Howdy from Ohio! We are on the second leg of our whirlwind 3-state tour. Visited with mom in Lexington, KY first, now just north of Dayton in Tipp City with PC’s fam. Haven’t had a whole lot of time for blog reading or writing but wanted to share my summer bucket list update 08.2019 real quick.
2019 SUMMER BUCKET LIST, UPDATE 08.2019
With one month left to accomplish everything remaining, I need to print this list and get it on my frig to remind me of what we are lacking. If you missed the earlier summer bucket list posts, you can catch up here and here.
Now let’s see where I am at the end of August.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click a link provided we may receive a very small commission. Thank you for your support!
ARTS AND CRAFTS
- Paint rocks to give away or take a painting class. Pending
- Take a pottery class through Falcon Pottery & Art Studio. Pending
- Attend an outdoor music event. ✔️ Just last Friday night. Went to the movies to see “Blinded by the Light” about the Pakistani teen living in Great Britain who is inspired by Bruce Springsteen’s music. Then took our Origami cranes to the shooting memorial. Had a beer – for me it was a chocolate lager called Abuela (grandmother) Stout and pretzels at Dead Beach Brewery. Listened to an ’80’s band on the patio of the Abraham Chavez auditorium.
- Watch fireworks. ✔️ On the 3rd of July after the Chihuahua’s win at Southwest University Ball Park.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Pending. Have some ideas pinned on my Outdoor Adventures board.
- Finally plan that blessed backward date. ✔️ We had a really great day!! I used the backward date for our anniversary celebration. Need to write that post.
- Play Pictionary. Pending. Didn’t happen in Ft. Worth. Wondering if I can sneak the board into my suitcase to play on our trip. Stay tuned.
- Snap a photo of all us girls. ✔️ So, I still don’t have a professional photographer’s photo of us but I do have a couple of selfies now. Who knew how hard it can be to get 5 people to smile and keep their eyes open at the same time.
- Water fun in Ft. Worth. ✔️ Our day at Hawaiian Falls did not disappoint. Water slides, wave pool, lazy river and pepperoni pizza. And without mentioning any names – one of us ate a whole lot of Doritos.
- Check out routes for bike ride & run for the Mighty Mujer Triathlon. Going to call this a bust. Have decided I cannot participate in a triathlon with the trouble I am having with my right leg. Instead what I am working on is being able to swim, run and ride my bike the distances required in a triathlon. Then if I decide to try to participate in one next spring, maybe I can.
- Swim at night or skinny dip. Pending.
FOOD FOR THE SOUL
- Take donations to the animal shelter. Pending.
- Make food donations at church or pay it forward. ✔️ Donated hygiene products and cleaning supplies to our church for the elderly. Made Origami cranes for the memorial for the El Paso shooting victims. Still hoping to pay it forward.
OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE
- Get a custom temporary tattoo. Pending. So. Frustrated. Ordered my custom temporary tattoo on 07.09. Have never received it. Had hoped to have it to wear in Ft. Worth but that trip has come and gone. I’ve emailed Momentary Ink several times, to which they reply that there was an error but my order will be shipped shortly. Now thinking I will order from another temp tatt place. But won’t see my girls together until Christmas. Maybe by that time my order will have finally arrived?
- Shop a new store. Pending. But I did try Fashom and loved it. Hoping to hit the outlet mall near Dayton, Ohio so maybe I will discover a new store there. Stay tuned.
- Investigate going natural. ✔️ Going to give myself a check on this one. Haven’t colored my hair yet, which is good. Used a deep smoky ash Expresso glaze from Madison Reed to neutralize the brassiness of my highlights without covering the gray. Also, bought some purple shampoo and conditioner at Sally’s which has helped to neutralize the blonde.
BEING BETTY CROCKER
- Bake a cobbler – hopefully peach. Pending. Bought the filling and have everything for the crumb topping. Just need to mix it together and bake it. Will make that a priority when we return from our trip to KY-OH-TN.
- Try a new recipe for the grill. ✔️ Found this recipe for ginger steak marinade with rum on Pinterest. Had all of the ingredients, well, except the fresh ginger, which I don’t care for. Used ground ginger instead. The meat was delicious and tender. A little sweet, a little spicy.
AND SUSIE HOMEMAKER
You might remember that the items in this category are only ‘maybes’; not going to even work on these until I know PC has a job. But a girl can dream. And I have been adding things to Pinterest for both of these projects. These are both still on hold as PC has no job prospects at this time. The last thing I need is patio furniture and a new cactus themed kitchen!
- *Begin changing kitchen theme. Want to do something southwest. Maybe cactus? Have been wish-listing canister sets like this one or maybe these? We’ll see how the job search goes.
- *Begin freshening up the patio furniture and backyard. And when our ship comes in, hope to replace the patio furniture. Maybe start with some chaise lounges like these? Have so enjoyed my quiet time on the patio this summer.
How are you coming on your summer bucket list? Won’t you share your update, 08.2019 with us by linking-up below? Or leave a comment with an update on the activities you have enjoyed this season. Then pop by to visit with a few of the other bloggers sharing their summer bucket list update 08.2019. It’s such fun to read what everyone else has been up to.
Please keep in mind we will be sharing our autumn bucket lists and final summer update on 09.21.2019. Would love to have YOU join us. Fall is my favorite season and there are so many fun things to do. Start working on your list now, gals!!
Thank you for coming by. Hope your week has gone along swimmingly.
Hugs and kisses,