Sugar plums, it’s time for Thankful Thursday 09.02.2021. Joining Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Handand Jennifer at All 4 Boys in sharing the hosting responsibilities for the Thankful Thursday series. Some weeks, you might discover posts from all 3 of us, other Thursdays, it might just be one of us hosting. But whatever the case, YOU are always welcome to join us!!
THANKFUL THURSDAY 09.02.2021
Have had a pretty good week over here. And I am thankful for that. How ’bout you? How have these first days of September treated you? Let’s see what else I am thankful for.
Coming to you from MY GRATITUDE JOURNAL
For my Thankful Thursday posts, I usually share the ‘gratefuls’ I’ve listed in my gratitude journal over the week or month, whatever length of time has elapsed since my last Thankful Thursday post. But this week there are bigger, global and historic things I am grateful for, too. Things that might not have made mention in my journal but for which I am very thankful all the same. And what a week it has been.
First, The Other Thankfuls
Thankful for things like:
- VJ day, which is today. Of course, I am not glad for all of the deaths and devastation during World War II, but thankful we won. That Nazi Germany was defeated. From NationalToday.com, “World War II was the deadliest conflict in human history, involving over two dozen countries, and the casualty totals remain mind-boggling: upwards of 80 million people killed in violent action. The end of hostilities meant that war-torn peoples and nations could exhale a collective sigh of relief.”
- No one was hurt by an individual walking around with a rifle in the desert near our neighborhood today. A low flying police helicopter searched for and located the man while nearby schools were put on lock down. He was questioned and found not to be a threat. Thankful for that.
- Grateful that the levee system around New Orleans that was such a failure during Katrina, managed to hold back the water during Hurricane Ida.
And Now Gratefuls from My Journal to You
Also thankful for these items that hit closer to home:
- My new gratitude journal. Really like the format. Each week has a gratitude-based theme…this week’s being ‘thank you is the best prayer.” For each day of the week, users are asked to identify 3 things they are thankful for. Looking for a new gratitude journal? You might like this one, too. Gratitude Journal for Women, 52 Weeks. And check out that price!!
- My childhood friend Nancy battled and beat double pneumonia and Covid. She is home from the hospital this week.
- Mom wasn’t in direct contact with the Covid patient at Cedarhurst where she lives.
- Time with Paul.
- Having good TV to watch: “Ted Lasso,” “Mr. Corman,” “The Morning Show.”
- Decorating the girls’ playhouse for Halloween and having fun with them.
- Scrapbooking with Val.
- Kevin took Mom out to eat.
- Swimming in our pool.
- Feeling more upbeat.
- Several overall great days.
- Money to pay our bills and buy groceries.
- Finding a sense of accomplishment.
- Bedtime rain storm.
- Code Red was lifted at Mom’s apartment complex and Kevin was able to visit.
- All the great gals in my online book club who have rekindled my love of reading.
- Doodling in my 365 Days of Creativity journal. Thankful to Juhli at A Boomer Girl’s Guide for mentioning the book on her blog. It provides a quick creative activity for each day of the year. I’ve only done a couple of them so far and probably won’t do it daily, but I am enjoying this book so much.
This was an exhausting week. Watching the situation in Afghanistan unfold. Mourning the loss of the 13 soldiers, sailors and Marines in Kabul. Worrying about people who were trying to leave Afghanistan and those who were left behind. A refugee settlement has been created on the outskirts of El Paso on a firing range for the U.S. Army. The city is collecting items to help the refugees. The Armed Services YMCA here in town has created an Amazon wish list for the refugees here at Ft. Bliss. If you would like to help, please click here for the list. Thank you for your consideration.
What would top your list of things your are most grateful for this week? Did all the news this week leave you exhausted? I am just thankful that we are at the week’s end and can look forward to brighter days next week.
If you have a thankful Thursday post to share, won’t you link it up below? Then be sure to stop by to say hi to some of the others linking up with us.
Enjoy your weekend. Thank you for spending a bit of your day with me.
Hugs and kisses,