Welcome, girlsies, to Sentence a Day, 02.2020 – my February in one run-on sentence a day. These posts such a great way to journal your day-to-day life. If you haven’t joined us for this link-up, it’s not too late to start for 03.2020. And if you are interested, let me know in a comment below and I will add you to our email group.
Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand thought up the SaD idea and Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side always keeps us together by sharing the link-up code. Hope you will run by to check out their posts and the posts of some of the others linking up with us.
Sentence a Day 02.2020
The month got off to a rough start but ended with a bang.
Broken-hearted for Mom
- My heart is breaking for my mom; Kevin spent all day trying to find a personal care or memory care facility where we can move mom, PC had baseball practice and I packed away all my winter decorations, then we got dressed up for date night = dinner at a new (to us) restaurant, Geogeske2 and a UTEP basketball game, talked to my mom on our way to dinner and she told me, “I just can’t do it any more, I just can’t do it” and began to cry. Breaks my heart. 02.01.2020
- Sick last night, so wound up moving downstairs to sleep in hopes of keeping PC from getting sick, too; told the kids not to come over for Super Bowl, talked to my mom and then my brother about my mom, not much improvement in her speech, went to the gym, fixed snacks for the big game but didn’t really get into watching much. 02.02.2020
- Early conversation with my mom and then my brother confirm that she is not doing any better, I made an appointment for mom to be seen by her PCP on Thursday, did my online Bible study, put together my grocery list and hit the commissary, washed several loads of laundry, wrote a blog post and organized upcoming posts…check me out; Super Bowl leftovers for dinner, 50 mph wind gusts rattling the windows tonight. 02.03.2020
Influenza A and Tamiflu
- Scrambling this morning to make an appointment for mom to be seen by her retina specialist as she is complaining of being unable to see anything, worked on my Bible study, cooked dinner for us and the kids, delivered the kids’ their dinner and went with Lauren to take Cia to the doctor with a high fever, sore throat that turned out to be Influenza A, Tamiflu prescriptions all around for Cia, Cami and Lauren, I headed directly to my doctor to get Tamiflu, too, laundry, dinner and *S*N*O*W* before bed. 02.04.2020
Waking to a Winter Wonderland
- Woke to a winter wonderland…at least 2-3″ of beautiful, bright snow; took lots of pictures in the backyard, fixed breakfast burritos, baked a pumpkin bread and dinner for us and the kids, cleaned kitchen, vacuumed, mopped, then got word that Kevin had taken mom to the ER and she has had a small stroke, being admitted for more tests, headed over the mountain and helped with my babies til late afternoon, dinner and a special edition of “The Bachelor.” 02.05.2020
- Did not want to get up this morning…it was so cold beyond the warmth of my bed; did my quiet time under the covers, did a few things around the house then headed to the Dollar Tree to get Lucia a couple of ‘get well’ balloons and dollar toys to occupy her while she is sick, played with Cia while bouncing and feeding Cami, who loved the balloons I brought, Lauren had a cat nap, ironed and ordered pizza when I got home, pretty worthless today. 02.06.2020
- Quiet time under the covers again, then cleaned the upstairs, stopping in the middle to run to Lauren’s to give her a little break, finished vacuuming when I got home, pizza for dinner, we are getting terribly lazy and fat. 02.07.2020
- Happy birthday, Kevin! Could have slept til noon or 9:00 at the very least but up to get PC off to baseball, then to begin cleaning downstairs, finishing the ironing, over to Lauren’s for lunch and to bounce the babies, took Cia for a bike ride/walk, home and to Chipotle for dinner, home to watch “Marriage Story” and a documentary about the Roosevelts before bed, mom is struggling to speak and find the right words. 02.08.2020
