HaPpY hUmP dAy, fRiEnDs!
Linking up with Anne in Residence for Currently 10.2019 and to share my autumn goals. Before we get started today, you can read my September Currently post, here and August Currently post, here. Anne sends out the month’s prompts and then we all write a post around our responses. Love doing things like this. Remember The Blended Blog’s TBB Asks posts? They were lots of fun, too!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click a link provided I may receive a very small commission. Thank you for your support!
This month we are responding to these prompts…what are we currently arranging, embracing, loving, purchasing and sharing. I give you, Currently 10.2019, in ABC order…
my 2 tier tray using mostly Dollar Tree, Walmart and Target decorations. Oh, and my pretty wood bead garland from Carrie at Curly, Crafty Mom.
Also arranging my thrift store wheelbarrow out front.
And there’s my scarecrow and pumpkins by the front door. This little buddy will help us give out candy on Halloween.
the items on the Get Your Pretty On 2019 fall capsule wardrobe shopping list. Shopped several stores before deciding on a plaid blazer at H&M. Bought the brown plaid but thinking I also might need to embrace that gray herringbone.
my Prince Charming, my Prince C., my P.C., my Paul Clingan. He has been so good. My moods in September were all over the place and he was so patient with me. He has enjoyed taking Lucia to the movies several times, has invited the kids to come over. Paul has helped me with my seasonal cleaning; we cleaned the garage a few days ago, today we took down a grouping of framed photos from our honeymoon in France, and cleaned the glass then reframed each one. I know this employment situation is as nerve racking for him as it is for me. But my hubs has been so good. I always love him, but it’s time like these that help me to realize just how much.
these d’Orsay snake skin print flats and this textured mock-neck blouson-sleeve sweater in a pretty carnation pink called full bloom. Scored this pair of Winnie pants in a cute leopard print from J.Crew Factory, along with this cotton-wool blend Teddie sweater in a trendy Spanish clay color.
Have also purchased our virtual book club’s October read, The Girls at 17 Swann Street by Yara Zgheib. From Amazon:
Anna Roux was a professional dancer who followed the man of her dreams from Paris to Missouri. There, alone with her biggest fears – imperfection, failure, loneliness – she spirals down anorexia and depression till she weighs a mere eighty-eight pounds. Forced to seek treatment, she is admitted as a patient at 17 Swann Street, a peach pink house where pale, fragile women with life-threatening eating disorders live. Women like Emm, the veteran; quiet Valerie; Julia, always hungry. Together, they must fight their diseases and face six meals a day.
Every bite causes anxiety. Every flavor induces guilt. And every step Anna takes toward recovery will require strength, endurance, and the support of the girls at 17 Swann Street. [source]
Bath and Body Works coupons. Do you get those in the mail? For some reason, we get 3 sets of coupons. I always pack them in my purse, use what I need and then pass out the rest at the store to the folks standing in line behind me. Hey, hadn’t thought of it before, but would that count as paying it forward on my bucket list?
Oh, and along with this little currently 10.2019 post, I am sharing my final summer goals update and my autumn goals!! Here they are…
Summer Goals Update
- Reach and maintain my Weight Watchers lifetime goal weight. ✅ I’m hovering around 137. Not strictly tracking my WW points but still watching what I eat and monitoring my weight. Concentrating on toning now.
- Do Wishtree book study. ✅ Finished this book last week. It was a quick, delightful read. Grab your favorite youngster and read this book together.
- Write 2 new TpT library lessons. ❌ Nope. Wrote one new lesson for our Teachers Pay Teachers store this summer but need to get after that second one.
- Train for a triathlon. ❌ This fell by the wayside. Huge goal that was just unattainable. But I’ve been working out more, and eating healthier.
- Finish spring cleaning. ✅ Yes, by golly, I have!! It went from spring to summer to ‘seasonal’ cleaning but it is done, son!
- Continue finding 30 minutes of ✌ peace everyday. ✅ Doing pretty well at this. Quiet time, listening to books, crafting, writing, napping.
- FINISH. ✅ Going to say I have done pretty well on this. Finished a number of books, my cleaning, a section of my mosaic, started painting my rocks, finally. Just need to FINISH, for Pete’s sake, finish my story.
- Finish Boxes from Betsy (working title), my children’s book. I think about it all the time. Why can’t I get it finished????
- Scrapbook Lauren and Brennyn’s weddings and Lucia’s birth. Have started working on this, now to do the tough part…finish.
- Vlog twice a month this fall. Did you catch my first vlog attempt, here? Going to get better at it, I promise.
- Write 2 more library lessons for Library Lovin’ Sisters, our TpT store. Check out our store, here.
- Complete VipKids demo lesson and submit. Hoping to get a part-time job teaching English online through VipKids.
Hope you will cheer me on over the next few months.
How would you respond to Anne’s prompts for Currently 10.2019? What are you arranging, embracing, loving, purchasing and sharing? You can get ‘sharing’ out of the way by sharing a comment below!
Thank you, sweet friends, for being here with me for a bit today. I enjoy sharing with you, embracing you and loving you!!
Hugs and kisses,