Wellness pals, it’s the third Sunday of the month which means time for Wellness Weekend 10.2020. Sharing an update on my wellness goals and talking about our optional theme, walking. Hope you will link up your wellness update and stop by to cheer on some of the others joining in on this journey toward improved health. Pretty sure we can all get on board with that!!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
WELLNESS WEEKEND 10.2020 GOALS UPDATE
Where last month I was doing a mini-celebration because life in El Paso was slowly returning to normal, this month we have taken a HUGE step backward. In the past week our little city has seen an increase of 4,259 new Covid cases. Tighter restrictions are in place since Friday’s high of 800+ cases. We are up to our ears in Covid fatigue.
With all of that being said, I am going to just give an overall update on my goals. It has been very difficult for me to concentrate on improving my physical, mental or emotional health lately when all I want to do is hide under the covers.
PHYSICAL HEALTH – 4.0 (holding steady)
- Stretch and work out 4x a week , Weight Watchers to maintain weight
- Get 7200 steps and 3 floors a day
- Walk in nature for 30 minutes a day, 5x a week
NUTRITIONAL HEALTH – 5.0 (holding steady)
- Cook meals at home 4x a week
- Eat 1 fruit and 1 veggie every day – continuing to drink our smoothies; made 3 weeks of fruit & veggie bags today
- Indulge in alcohol and sweets on weekends
SPIRITUAL HEALTH – 4.0 (holding steady)
- Develop a morning routine M-F
- Enjoy quiet time M-F (devotional, writing, reading, moment of silence and prayer)
- Use aroma therapy during my morning routine
MENTAL HEALTH – 4.0 (holding steady)
- Get dressed every day (not active wear), wear a dress or skirt to church
- Weekly artistic activity; word games, journal – please join me for #25daysofgratitude, an autumn photo challenge beginning on 11.01 on Instagram, with a cumulation of the month’s photos in a post on the blog, 11.30. Feel free to grab these graphics for your post.
- Read 3 books a month in order to meet my Goodreads goal (are we friends on Goodreads yet?) – finished The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi. Read Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain with my book club. It was such a good story. In September, picked up the audio and print versions of An American Marriage by Tayari Jones from our public library. Reading it while also reading The Book of Lost Names by Kristin Harmel with my book club. If you are looking for a great online book club, holler! I’ve got just the one for you. We will be voting on our November book next weekend!!
RELATIONSHIP HEALTH – 4.0 (holding steady)
- Unplug at 8:30 pm, implement evening routine – have been doing very well at this because I have not been in the right frame of mind to blog
- Date night with PC 2x a month (bucket list activities) – autumn bucket list update coming later this week
- Me time, develop friendships, take a class or do something for myself
PREVENTATIVE HEALTH MAINTENANCE – 2.5 (holding steady)
- Improved skin care, routine facials
- Weekly dry brushing
- Regular manicures
FINANCIAL HEALTH – 3.0 (holding steady)
- Continue saving each month
- Save for birthdays and Christmas
- Keep spending under control
Before I bid you adios, let’s take a quick look at our optional prompt for the month…
It seems I relate everything lately to Covid. Last month’s Wellness Weekend optional prompt was balance. I applied the prompt to life during Covid and how off-balance I have felt for most of this year. Can’t blame Covid completely but it sure has had me tip-toeing around.
This is the twelfth consecutive day with over 300 new cases a day, twentieth consecutive day over 200 new cases, and the thirtieth consecutive day over 100 new cases. So where we were jogging back to normalcy in September, this month we are walking it back to square one.
Heck, schools haven’t even reopened yet here!!
Then There’s Me
In addition, I have had a couple of health issues myself. Started with an infected tooth back in August. My dentist couldn’t identify the problem so referred me to someone else. Had an appointment with that dentist but then had to go see mom. Then the tooth stopped hurting. But then it started hurting worse than ever. I made an appointment to see the second dentist. He put me on antibiotics but isn’t sure what is wrong either. Thinks he needs to extract a tooth to figure out what is going on below the gum.
In the meantime, though, I started feeling really crummy. EXHAUSTED. Having this tingly, stabbing pain on the right side of my face (same side as tooth issue). Pain in my right ear, pain in the back of my head. It hurts to touch my face, comb my hair, touch my ear. Could be the tooth but also had some lab tests come back worrisome. The nodules on my thyroid (there since 2013) have grown. Have had an ultrasound and then a CT scan and go to a new endocrinologist on Wednesday. The dentist won’t work on my tooth until the endocrinologist sees me.
How are you doing? Has this second wave of Covid hit your community with a vengeance, too? If you have a wellness related post, please link it up with us so we can cheer you on.
Right now I am not balancing life very well, and not doing much more than walking on auto-pilot through my days. My daughter Lauren is also awaiting results from some follow-up blood work she had done. We are hoping for the best but still feeling very concerned.
But back to walking, PC and I are going to try to walk 10k steps each day. If we can’t do much else, we can surely do that. Our temps are still breaking records so we are doing our walking in the living room. And at night before bed around the park, We are using Leslie Sansone walking videos to motivate us. Check them out, here.
Thank you for stopping by. Hope to get back on track with blog writing and blog reading this week. Stay well!!
Hugs and kisses,