Welcome chums to Sentence a Day 09.2021 – my monthly review of life in one run-on sentence a day. September was a pretty darn good month. And so far, October has been as good or better. Feeling optimistic for fall and the last months of the year.
As always, want to give a big thanks to Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up with us below.
Sentence a Day 09.2021
In this month’s post, you will find a number of links. Links to recipes, clothes I purchased during the month, even books I am reading. The links are always italicized to make them easier to identify. Always appreciate any clicks on the links or any purchases you might make using one of my links. Thank you!!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Happy Kick Off to September
- Yay for a shiny new month…3 weeks til fall!! Over the mountain early this morning to help with my babies, so glad to see them but worried about my Lucia who is not eating much at all, and nothing before school each morning; stopped at Walmart for a few things, Valley Market for treats for Matt’s visit, picked up books at the library, cleaned the kitchen and den, planted a black eyed Susan that reminds me of the nickname my dad had for me – his blue eyed Susan; made spaghetti for dinner, watched the Reds game before bed. 09.01.2021
- Back over to help with the babies again today, Cia ate some fruit snacks in the car on the way to school, just a few but something; Cami snuggled me, ran to Target for kitty food, saw Ernie the goat on the way home, reclining on a rock beside a little dribble of water coming down the mountain side – he always makes me smile; more spring cleaning, put the kitchen chairs out on the pool deck and scrubbed the upholstery on them, then fastened a pillow case around the chair Simmony prefers to recline on to try to keep the fur off the cushion; Lauren took Cia to the doctor and they are doing blood work for her tummy troubles. 09.02.2021
- The spring-summer cleaning is officially finished; fall 2021 capsule wardrobe registration is open, click here to register with my affiliate link; I enjoy checking Alison’s trending pieces and outfit formulas, ordered this lilac cardigan and this houndstooth vest from Target and ‘graham cracker’ colored denim and ‘spice girl’ pants from Old Navy, did a quick touch up on the house, baked cookies, worked on my scrapbook page, made a pot of crack chicken noodle soup, picked Matt up at the airport at 7:30, he ate some soup and we watched some TV before calling it a day. 09.03.2021
- Slept in a bit for us, did a workout before breakfast, Matt took PC’s Mustang to check out his old hauntings, he came back a little down in the dumps, but when we had lunch and got in the pool he seemed to snap out of it, he told us he quit his job which is worrisome; had dinner at Casita Linda’s then went to Southwest University Park for a Chihuahua’s game. 09.04.2021
- Over the mountain for church, great service about managing your emotions (managing MY emotions…really spoke to me about how I have been feeling lately), walked around the outlet, lunch at Taco Tote, home to watch baseball then downtown to watch more baseball – another Chihuahuas game. 09.05.2021
Long Weekend, Short Week
- Happy Labor Day…labored not today, slept in a little, the boys hit baseballs in the garage, I scrapbooked with my sister and worked on my third altered house, watched “Free Guy” at the theater, swam and grilled hamburgers and brats for dinner, “Longmire” on TV before bed. 09.06.2021
- Happy birthday, Daddy!! Hope there was angel food cake for your heavenly birthday. Busy day…took several walks to get my steps, Paul took Matt to get a replacement phone then to the airport, PC had a doctor and dentist appointment; did laundry then went for my x-rays and MRIs of my neck and lower back – fell asleep in the MRI machine with all that banging and knocking, picked up KFC for dinner, Reds baseball game and blogging before bed. 09.07.2021
- Stressful day…up early for weight training and a walk, put up laundry, called Mom but she didn’t know who I was and over the mountain to help with Cami who is home sick, Francisco had to go to the hospital to accept a physician of the month award and Lauren was working, she was adorable but felt so bad, took her on a walk, had lunch together, gave her a bath and then she took a nap; I came home, took a nap, ironed, then got a call from Kevin saying Mom was really bad, not making any sense, unable to tell time, he had to go over and finally got her settled down. She is so tired of life; I think it is time for us to let her know it is okay if she wants to rest. And be with Daddy. 09.08.2021
- Paul was up most of the night with a stomachache so I was up most of the night with his stomachache. Arranged for a UTI test with Mom’s doctor first thing this morning, called Mom while walking and she sounded some better, but said she was lonely to talk to her mom, who died in 1970, so sad; vacuumed the downstairs, cleaned the bathroom, kitchen, mopped, ironed, worked on my 365 days of creativity, my altered house, made homemade pizzas for dinner and watched the first NFL game of the season. Thankful for all the prayers for mom. 09.09.2021