- Bounded from bed to get ready for church, really DID NOT want to wear a skirt or dress as I’ve pledged to do, but talked myself into it, lunch at the renowned “Rosa’s Cantina” (tick off the bucket list), walk around the outlet mall, home to change and walk around the Franklin foothills, leftover enchilada chicken pie and more of the Roosevelts. 02.09.2020
- Ahh, Monday, glad to be back on track with my routine…QT, blog writing and reading, mixed up a batch of pizza soup, took a walk in the glorious sunshine, ran to Walmart to pick up a prescription and garlic knots for dinner, oil change at Lube-n-Go, 90 minute gym workout, “The Bachelor” before bed. 02.10.2020
- Had the strangest dream, woke up hitting the side of the bed to break up a fight between 2 monsters, ha!, QT, blogging, put together some outfits in my fashion haus, across the mountain to take the kids some soup for dinner, snuggled Cami for about an hour, quick trip to H&M at the outlet to create a look for SIA this week, began snowing on the way back home, and continued until mid-evening, so peaceful, PC has delayed start for work tomorrow, talked to mom but she sounds so lost, I am so sad. 02.11.2020
- Busied myself most of the morning making cinnamon and orange rolls using my mom/grandmother’s recipe, did some blogging, phone calling about mom’s therapy and help, walked up for a manicure, gym workout and leftover pizza soup for dinner. 02.12.2020
- Up early to fix cinnamon and orange rolls for our breakfast, then over the mountain to help with Lucia, and got a quick snuggle from Lauren and Cami, Target run for some Valentine’s Day surprises, microdermabrasion facial using Groupon to satisfy a wellness goal, blogging, laundry, cheesy chicken, broccoli and rice for dinner. Frustrating news about May’s court case…judge wasn’t there so it has been postponed again, and mom fell after dinner. 02.13.2020
- Such a fun day…PC and I helped with Cia and Cami, then enjoyed close to 90 minutes of pickleball – loving this sport; Paul hit some balls at the batting cages, lunch at Souper Salad, nap, soak in the hot tub, then dressed for the baseball gangs’ Valentine party at Bea and Larry’s house, incredible sunset, great snacks and refreshments, good to catch up with everyone. 02.14.2020
- Slept so well, off to the gym for a mini-workout before PC left for baseball, and I scrapbooked with my sister, then across the mountain to Cia and Cami-sit so the kids could have a date, Cami was fussy but has tummy troubles, finally fell asleep with the paci or soother, as it is called, Cia and I played, took in a very late movie – “Parasite” at 9:30 – very strange story for the movie of the year, in bed after midnight. 02.15.2020
- Church with another good message about my WOTY – BELIEVE, tacos for lunch, walk around the outlets without buying a thing…who am I?…an hour of pickeball where we played with several different couples, home to veg, snack, blog read and hang out with the kitties. 02.16.2020
- What a crazy busy weekend…up early with phone calls, goofed off on our computers for a bit, then hit the gym, walked up McKelligon Canyon, stopped for hamburgers at McD’s, ran to the car wash, cleaned the inside of our cars, watched the end of the Daytona 500, soaked in the hot tub, read with Cady for a quick second, sandwiches for dinner and “The Bachelor.” 02.17.2020
- Kind of all over the place today…asked for estimates through Angie’s list for a plumber to fix our leaking backyard spigots, so had phone calls all day from interested plumbers, fixed Philly cheese steak soup for us and Salisbury steak for the kids, babysat Cami while Lauren went to the doctor and Francisco was at work, blog reading and writing tonight. 02.18.2020
Snuggles from my Girls
- Up early and over the mountain, played with Cia for about 15 minutes in bed before getting her started on her day, sweet baby, home to meet with a plumber about our leaking spigots in the backyard, finished laundry, but just didn’t feel like doing much else, fixed a new recipe for dinner Diablo Chicken, blog reading and writing tonight. 02.19.2020
