brick and mortar, Etsy storefront. Something different.
- Investigate going natural. Friends, what do you think about this? I really hate spending the money on professional hair color. My at home color turns dry and brassy. And I still have grays. Really like my natural color (dark, ashy brown with a little copper) better. Not sure how much gray it would be peppered with but thinking we are going to find out.
Being Betty Crocker
- Bake a cobbler – hopefully peach. Our peaches were bountiful last summer, but we have nary a one this year. Yet.
- Try a new recipe for the grill. Something Weight Watcher friendly.
Probably should have prefaced this whole list with *only if we are employed. These last 2 *activities are definitely just wishful thinking. We certainly don’t need to update the kitchen colors and decor or freshen up the patio furniture and backyard if neither of us are working. For that matter, I won’t be shopping a new store and may not be able to go to Ft. Worth.
And Susie Homemaker
- *Begin changing kitchen theme.
- *Begin freshening up the patio furniture and backyard.
Ambitious list. But I am flying high on my success this spring.
What does your 2019 summer bucket list look like? Won’t you link up your bucket list post? Or, if you don’t blog, how about sharing your list in a comment below. Then mark your calendar, planner and agenda to come back and update your progress with us on 07.21.2019 and 08.21.2019. And please, stop by to say hi to some of the other gals linking up with me today.
Not sure about this whole bucket list business? In last summer’s list, here, there’s a little video explaining why I love doing bucket lists. And bonus…did you know that making bucket lists is a healthy practice? Take a sec to watch my video and find out why! Then grab pencil and paper and get busy making your own 2019 summer bucket list.
Thank you, dolls, visiting today. Have a blessed weekend and get started on those 2019 summer bucket list activities!
Hugs and kisses,