Wellness pals, already the third Sunday of the month meaning it’s time for Wellness Weekend 11.2020. Updating my wellness goals and talking about our optional theme, peace. Hope you will link up your wellness update and stop by to cheer on some of the others joining in on this journey toward improved health. Pretty sure in this crazy year of Covid we can all get on board with that!!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Life at the U.S. Covid Epicenter
Where early this fall I was doing a mini-celebration because life in El Paso was slowly returning to normal, this month are up to our collective eyeballs with Covid fatigue. Take a look at these statistics from 11.13, Friday.
- Today’s positivity rate was 20.50%
- 53% of all hospitalizations are COVID patients. (+3.00%)
- This is the 29th consecutive day over 500 new cases a day
We shut everything down for a week only to have the mayor open everything back up again. No one knows if things are open or closed!! I need a hair cut. Going to see if I can find someone with scissors who can help me out.
With all of that being said, I am going to just give an overall update on my goals. Again this month, it has been very difficult for me to concentrate on improving my physical, mental or emotional health lately when all I want to do is hide under the covers. And then there’s the matter of my parathyroidectomy last week that has further slowed me down.
WELLNESS WEEKEND 11.2020 GOALS UPDATE
PHYSICAL HEALTH – 4.0 (HOLDING STEADY)
- Stretch and work out 4x a week, Weight Watchers to maintain weight – back on WW, hope to lose 5 pounds before Thanksgiving, unable to work out until I get the okay from my doctor. Until then, we are using Leslie Sansone walking videos to motivate us. Check them out, here.
- Get 7200 steps and 3 floors a day – concentrating on getting more steps since I can’t exercise
- Walk in nature for 30 minutes a day, 5x a week – enjoying my walks while listening to books and podcasts
NUTRITIONAL HEALTH – 5.0 (HOLDING STEADY)
- Cook meals at home 4x a week – restaurants are closed except for carry out so I am continuing to cook and splurge a couple times a month on HelloFresh meals
- Eat 1 fruit and 1 veggie every day – continuing to drink our smoothies
- Indulge in alcohol and sweets on weekends – still doing pretty well on this
SPIRITUAL HEALTH – 3.5 (down .5)
- Develop a morning routine M-F – not possible because nothing is routine
- Enjoy quiet time M-F (devotional, writing, reading, moment of silence and prayer) – completed “40 Days Through the Bible,” but now in between devotionals. Waiting to receive my friend Mary’s latest workbook from Amazon, Finding Your Path to Faith, Hope & Healing: A Workbook to Enrich Your Journey.
- Use aroma therapy during my morning routine – nope
MENTAL HEALTH – 4.0 (HOLDING STEADY)
- Get dressed every day (not active wear), wear a dress or skirt to church – still no church. Haven’t had on a dress or skirt in months. Boo hoo!
- Weekly artistic activity; word games, journal – we are mid-way through #25daysofgratitude, the autumn photo challenge I am doing with my friends Deb and Jennifer. I am sharing my daily photo on Instagram but will put together a compilation of photos in a post on the blog, 11.30. Feel free to grab these graphics for your post and jump in here with me!! Deb recently mentioned her streak of 200+ days on Duolingo. I was so impressed and have started doing a little bit of Spanish each night myself.
- Read 3 books a month in order to meet my Goodreads goal (are we friends on Goodreads yet?) – finished The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel with my book club. And we began Nine Women, One Dress by Jane L. Rosen for our November book. Many of the girls sped right through it!! Picked up and enjoyed The Love Story of Missy Carmichael by Beth Morrey. Still SLOWLY reading An American Marriage by Tayari Jones from our public library. Actually, listening to it in the car on CD but since I haven’t gone anywhere in weeks, I haven’t listened either. If you are looking for a great online book club, holler! I’ve got just the one for you.
RELATIONSHIP HEALTH – 4.0 (HOLDING STEADY)
- Unplug at 8:30 pm, implement evening routine – have been doing very well at this because I have not been in the right frame of mind to blog or do much of anything else. Except Duolingo which I do before bed.
- Date night with PC 2x a month (bucket list activities) – autumn bucket list update coming later this week
- Me time, develop friendships, take a class or do something for myself – enter Jennifer Chamberlain and her online winter wonderland painting class. So much fun!!
PREVENTATIVE HEALTH MAINTENANCE – 2.0 (down .5)
- Improved skin care, routine facials – nope…well, I am washing my face at least.
- Weekly dry brushing – nope
- Regular manicures – and nope
FINANCIAL HEALTH – 3.0 (HOLDING STEADY)
- Continue saving each month
- Save for birthdays and Christmas
- Keep spending under control
Before I bid you adios, let’s take a quick look at our optional prompt for the month…
I wish I had something profound to share here but I don’t. We are hanging in and hanging on, hoping that somehow the new year will bring peace to our country. Peace and restored health. In the meantime, we are watching very little national news and just enough local news to know what restrictions are in place, and what our Covid case numbers are.
How are you doing? Has this second wave of Covid hit your community with a vengeance, too? How are you staying mentally and physically and emotionally well?
If you have a wellness related post, please link it up with us so we can cheer you on.
Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy a restful Sunday.
Hugs and kisses,