Happy 4th of July, ladybugs!
Linking up with Anne in Residence for Currently, 07.2019. Anne’s Currently posts always go live on the first Wednesday of the month. And she is so good to send email reminders to those of us who participate regularly. You might enjoy writing for this series, too. Before we get started today, you can read my June Currently post, here.
This month we are talking about what we’re currently: enjoying, finding, reading, saving and tasting.
Also Thinking Out Loud about my summer goals and linking up with Penny at Penny’s Passion for that series. I am tossing around the idea of a triathlon as if it is a cake walk. Beginning to think that participating in a triathlon may be too grand a goal but training for one isn’t.
Pretty sure I say it every month, but this series and my photography challenges both push me to think outside the box. And my own Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone series inspires me to stretch myself beyond what I am comfortable doing. Good stuff.
Here’s my currently, 07.2019…
Blowing bubbles. Used my Simply Earth essential oil recipe box to mix up some super duper bubble blowing solution. Not only were the bubbles sturdy but they smelled good, thanks to a few drops of essential oil to the soap mixture. Hope Lucia won’t mind that I borrowed her “Frozen” bubble wand!
These chandelier earrings! Have had them for years. Brennyn bought them for me when my original piercings had stretched so much that I was having to go back to clip on – OUCH – earrings. They were one of my first pairs of statement earrings. Is that even a thing? I was looking for earrings to match a statement necklace – that’s a thing, right? – and came across these chandelier earrings instead. They are perfect with my new Fashom kimono.
So proud of myself because I have really upped my reading game. Right now, I am reading Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid with my ears (via Audible). And reading The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary with my eyes. Just received a print copy Wishtree by one of my all-time fav children’s authors, Katherine Applegate. Waiting to start it once I have finished one of the others.
Hoping to maybe persuade my virtual book club to consider reading an adult version of Wishtree with me. You are invited to join us! The book club has really been a surprise to me. Never dreamed we would stay together and read together for a year. Up to almost 60 members!! And we will be selecting a new book after the long weekend. Email me if you would like to join us.
What’s that? Got nothing for this one. I am the world’s worst ‘saver’. Does saving $20 a month count? Or saving my Weight Watchers activity points so that I can have a treat on Saturdays? Also saving those box tops on a lot of the packaged foods for my sister’s library in Spring, Texas. Saving my new box of Madison Reed hair color until I give up on the notion of going natural and decide to color my hair.
Blueberry fluff. Weight Watchers friendly, at that. Serves 6 – 2 WW points per serving. I have pinned it, here but the recipe originated with KimSpiredDIY. It is absolutely scrumptious. A lot like eating ice cream without the guilt. Here’s the recipe. I added strawberries and a dollop of spray can whipped cream to make my dessert more patriotic for the 4th.
Weight Watchers Blueberry Fluff
- 4 cups frozen blueberries, partially thawed
- ½ cup water
- 16 ounces fat free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (and strawberries)
- Spray whipping cream in can
- Blend frozen blueberries and water until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl and mix in whipped topping until smooth.
- Mix in ¾ of the fresh blueberries into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bread pan (line the pan with foil in order to be able to lift the dessert out of the pan).
- Sprinkle remaining fresh blueberries (and strawberries) over the top of the mixture.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight before removing from pan or slicing dessert in the pan.
- Spray with dollop of whipped cream and garnish with blueberries (and strawberries).
Really delicious! And once frozen, it slices like bread!! And check out my darling patriotic couple (salt and pepper shakers) from the sweet folks at Flag and Banner. I put them beside my dessert to stand guard in case PC tried to sneak a bite from my plate!
2019 Spring Goals
I did so well on my spring goals, girls!! Patting myself on the back with both hands. Ran a 5K, have been hitting the gym and weight training at least 4X a week, finished the spring cleaning upstairs, and discovered peace in little things during my days.
2019 Summer Goals
Did so well for spring that I created a rather ambitious list of summer goals.
- Reach and maintain my Weight Watchers lifetime goal weight. When we joined WW in 2010, my goal weight was 138 lbs. I reached it within a few months but before long, old habits had my weight creeping back up. We started WW officially again on 05.19.2019 and I am hovering around 139-140 right now. Should be able to get down to my lifetime goal in a week or two. But the catch comes in maintaining it!!
- Do Wishtree book study. Maybe with my book club gals? Wishtree by Katherine Applegate is a children’s book but it has an adult companion book. Would like to read both. Anyone want to join me?
- Write 2 new TpT library lessons. Our store, Library Lovin’ Sisters, is having a holiday sale-bration right now and my sister and I have created a couple of new lessons for the occasion. Would like to go through my old library lesson plans and develop a few more lessons for our store.
- Train for a triathlon. I am beginning to believe I am not going to be up to trying a triathlon in September. But maybe in April. Or maybe not. But I can train, either way, yeah?
- Finish spring cleaning. The upstairs is done, and have begun downstairs. Now to finish.
- Continue finding 30 minutes of ✌ everyday. Quiet time poolside, coloring, scrapbooking, walks, bike rides, taking photographs of the beauty around me.
- FINISH. My devotional I have been trying to finish, finish my story I have been writing on for years, finish my mosaic I have been working on since I retired. Just FINISH, for Pete’s sake, finish.
How would you respond to the prompts for this edition of Currently, 07.2019? Hope you will share in a comment below. Then be sure to visit Anne for her responses. What’s on your goals blackboard for summer?
Going to put on my bathing suit and head out to the pool. Grab a good book and come join me! I have sodas and beer in the frig and will be putting ribs on the grill for dinner. Happy 4th of July to you!
Hugs and kisses,