Sugar plums, it’s time for Thankful Thursday 09.16.2021. Joining Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand and Jennifer at All 4 Boys in sharing the hosting responsibilities for the Thankful Thursday series. Some weeks, you might discover posts from all 3 of us, other Thursdays, it might just be one of us hosting. But whatever the case, YOU are always welcome to join us!!
THANKFUL THURSDAY 09.16.2021
Have had another pretty good week over here. How ’bout you? September has been a gentler month for my family. I am so thankful. Mom gave us a scare when she began crying most of 2 days. We immediately suspected another UTI. In the elderly, UTIs can cause changes in their mental facilities. “Medical News Today” explains in this article that UTIs can be responsible for:
- social withdrawal
And Mom had all of these. But her urine test came back negative. So now we don’t know what is going on. But she has been some better in the last couple of days.
COMING TO YOU Straight FROM MY GRATITUDE JOURNAL
For my Thankful Thursday posts, I usually share the ‘gratefuls’ I’ve listed in my gratitude journal over the week or month, whatever length of time has elapsed since my last Thankful Thursday post. It’s been a couple of weeks since my last Thankful Thursday post, here. Here are some of the things I’ve been grateful for since.
- Traveling mercies for Matt in coming to visit us and returning home to NY
- Clean house with spring cleaning finally finished
- Neat yard after having the bushes trimmed and the lawn edged
- Mom sounded great (before the suspected UTI)
- Brennyn resuscitated a newborn baby at work
- Photographing different things downtown
- Swimming and pool time
- My Cami wanted to call Gabba and Campa
- Cami’s Covid tests came back negative (she had classic symptoms but turns out it was an upper respiratory infection)
- My Daddy’s birthday – glad he was born, hope there was a heavenly celebration with angel food cake
- Kevin visited in Mom in person after the Code Red at her apartment complex was lifted
- Medical and dental technology
- Kevin was able to get to Mom and calm her down
- Cami’s excitement at seeing me
- PC asking if I need to go to KY to be with Mom
- No terror attacks on 9-11
- Cami finally went back to school (daycare) after being absent for a week
And there’s more
- Snuggles from my girls
- Ooodles of yellow butterflies everywhere
- For friends like Deb in Great Britain and Sharon in OK who check on me when I got silent
- Sharing Pinterest boards with Cady
- Beautiful weather
- Legs that can still run on the treadmill…or run period
- Quiet afternoon
- Time for Paul and Matt to be together
- Journaling using Maria’s prompts at Krafty Planner
- Airfare credit to use to visit Brennyn, Mustafa and Cady and to attend their baby shower in November
- Cooler morning temps
Yup, it’s been a good couple of weeks.
As I shared last Thankful Thursday post, a refugee settlement has been created on the outskirts of El Paso on a firing range for the U.S. Army. The city is collecting items to help the refugees. The Armed Services YMCA here in town has created an Amazon wish list for the refugees here at Ft. Bliss. If you would like to help, please click here for the list. Thank you for your consideration.
I have been having some pain in my neck a little higher and lower than the location of my prior cervical spine surgeries. Had some MRIs and X-rays done a week ago and the results indicate I have 2 herniated discs and some other issues. Will be going to the neurosurgeon in October to find out my options. So thankful for the medical imaging and the medical professionals who have been taxed beyond belief in the past year and a half.
What would top your list of things your are most grateful for this week? Is the weather making you smile? Have you made some fun fall plans? Next week, I will be sharing my autumn bucket list or fall fun list on 09.21.2021. And having a final look at my summer bucket list. Would love to have you join me.
If you have a thankful Thursday post to share, won’t you link it up below? Then be sure to stop by to say hi to some of the others linking up with us.
Thanks for popping by. I am thankful FOR YOU!!
Hugs and kisses,