A month has passed since I first shared my 2019 Summer Bucket List, so today it is time for an update on the progress I have made. Need to print this list and get it up, front and center, on my frig so I can keep track of all I have penciled in for the season. As you will see below, I haven’t exactly set the world on fire so far.
2019 Summer Bucket List, Update 07.2019
You can read the June post revealing my summer bucket list, here. In it, I explained a little about each of the items on my list. And, if you squint or grab your readers, you might be able to make out my list in the graphic below.
Here’s my update 07.2019 with how I’ve fared on my summer bucket list so far.
Arts and Crafts
- Paint rocks to give away or take a painting class. Pending
- Take a pottery class through Falcon Pottery & Art Studio. Pending
- Attend an outdoor music event. Pending.
- Watch fireworks. ✔️ Yuppers, on the 3rd of July after the Chihuahua’s win at Southwest University Ball Park.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt. Pending.
- Finally plan that blessed backward date. ✔️ Why, yes, yes, we planned it and even better, we took that backward date. Guess it deserves a post of it’s own. We had a really great day!! I used the backward date for our anniversary celebration.
- Play Pictionary. Pending, maybe in Ft. Worth or with the kids once they get settled here.
- Snap a photo of all us girls. We will all 5 be together in a week. It has been over a year since we have all been together!! Super excited. We will get someone to take a pic of us everywhere we go and everything we do. Surely one of them will come out.
- Water fun in Ft. Worth. We have decided to go to Hawaiian Falls. Going to rent a cabana so we can enjoy a little time out of the sun.
- Check out routes for bike ride & run for the Mighty Mujer Triathlon. Pending. There is another triathlon I have been looking at in September, Eagle in the Sun. But I don’t think I can be ready to participate in it. And maybe not even for Mighty Mujer in April. What I am working on doing is being able to swim, run and ride my bike the distances required in a triathlon. Then if I decide to try to participate in one, I can.
- Swim at night or skinny dip. Pending.
Food for the Soul
- Take donations to the animal shelter. Pending.
- Make food donations at church or pay it forward. ✔️ We donated hygiene products and cleaning supplies to our church for Project Love. Volunteers distributed 1,500 bags to the elderly. So glad that the elderly in our community were the recipients. They are so often forgotten.
Outside My Comfort Zone
- Get a custom temporary tattoo. In the works. Worked with the good folks at Momentary Tattoo to create the design below. Hope to receive it before I go to Ft. Worth. The plan is to put it on and shock my daughters with my temp tattoo.
- Shop a new store. Pending. But I did try Fashom and loved it. Check out the cute clothes in my first Fashom box, here.
- Investigate going natural. Working on it. Have had my hair cut so the highlights and gray kind of blend in better where the natural color is beginning to grow out. Ordered a deep smoky ash Expresso glaze from Madison Reed that is supposed to take away the brassiness of my highlights and add depth to black or brunette hair without covering gray. Also, bought some purple shampoo and conditioner at Sally’s to help neutralize the blonde.
Being Betty Crocker
- Bake a cobbler – hopefully peach. Pending. Not going to be able to bake a peach cobbler with peaches from our tree. Boo!! But will bake a cobbler of some sort. Love the one Penny shared, here.
- Try a new recipe for the grill. Coming up shortly. Have pinned some grill recipes on my Weight Watchers board, here. Thinking the chicken and pineapple kabobs look like a winner.
And Susie Homemaker
You might remember that the items in this category are only ‘maybes’; not going to even work on these until I know PC has a job. But a girl can dream. And I have been adding things to Pinterest for both of these projects.
- *Begin changing kitchen theme.
- *Begin freshening up the patio furniture and backyard.
So, that’s where I am. I leave for Ft. Worth on Wednesday and hope to have the very best time with all of my girls together. It’s been too long. And knock out a few of these items while we’re at it.
Did you put together a summer bucket list? If so, won’t you share your update, 07.2019 with us by linking-up below? Or leave a comment with an update on the activities you have planned for this season. It’s such fun to read what everyone else is up to. We can inspire each other to try new things and make this a summer to remember.
Well, Lauren and Lucia are officially El Pasoans. And Francisco will be in a few months. They have all of the stuff in the new house, but there’s still much to put away. They are a great team and have worked so hard today. I was one busy Gabba playing with and babysitting our lil miss from about 8:00 am until she finally closed her eyes about 30 minutes ago. Exhausted!!
Enjoy your Sunday, girls. Make a special memory, do something that makes you happy. Thank you for coming by to read my Summer Bucket List, Update 07.2019.
Hugs and kisses,