First Tuesday of this shiny new month means it’s time for my Sentence a Day, 09.2019. So glad to see fall sashaying in with some rain and much cooler temperatures. Happy to report I have jumped into the whole pumpkin spice thing with both feet! Had my first PSL, pumpkin bread, pumpkin doughnut and yesterday, pumpkin spice Special K. Life is good!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click a link provided I may receive a very small commission. Thank you for your support!
Sentence a Day 09.2019
I struggled some in September feeling down in the dumps and very moody. Part of it was the recurring flare-up of Lyme disease I have in early fall each year. Also PC’s job situation, knowing that fall and winter are very difficult seasons for my mom. Feels like I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop. But happy to report that with the first day of October, my mood seemed to shift and lighten.
Down in the Dumps
- Wondering if the generic form of my OCD meds could be screwing me up; I am so sad, defeated lately; church message was wonderful and uplifting, thank goodness, will share this week, stop at Michael’s for a few scrapbook supplies, scrapped with my sister but my heart wasn’t into it, gym and burgers on the grill for dinner. 09.01.2019
- Labor Day bike ride, gym, grilled steak and salmon, did a little writing but don’t feel like doing any of the things I generally like to do. 09.02.2019
- Up early for quiet time, finding myself in tears everyday, and feeling so impatient and frustrated and irritable without understanding why; helped with Cia, home to do laundry, clean appliances, run to the store with PC, home for lunch, appointment with the counselor that made me more all of the above, home to fix dinner, shut off my laptop and phone which were both acting squirrelly and just watched “Bachelor in Paradise”. 09.03.2019
- Figured out what might be going on with me…this is the season my Lyme disease flares up…aches, fogginess, emotions running a muck, and realized that my new prescription of OCD meds is not controlled release so it doesn’t last all day…anyway, feeling better today…Lucia, put up my summer decor, decluttered our den – feels so good – made a lasagna but we enjoyed Subway sammies for dinner instead after a good workout at the gym. 09.04.2019
- Lucia and I got our act together in record time today, home for a morning of blog reading, added fall flowers from the dollar store to my wheelbarrow, dentist appointment followed by physical therapy, skipped the gym, ate yesterday’s lasagna, talked to mom and Bren on the phone, Valerie on Messenger, Lauren on What’s App, while blog reading…so behind. 09.05.2019
- Over the mountain to Lauren’s house this morning, had Lucia at school by 9:00 am, then returned to Lauren’s to be with her while she spoke with a medium (!), read more here, something I had mixed feelings about, but didn’t want to her to be by herself, as she asked questions about the baby Emma she miscarried late last year; home for lunch and then a 2.5 hour trip to the commissary – takes forever to scan food for WW points; put up groceries, back across the mountain to pick up Cia at daycare, took her to McD’s, then to see “The Little Mermaid” at the theater, brought her home for a quick bath before Lauren and Francisco picked her up. 09.06.2019
- Today would have been my father’s 92nd birthday, hope there was an angel food cake in heaven for him. Up and out the door before 9:00 am for PC’s first championship game, where he threw himself all over the infield with his typical passion for doing the best he can to catch every ball that comes his way = result: skinned knees, elbows, hips; lunch with the baseball game – cold beer and warm tortilla soup; home for an hour to shower up before meeting the kids for dinner at Texas Roadhouse, good dinner, good company, Lucia was a doll. 09.07.2019
- Both of us showered first thing this morning but I dressed for church and PC dressed for the gym, he won out and I changed into shorts, oiled the kitchen cabinets, caught up on blog reading, scheduled some posts, started laundry, did an easy workout at the gym, leftovers for dinner, football all afternoon and evening, my fantasy team is not exactly a dream come true. 09.08.2019
Lost Days and 9.11
- Somehow, I lost days 09.09 and 09.10 – guess there wasn’t much going on or I was deep in a fog.
