Sweet fall-owers and readers, thank you for joining me for my autumn 2020 bucket list: update 11.2020!! And I actually have some progress to report. With the Thanksgiving holiday just around the corner, our news has reported that perhaps we are beginning to plateau in our number of Covid cases [source]. Oh, that would truly be something for which to be grateful. Before we jump into this progress report, you can check out my update from last month, here.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Now let’s get on with the show…
MY AUTUMN 2020 BUCKET LIST
I’ve explained before that I like to divide my bucket lists into categories. Doing so helps me to plan activities that focus on all aspects of my life. I could easily create a bucket list made up of just fun things to do. But it helps me to be more well-rounded if my lists include something for my body, mind and soul, too.
- Run 6 miles a week, start workouts from home (home gym?), go on at least one hike – my parathyroid surgery has interfered in achieving this goal. Not that I was setting any records before the surgery, though. With your approval, I am going to revise this activity to better match my wellness goal of walking 7200 steps and climbing 3 floors. Was given the clearance to begin exercising but not sure how quickly I will get back to running. ⚠️
- Charcuterie board – finally ordered my board and it will be here this weekend. Hope to use it over Thanksgiving. And I have a new Pinterest board full of ideas to help me plan my first dip into charcuterie. Plus my sweet friend Casey at Sparkle and Shine put together some great suggestions for making quick, kid-friendly charcuterie boards. Check out her suggestions, here. So, I can’t give myself a checkmark here yet, but soon. ⚠️
- Green chile recipes – in lieu of a trip to the chile captiol of the world, Hatch, New Mexico, I created a Pinterest board with different green chile dishes. Then bought some roasted green chiles locally and started cooking. Cheesy white chicken chili and Hatch chile chocolate chip cookies. Both were delish, thank you very much!! Still have some chiles left so hoping to try some more recipes in the next month. ✔️
- Fall decorating and crafts – the house is decorated and we enjoyed the world’s fastest and dustiest trip don’t to the pumpkin patch 3 weeks ago. But I haven’t created a single seasonal craft. Why I haven’t even decided what I will make. So no mucho progresso here!! ⚠️
- “God Made Girl” online painting workshop – came across this on Facebook. Painted my God Made Girl angel. Around her wings I wrote “Some angels have crooked wings,” because I cut one of the book-page wings with the writing at an angle. Discovered The Maker Beehive’s Winter Wonderland Workshop also advertised on Facebook and signed up to make 2 mixed media winter scenes. Just getting started on my first one. ✔️
- Finish mosaic table top – this has been a work in progress…with very little progress being done. I moved it to the dining room table where Purrsimmony now sleeps on it in the afternoons. Will have to put it aside in order for us to use the table for its truer purpose on Thanksgiving. Then maybe I can get after this project. ⚠️
- Learn more about enneagrams – this stuff is so interesting to me. Listening to podcasts hosted by Jen Hatmaker, . You can check those podcasts out, here. So, while I have begun learning more, there’s so much more I want to know. Purchased this easy explanation of the enneagram and have this title in my cart for payday. The second title comes with a study guide, too!! I am going to need more time in my mornings for all of these activities. I am either a 1 with a 2 wing or a 2 with a 1 wing. What are YOU? ✔️
- Duolingo or Mango Spanish language study 3x a week – my friend Deb mentioned that she has a 200+ day learning streak on Duolingo and that inspired me to get with la programa. Can’t even seem to reach a week-long streak but I am doing this most every night. Sooooo….bam… ✔️
- Host fall photo challenge – teaming up with my friends Deb at Deb’s World and Jennifer at Trading Ashes for Beauty to host the #25DaysofGratitude autumn photo challenge. As this post goes live, we have 4 days left of our challenge. Afraid just as our photo challenge kicked off, so did Instagram’s decision to hide all recent posts from all hashtags “to help prevent the spread of possible false information and harmful content related to the election.” So it was very hard to keep up with who might have been participating. I will share a compilation of all of my photos here on 11.30.2020. But you can see a few of my first photos, here. ✔️
- Wishing tree – After reading Wishtree, a children’s book by Katherine Applegate, I decided someday I would start a wish tree. And this fall was the time. Seems we could all use a few answered prayers and granted wishes. Used the supplies below to make a banner announcing ‘wish tree’ which I hung from a smallish tree in our neighborhood park. Also hung a bucket full of yarn, 2 pairs of scissors and some hand sanitizer…but of course. My neighbors have tied lots of wishes to this tree’s branches. Hoping, praying our wishes come true. ✔️
- Bible journal 1x a week – my blogging friend Amy at Amy’s Creative Pursuits inspires me so with her lovely Bible journaling. However, I’ve made no progress toward this. Just struggling to do my quiet time and devotional at all right now. ⚠️
- Painting rocks to share – have joined a local rock painting group on Facebook, El Paso Rocks! Was hoping to paint rocks with Cadence but had to cancel my visit to Ft. Worth in order to bump up my parathyroid surgery. Was afraid elective surgeries would be postponed with all the Covid. Have some rocks picked out and some designs I want to try. Now to do it!! ⚠️
- Best white tee – these are ironed and still hanging in the guest room closet where I promptly forgot them!! Maybe while my sister is here I can get a couple of fashion posts together. ⚠️
- Graphic tees – I am embracing this fashion trend with wide open arms and want to figure out ways to style my graphic tees for fall. Ordered a couple of cute Christmas graphic tees from Etsy for my sister and me. We will style them and take some pics.⚠️
- Fall trends – want to share several of my favorite looks from the Get Your Pretty On fall capsule wardrobe. And I am so excited!! The winter capsule wardrobe formulas will be opening on 11.27.2020. Mark your calendars and look for my affiliate registration link coming soon. ⚠️
Looking over this update 11.2020, I have only completed 6 of my 15 autumn activities. That means I still have much to enjoy in the next month. What does your autumn bucket list update 11.2020 look like? Are there lots of green check marks beside your activities? Or is it more jaundiced, like mine?
Wait, what? You haven’t created an autumn bucket list yet? Well, let me invite you – encourage you – to do so. Even just a mini-list. It will keep you growing and moving forward in spite of Covid!!
Please link up your autumn 2020 bucket list update 11.2020 with me. Or leave a comment on your progress below. Let’s cheer each other on!!
Thank you for the visit. Wishing you are healthy, restful weekend.
Hugs and kisses,