- Good day even if I was kind of all over the place; waited for a plumber who didn’t show, cleaned the upstairs, new bedspread arrived but I can’t decide about it, walk in the sunshine to drop off books at the little free library, leftovers for dinner, watched “Olive Ketteridge” on Prime/HBO Now and figured out how to log in and get it on all by myself. 02.20.2020
Special Date Night
- Busy day of house cleaning the downstairs, finishing laundry, running to return the bedspread I bought that just wasn’t ‘right’ for our room, a long walk in the spring-like sunshine, and then dressing for dinner at Crave and our Alan Jackson concert – so good – followed by a drink at our local bar Tin Man. 02.21.2020
- PC’s legs are bothering him already with just a few practice games into this baseball season, so we were very lazy today, a quick stop at the library before we met the kids for dinner at Casita Linda, Lucia seems a little jealous of baby sister Camila – I wanted to spend more time with Cia but help Lauren with Cami, too. 02.22.2020
- Hopped out of bed, into the shower and off to church, another good sermon, brisk walk around the outlet mall then lunch at Souper Salad, home to soak in the hot tub, soup and sammies for supper, watched junk on TV all night. 02.23.2020
Earning my Keep
- Got PC out the door to work, and then headed to Bradley Elementary to sub for my friend Diane’s 4th grade, the kids were talkative but sweet and generally well behaved, home to put together a delicious meatball soup – so easy, so good – off to the gym, ate dinner while watching “The Bachelor.” 02.24.2020
- Busy day, started laundry, blog reading and writing, crossed off some to-dos, had a plumber come by to give an estimate on our leaking spigots out back, jumped in the car to check out the pickleball courts out here in the northeast, quick stop at Walmart for PC’s birthday cake mix, socks for donations to Bradley Elementary’s sock drive, had my nails done, quick work out at the gym, ham and potatoes au gratin for dinner, blog reading and writing tonight. 02.25.2020
- Met my new friend Janet at 9:30 for pickleball, we played an hour then ran to Target, to get gas at Walmart, home to eat lunch, iron and meet with another plumber for a third estimate on our leaking spigots, pork chops and rice for dinner and birthday cake for the upcoming b’day boy for dessert. 02.26.2020
- Over the mountain to play bunnies with Cia then to take her to school, got some Cami snuggles, too, stopped at the bank for money for our trip, then Walgreen’s for hand sanitizer, wipes, Airborne to fight off any coronavirus on the plane, ironing, packing, blog writing and at last a good phone call with my mom. 02.27.2020
Happy Birthday Weekend, PC
- Happy birthday to my Prince Charming. Up at 4:00 am in order to get to the airport in time for our 6:30 flight to Phoenix, ate breakfast at Wildflower Bread, then off to the baseball game at Goodyear stadium where the Reds won handily, checked into our hotel at Luke AFB, dinner at the PX, into bed early. 02.28.2020
- Leap day! Slept good, breakfast at McD’s, hiked up to the waterfall at White Tanks, baseball game, Reds vs Padres which ended in a loss for the Reds, 7-3, dinner at Lakeview Restaurant, salmon with a delicious curried cashew sauce, TV before bed at the hotel, Cia tucked us in via WhatsApp. 02.29.2020
We have enjoyed our weekend in Phoenix. But once we get home late Sunday night, I have got to~got to~got to get back to eating better and exercising more. Have indulged in too much birthday cake and baseball food.
Won’t you share your month in review by linking up with us below. Or by leaving a comment on some of the highlights of your February. This coming month, I hope to sub a little bit and help with my grands a little bit, stay on top of my blogging and to travel to Houston to visit my sister Valerie and attend the Texas Library Association annual conference mid-month. Looking forward to another good month.
Had this post all scheduled to publish and had tucked myself into bed when I remembered I hadn’t added my 1 second everyday video for February. So here I am, in my jammies, my eyes heavy with sleepiness, uploading that video.
Thank you for popping in, sweet friends. I appreciate the time you spend here with me. Wishing you a pleasant and productive March!
Hugs and kisses,