- Upper body strength training and a 1.3 mile run on the treadmill, picked up zucchini to make bread next week, it has been mentioned in our book of the month Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe so often that all of us are hungry for it, also want to make a blackbird pie; so much for Weight Watchers, kids came over to swim and eat dinner, fixed ribs in the Instapot, potatoes au gratin, baked beans, and a cake; Cia swam the length of the pool several times, Cam jumped into the pool over and over and over; Mom sounded a little better. 09.10.2021
- Never Forget. Put the flag at half mast first thing, Mom started on the UTI meds, is still saying nonsensical things and very upset; talked to her while walking at the lake before PC’s ball game, Yankees had a hard loss, took Matt to Golden Corral for lunch where I sampled a little of a lot, home to read blogs while the boys talked in the pool, snacky supper, “Longmire” before bed. 09.11.2021
- Paul took Matt to the airport at 5 am so we were both up early, then back to bed when he returned home and overslept for church, ran to Target for kitty food, Taco Tote for brunchy-lunch, walked the outlet mall where PC bought 2 pairs of pants, a shirt and shoes and I bought this Lucky Brand jumpsuit at 40% discount, reminds me of the coveralls I wore of Daniel’s (the girls’ dad) back in Panama, with a pink metallic belt and heels; scrapbooked with Valerie, watched football, made this bean soup but added smoked turkey sausage to it, long walk to get my steps so I could complete my StepBet challenge. 09.12.2021
Fall Weather Arrives
- Love my Mondays at home…neither of us slept very well, so we snoozed our alarm opting to exercise tonight instead of this morning; did lots of laundry, enjoyed a long walk in the cooler morning weather, did my quiet time, journaling and creative art, ironed, made HelloFresh burgers and potato wedges, bedtime walk with PC, “Longmire” before bed. 09.13.2021
- PC had an appointment for blood work so we slept in a little, put clothes away, went on a long walk while talking to Brennyn on the phone, ran to Dollar Tree for cards, Rack Room for navy shoes, scrapbooked more of Cady’s ballet days with my sister who had a day off from school because of the tropical storm in Houston; ironed…all caught up!!; ran 1.1 miles, PC cooked – Taco Bell, Mom fell tonight, we are worried about her, lots of “Longmire” tonight. 09.14.2021
- Over the mountain at dawn to help with the babes so Lauren could have a colonoscopy; whew, wore me out!!, had to get Cia ready, take her to school, park a block away, push Cam in the stroller and walk Cia onto the playground, then back to the car, back to the house to get Cami ready and over to daycare…hard-working Gabba; picked up my neck and back imaging reports and I have herniated discs in both, along with other issues; played dress up with my new garnet dress from Amazon, wrote a blog post, leftover soup for supper…I NEED TO COOK, attended an online focus group for my credit union, PC’s mom had a kind of date tonight!! 09.15.2021
- Quiet day at home, dumbbell workout early with PC, morning walk in the desert, picked up around the house, vacuumed and mopped, ran on the treadmill 15 minutes, made shrimp egg rolls and a Korean-Style BBQ Beef Meal Starter Kit from Target – really good; football on TV after dinner. 09.16.2021
Fri-YAY, Satur-YAY, Sun-YAY
- Fri-YAY!! Another quiet day, watched a lot of the news on the Haitians immigrants in Del Rio and the missing young woman Gabby Petitio; worked on my 3rd altered house, walked in the desert, my right eye is swelling, PC was home early, Wendy’s for dinner before heading across the mountain to babysit for Cia and Cami, took them to the park, did a craft project with Cia, baths, snack and got Cam to bed when the kids came home. 09.17.2021
- Slept late, coffee cake for breakfast, scrapbooked with Valerie and finished my last altered house, walked up McKelligon Canyon for the first in a long time, so much damage to the road and terrain from the monsoons; Brown Bag deli for late lunch, caught up on all of our shows – “Ted Lasso,” “Mr. Corman,” “The Morning Show” and an episode of “Longmire” that has me dreaming crazy things. 09.18.2021
- Another good church service about managing your emotions, ran to Old Navy to pick up my boyfriend jeans, walked the Sunland Park Mall, which I once thought was the most amazing place to shop, and is now like a ghost town; brunch at Mamacita’s downtown – quaint, pretty, fun waitress, shared delicious churro waffles and salmon and grilled cheese sandwich, took a little nap, Kevin called to say Mom was very upset and struggling, tried to call but she didn’t want to talk; so worrisome, ordered pizza for dinner, too greasy and heavy, football after dinner. 09.19.2021
- Yay us…up early for a dumbbell workout and short walk, laundry day, did some Bible journaling, listened to my book while ironing, talked to Mom twice, she is struggling so, Cami called to say “Hi, Gabba, hi, Gabba, hi, Gabba!!”, fixed a delicious HelloFresh pecan crusted chicken (if I do say so myself), baseball and seventh inning sit-ups, lots and lots of blog reading. 09.20.21
