Linking up with Anne in Residence for Currently 09.2019. Anne’s Currently posts always go live on the first Wednesday of the month. And she is so good to send email reminders to those of us who participate regularly. You might enjoy writing for this series, too. It’s another one of those posts that makes me think!! Before we get started today, you can read my August Currently post, here.
This month we are talking about what we’re currently: consuming, discovering, making, saving, and taking. And in ABC order, here are my responses.
Disclosure: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click a link provided we may receive a very small commission. Thank you for your support!
The prompts for Currently 09.2019 were tough for me. Maybe because we are kind of sleep walking right now. Fall is my favorite season but it is also the time of year that my Lyme disease flares back up. I become foggy-headed, start having trouble with my vision, and generally feel like I have the body aches that come with a mild case of the flu. Our lives are kind of upside down right now, too, with PC’s job situation a question mark. He is home between 2-3 days a week, and when he does go into Ft. Bliss, he’s usually home shortly after lunch.
Hoping we can find a new sense of normal soon.
books, maybe? Certainly not by anyone else’s standards, though. I’ve seen all you gals with the tall stacks of books you consume in a month. But I feel like quite the glutton in a month where I’ve read 2-3 books. Just finished The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren – really funny, Wishtree by Katherine Applegate – thoughtful children’s book and When All is Said by Anne Griffin – poignant family story.
Have started 2 new books, Whisper Me This by Kerry Anne King (only $1.99 on Kindle) and our latest book club choice, Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane. I need to do a Title Talk post, huh?
Would love to invite you to join our virtual book club. It has been such a wonderful thing for me. And we are up over 60 members, with 3 new gals this week!! If you are interested, please let me know in a comment below.
that it is time to declutter around here. With all the other feelings I am feeling right now, I am also feeling like everything is kind of closing in on me at home. Too much STUFF. I read the Marie Kondo book several years ago and applied it to my clothes. But it is time to apply it to other areas as well. And to get back into my closet for another discriminating look at my summer clothes that went unworn and unloved this year.
a nature scavenger hunt. This is one of the activities on my summer bucket list. One that I haven’t yet accomplished. But this weekend I made a nature scavenger hunt checklist and have plans to start the hunt this weekend.
my fall clothing purchases for after the release of the Get Your Pretty On fall 2019 capsule wardrobe challenge shopping list. Don’t you know grandmas/mimis/gabbas/minnies can be fashionistas, too? And what better way to do a little something for YOU. Refresh your existing fall wardrobe while learning to style the latest trends.
Registration opens on 09.06.2019. TOMORROW. I can’t wait!! Won’t you join me?
summer decor down and putting fall up. Haven’t gotten very far on the putting up fall part, but the summer decor is all over the guest bedroom waiting to be boxed up. Not nearly as fun packing it away as it is getting the stuff out!!
SUMMER GOALS UPDATE
Wee bit of progress here but nothing to write home about.
- Reach and maintain my Weight Watchers lifetime goal weight. ✅ I’m hovering around 138. Not strictly tracking my WW points but still watching what I eat and monitoring my weight. Concentrating on toning now.
- Do Wishtree book study. ✅ Finished this book last week. It was a quick, delightful read. Grab your favorite youngster and read this book together.
- Write 2 new TpT library lessons. Nope. Have written one new lesson for our Teachers Pay Teachers store this summer but need to get after that second one. I think it will be about children’s book awards.
- Train for a triathlon. ❌ Ok, my hopes of participating in a triathlon were short-lived. Didn’t realize that the swimming would be on the same day as the run and bike ride. Misunderstood something in the information on the Eagle in the Sun website. Had hoped to at least work up to biking, running and swimming requirements but haven’t done that either.
- Finish spring cleaning. Not finished but back to work on it. Kind of got stuck in the kitchen and can’t seem to get out of there. Not that it was that dirty!! But there were several things I wanted to do in the kitchen.
- Continue finding 30 minutes of ✌ peace everyday. Had done well on this until I went to Ft. Worth. Then started watching Cia which delayed my quiet time every day. And then we went to KY-OH-TN-KY. Getting back on track now, though.
- FINISH. Eh, kinda. Have finished a lot of books. That counts, right? Going to finish the spring cleaning and before fall arrives!! Have to get after my art projects. Just need to FINISH, for Pete’s sake, finish.
Still plenty of work to do to realize these goals. Need to kick things into turbo!
What are your responses to the Currently, 09.2019 prompts? Play along by sharing in a comment below. And please consider joining me for the fall 2019 capsule wardrobe challenge. Register here. Come play dress up with me!
PC is already up in bed. Need to publish this post and get up there myself. Enjoy your day, friends. Thank you for spending a bit of it here with me.
Hugs and kisses,