- Prayers for all of those affected by 9.11 – which would amount to our entire country. Back to getting up early for quiet time and it makes such a difference in my day; did my Cia stint – she was so cute getting out of the car at school, blood work at Beaumont Army hospital, wandered around the abandoned lower Beaumont for pics, brunch with Lorena, physical therapy and finally home at 3:30, worn out, brats for dinner, to bed by 10:00. 09.11.2019
- Another early morning for quiet time, across the mountain to help with Lucia, counseling with Hillary, home to work on my ‘seasonal cleaning’ as Hillary has labeled it, gym, cleaned living and dining room windows and blinds, blog writing and reading. 09.12.2019
- This Friday the 13th went off without a second thought…and there was a full harvest moon, too, imagine the kids in school were wild, though; we were able to sleep in a bit as I didn’t Cia sit this morning, but we picked her up from school this afternoon and took her to see “Beauty and the Beast.” 09.13.2019
- Another baseball championship game with another big W for the El Paso Yankees, photos with all the wives, lunch with the team, home for a bit before heading to Alamo Draft House to watch “Brittany Runs a Marathon,” which was fun and motivational. 09.14.2019
- Slept so deeply with the chillier fall temps at night, and a nice rain, scrambled to get ready for church, good message about moving forward rather than living in the past, PC’s back was really hurting so he went home and I went to Souper Salad with Cia and Lauren, then a run through the outlet mall where I scored some wide leg jeans that I love, and a few other Get Your Pretty On fall capsule wardrobe pieces, shrimp, cheese, crackers and wine in the hot tub for dinner. 09.15.2019
- Across the mountain to help with my pumpkin pie, counseling appointment, picked up items for 24 hour urine collection requested by my new endocrinologist…should be a good time, “Dancing with the Stars”. 09.16.2019
Another Angel in Heaven
- Sweet Stephanie went home to heaven today; she was such a sweetie and had such a difficult life, developing a brain tumor at 1 year-old, chemo and radiation destroyed her lungs and she had a lung transplant about 4 years ago, her little body couldn’t fight any longer. My sister called to tell me that Stephanie had died. I was sad and in tears all night. 09.17.2019
- Grateful to Lauren for hugs and understanding when I was sad this morning, PC was a doll, too; life can be so hard sometimes; we are feeling pretty down in the dumps about the job situation, State Bar of Texas hearing for our crook of a lawyer was cancelled when he agreed to pay restitution, thank You God. 09.18.2019
- Slipped into bed for cuddles with Lucia before she awoke, enjoyed coffee and convo with Buff before taking Cia to school, opthamologist appointment – eyes have changed slightly both at a distance and upclose = new glasses; fall decorating when I got home, gym, Chipotle for dinner. 09.19.2019
- Out the door before breakfast for a pain management appointment for PC and then lab work for me, breakfast at iHOP, trip to the outlet for try-ons and shopping for GYPO fall pieces, gym, blog reading and writing, rotisserie chick for supper and “Live PD” after. 09.20.2019
Rain, Rain Come Again Another Day
- How I love a lazy RAINY day…we slept late with the balcony door open so that the pitter pat of rain serenaded us in bed, then spent much of the morning blog reading (me), gaming (PC) on our laptops, Lauren texted asking if we wanted to meet them at Peter Piper Pizza – the answer was yes, and then PC suggested we follow up dinner with “Rapunzel” at the theater, we had a lot of real, true fun. 09.21.2019
- Overslept – do you detect a theme – for church but made it in time for second service, then ran to H&M to buy the plaid blazer I loved on Friday’s trip, football, laundry, late afternoon walk, cheese, sausage, crackers and wine in the hot tub for dinner, more football and blog reading this evening. 09.22.2019
- Good day accomplishing things, enjoying a walk in the morning, work out at the gym in the afternoon, oohing over my Cady’s beautiful ballet photos, talking to my sister, cleaning out a closet and starting seasonal cleaning on my final room! 09.23.2019
- Up early for a 7:30 am appointment to get a referral for a mammogram and to turn in my 24 hour urine sample, home for an hour before going with PC to another farewell lunch for some of the guys he worked with, both of us were kind of bummed afterward, I napped for 30 minutes then ironed, snacks for supper, watched “The Voice” and put together the summaries for our book club’s next read. 09.24.2019
- Helped with Cia so the kids could go to an obstetric appointment, enjoyed listening to my book in the car and while I ironed at home, bought a 3-hole punch and notebooks to organize my medical records for all of these doctors appointments. 09.25.2019
Praise All Things Pumpkin
- Mom seems to be struggling again, another UTI, more bathroom issues, not interested or feeling like getting dressed for the day, not interested in going to eat, praying we are not headed back to where we were last fall; had fun Skyping with Cady and Brennyn, had a PSL and pumpkin loaf at Starbucks, hair cut and the highlights/gray blended better. 09.26.2019
Welcome Autumn Weather
- Sleeping so deeply with the balcony door open and the cool air drifting in, rode bikes to the gym but both of us had flat tires when we came out after our workout, had to walk our bikes home, outlet mall run for jeans at Loft Outlet, late lunch at Souper Salad, a quick stop at Academy, storm clouds rolling in, home to blog read, blog write and to watch another episode of “Stranger Things.” 09.27.2019
- Good day, had planned to go on a hike in New Mexico but the ball team called for a practice so PC went to practice and lunch with some of the guys instead, I cleaned the downstairs, finished my seasonal cleaning!!, a little more fall decorating and completed a section of my mosaic while finishing my book…yay me!…the kids came for dinner and a soak in the hot tub, our virtual book club selected its next read, The Girls at 17 Swann Street by Yara Zgheib (come read with us!). 09.28.2019
- Overslept again…truly never happens and this month has happened at least 3 times; didn’t feel like going to the gym so had ice cream instead, even trade, right?, football, laundry, “Stranger Things” at bed time, a bad idea. 09.29.2019
- Enjoyed quiet time outside, and made my first vlog for the blog, steamed clothes, walk, rode bikes to the gym, PC had another flat, what??, dusted and vacuumed upstairs, worrisome news from Lauren about her thyroid and lymph nodes, more tests coming, kind of solemn tonight, delicious thunderstorm and pizza for dinner. 09.30.2019
September was an emotional roller coaster ride. But I am feeling much better this week. I’m a huge fan of schedules and routine and have finally begun to figure out a new routine now that PC is home more. We are adjusting.
Learning to Vlog
My friend Christie at So What? Now What? mentioned an interest in trying her hand at vlogging. Which inspired me to try a brief video log myself. You can check out Christie’s video, here. Hope you will have a listen to mine below. In my little video clip, I decided to explain the meaning behind the name of my blog.
1 Second Everyday 09.2019
How did your September shape up? Are you mourning or rejoicing as we move into this new season? What were your highlights from the last 30 days? Please share in a comment below or link up your Sentence a Day 09.2019 post below.
Off to get something done today. Between my vlogging video and my 1 second everyday video, I have spent too long this morning on getting this post ready! Time to move on!