Gal pals, linking up with Anne in Residence for Currently 06.2020. These posts are always fun, kind of like Sentence a Day and my new 10 on the 10th series. Shameless plug…the theme of the upcoming 10 on the 10th post is 10 things we love about summer. Would love to have you join me for that a week from today, 06.10.2020. Read more here.
For today’s Currently 06.2020 we are posting about what we’re buying, craving, discussing, feeling and wearing.
patio furniture to satisfy one of my spring goals. My goal was to give our patio and backyard a face lift. Our old furniture was a hodge-podge of wicker furniture I had at my little house before we married in 2008 combined with a couple of pieces we bought together for this house. The legs on almost every piece had rusted through and fallen off. So, we had thrown away our furniture one piece at a time til we were down to one chair and a love seat. On Sunday, when we lifted the love seat to move it to make room for the new furniture, one of its legs fell off of it. Perfect timing. Not sure how we were still safely sitting on it!!
I shopped online for over a month trying to find some furniture that was affordable yet substantial enough to withstand our winds and not blow all over the yard. Discovered Better Homes and Gardens Camrose Farmhouse collection at Walmart.com. It was love at first sight. Combination of brown and black, wicker and metal with a rustic but modern look. Still putting the finishing touches on everything. Will share a back yard reveal soon.
a sit-down meal at a restaurant. Maybe Souper Salad? Or sushi? Or Chinese buffet? Actually, even McDonald’s would work…as long as we can dine in! And I don’t have to do the dishes.
and praying about the situation in Minnesota. Thankful that George Floyd’s brother, Terrence, publicly encouraged the people in Minneapolis to “…never forget his brother’s name but also to bring an end to the violence that has racked that city and much of the country in recent days.” [source]
better after taking a few weeks off from blogging and social media to a large degree. Enjoyed using my newfound free time to read more, craft more, and get my spring cleaning done. Glad to be back but going to be more mindful of the hours I spend blogging and surfing Facebook and Instagram (and Amazon!).
a 2 piece bathing suit. It has been years!! No worries…I won’t inflict a photo on you. Just glad to be able to get a little sun on my tummy. And because I actually swim when I am in the pool, my new suit had to be functional and not just cute. Bought this animal print bikini top in shades of brown, black, pink and tan. Paired it with this black A-line swim skirt. Found these mix-n-match separates at Target.
We are really enjoying the pool this year. Especially when we squint so we can’t see all the problems it has.
Spring Goals Update
Since we are transitioning from spring to summer, it is time to review the progress I made on my spring goals. Here’s what I was hoping to accomplish.
And here’s how I did.
- Scrap Cia and Cami births: ✔️ yay, my scrapbooks show that both of my baby girls were indeed born.
- Clean vents and carpets: ✔️ thanks to Southwest Chimney our vents and ducts are clean. And Supreme Clean brought my carpets back to like-new condition.
- Get pool professionally cleaned: ✔️ oh, this pool. The tiles were cleaned and the rust stain was addressed. Then returned. And so it goes.
- Update patio and backyard space: ✔️ have new patio furniture, and indoor-outdoor rugs. Putting it all together and will share soon.
- Attend church online; Easter: ✔️ we haven’t been faithful to online church every weekend. But have tuned in several times and did listen on Easter.
- Recipe swap and blog hop: ✔️ you might remember our spring recipe swap and blog hop, here. I made a coconut cheesecake pie that was so scrumptious. Might be time to make it again!
Looks like that’s a 6 outta 6 on my spring goals. Yay me!! Now let’s see what I have set my sights on for summer.
- Work through the Blogger’s Toolkit course: this is a course I purchased then promptly forgot about. Time to put it to use.
- Make several patriotic crafts: decided to decorate for the 4th the first half of the summer. Need to create a few new patriotic crafts to add to what I already have.
- Have a birthday celebration for all the girls: 3 of my 5 girls are born in July. We almost always have a joint birthday celebration and this year is no exception. Brennyn is already planning to be here. Yay!
- Investigate how to become a notary: Brennyn suggested this activity after paying $100 to a notary for about 10 minutes work.
- Get ahead on my blog writing and reading: After taking a few weeks off from blogging and social media, I am back. Obviously! But I want to get my posts written ahead. And stay on top of my blog reading so it is more enjoyable.
- Create a new blog logo: want something new for the title of my blog at the top of my page. Been playing around with Wix. Has any else ever used it?
How would you respond to these prompts from Anne? What are you buying, craving, discussing, feeling and wearing? Please let me know in a comment.
Stay tuned for the reveal of my summer bucket list on 06.21.2020. Would love to have you create one, too and join me! Not sure why you should bother creating a bucket or seasonal activities list? Check out this post. Number one reason in my book…they are good for YOU!!
Thank you for popping in my friend. Enjoy a restful weekend.
Hugs and kisses,