- Quick arm workout this morning, then over the mountain to help with my babies; got Cia to school – she looked for her friend Santi so she could give him a darling drawing she made for him after he made one for her over the weekend; then got Cam ready for school and dropped her off at Kindercare, we sang the ABC song all the way to there, got a call from Kevin and Mom is thinking she can clean her Depends and re-wear them, he had to go over to make sure Mom changed; ran into Target for kitty food but no one has the Fancy Feast chicken primavera that these 2 picky girls eat; watched the news for the results of Gabby Petito’s death – homicide, ironed all but 4 pieces; Hamburger Helper for dinner, Reds baseball and seventh inning situps. 09.21.2021
- Abs workout early this morning, walk in the desert while talking to Mom, ran to Walmart for batteries, milk and finally Fancy Feast chicken primavera, the kitties will be happy; pulled weeds, did a page in my 365 Days of Creativity, put together this little table to set my quiet time books on in the loft leaving me room to sit on the loveseat; scrubbed the shower real well, sandwiches for supper, ran on the treadmill 1.1 miles and used the rowing machine, watched “Longmire” before bed. 09.22.2021
- Housecleaning day but not until I got my babies off to school, made a gumbo with shrimp and sausage that was darn tasty if I do say so myself, stayed up late watching “Longmire” which is giving us both crazy dreams. 09.23.2021
- Friday…PC had an early dental appointment but we were able to sleep in a little bit, I stayed home, took a walk, called Mom, made a zucchini bread using this recipe and it was divine, PC ate almost half a loaf immediately, his tooth was hurting and my neck was hurting so we climbed in bed for a nap, leftover gumbo for supper, my neck really began hurting so I used the hot pad but it didn’t help much, watched all of our shows before bed, the girls want to come to PC’s ballgame tomorrow. 09.24.2021
Pain in the Neck
- Slept miserably with the pain in my neck, headed for PC’s game but it started sprinkling, and Cami is sick so the girls weren’t coming, I decided I better go to the clinic, first ran by the girls to get some hugs and play for a few, was given an injection of lidocaine into some knots on my neck and shoulder and prescribed a pain killer; lazy afternoon, Panda Express for dinner, neck is less painful. 09.25.2021
- Slept much better, thank You, God; decided to skip church and our usual Sunday routine and just relax at home, took a walk, watched baseball and football, chatted with my sister on Facetime, talked to a very excited Lucia who found 2 four-leaf clovers, steak and salmon for dinner, talked to Mom but she kept telling me about Leslie even though I told her I was Leslie. 09.26.2021
I Love Mondays
- I love my quiet Mondays at home…got my laundry done, and folded, put away; took a walk while talking to mom then stopped in the Valley Market to get ingredients for enchiladas, made them ahead of time for dinner, took a quick 15 minute nap, made my grocery list for tomorrow, quiet time, 365 Days of Creativity activity, Bible journaled, weight workout with PC, walked on treadmill – afraid to run right now with my neck the way it has been hurting; dinner, TV and recipe hunting on Pinterest. 09.27.2021
- The 13th anniversary of our marriage and home blessing. Super busy day and did it all in heels!! – up early for quiet time and a quick weight workout, over the mountain to help with my girls, Cami wouldn’t let me put her down, got them situated for school, picked up a little around their kitchen, off to Target to pick up some clothes for Cady, doctor appointment with my new PCP who thinks the sour taste I have been experiencing is from silent reflux(!); popped into the PX on Ft. Bliss and admired some cute fall dresses; big grocery shopping at the commissary, left over enchiladas for dinner, Cincinnati Reds are out of a wild card bid for the playoffs, finished watched “Longmire” – now what do we watch. 09.28.2021
Early Start to My Days
- Who am I? Up early again for quiet time, a weight workout and walk, cleaned the pool but the wind almost immediately kicked up afterward, boo!!; worked on my entry for today’s 365 Days of Creativity; ironed, made a meatball soup for supper, ran on the treadmill, did the rowing machine, welcomed rain at bedtime…good sleeping.
- Slept in and cuddled for a few minutes before dragging out of bed, it was beautiful outside – cool, clean after the night’s rain, did my quiet time after getting PC off, called to make appointments to have pool builders come out to give us an estimate for our pool and deck repair (so discouraging); took a long walk while talking to Mom, picked up library books and left $1 and a note in each of 2 books I returned, over the mountain to visit with Lauren and take photos of her for a professional head shot for work; picked up Cia and played with her, ate dinner with the girls and Lauren, Paul had baseball practice, home and lazy all evening. 09.30.2021
And here’s my month in 1 second a day.
What were some of the memorable moments you would share for your Sentence a Day 09.2021? Catch me up with life in your corner of the world. If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi! Or leave a comment below letting me know how life is in your world.
Busy this week getting ready for Brennyn and Cady to visit. We have a lot of fun things planned. And Brennyn is excited about getting her fill of delicious El Paso Mexican food. Can’t wait to have my babies home.
Thank you for stopping by today. Have a beautiful first full week of October.
Hugs and kisses,