Welcome to Sentence a Day 12.2020 – my December in one run-on sentence a day. I have bought a real, true journal where I am now writing more than one sentence for each day. But I still like these posts for keeping track of what happened in my life and when.
Thankful to RebeccaJo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series and for continuing Sentence a Day into this new year. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up. RebeccaJo never fails to make me laugh!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Sentence a Day 12.2020
Here’s how December panned out around our house.
- Feeling cautiously optimistic about our Covid numbers but learned that several men Prince C. works with have the virus, and one of his baseball playing friend died with Covid today; finished laundry and began ironing, stumbled – literally – on some old, water damaged books on my desert walk, worked on blog posts – had forgotten I was a blogger!! – crab salad for dinner. 12.01.2020
- Sleeping so well with our electric blanket on and the cooler temps at night, quiet time in my loft, have begun writing in my new journal, played dress up in my fashion haus, neighbor found 2 unopened packages from Amazon in the street in front of our houses, appointment with my endocrinologist, decided not to drain the seroma but to hope it dissipates on its own, ran into Kohls – bought PC 2 new shirts for work and myself a warm workout tunic and green turtleneck for the winter capsule wardrobe, picked up block sweater I ordered at Old Navy and 2 blankets for Kindercare’s blanket donations, ironed all afternoon, leftovers for dinner, both of us have headaches so took Aleve PM before bed. 12.02.2020
- Got PC off to work then waited to hear from Walmart before picking up our grocery order, enjoyed quiet time in my loft with both kitties about, vacuumed the downstairs, took a walk, fixed cheesy chicken, broccoli and rice for dinner, began trying to catch up on my blog reading, learned that Paul was exposed to Covid so made appointments for testing tomorrow, glad we canceled our trip to Ohio and Kentucky, cold tonight!! 12.03.2020
- Slept so deeply but tormented by scary dreams, glad to wake up in my warm bed beside my snuggly Prince C., learned my teacher friend Chris passed away from cancer, just mailed her a card yesterday; we lounged for a bit before showering, eating breakfast, taking a quick walk to the park for a round of HORSE or PIG, in our case, then off for Covid testing; surprised to learn PC needs meds for post nasal drip and I am experiencing wheezing that required 2 prescriptions, had our tests, home to continue lounging about until we have the results, didn’t cook for supper, Paul made a sandwich, I threw together a salad, watched “Virgin River” tonight. 12.04.2020
- Another good night’s sleep, awoke snuggled up under the covers, the room chilly; Weight Watchers weigh in – down 3 pounds – breakfast, then a walk to the park in hopes of playing basketball but someone was on the court, picked up our prescriptions, lazy all afternoon as we aren’t feeling our best, late afternoon walk kicking the soccer ball about, Panda Express for dinner, “Outlander” and blog reading tonight. 12.05.2020
- Sleeping like a bear in hibernation but what crazy dreams…and in each, I am only partially clothed!! Lazy morning until we finally got up for breakfast, my version of chipped beef on toast, walk around the park, then got notice that our Covid tests came back NEGATIVE, woo hoo, thank You, God; walked through the shops near our house but only bought gum drops and candy canes for our gingerbread houses, football this afternoon and evening, street tacos for dinner, I am hungry!! 12.06.2020
- Would have been my parents’ 69th wedding anniversary and is the 79th anniversary of Pearl Harbor, would like to visit some day. Yay me, up to do my quiet time, then dressed in real clothes to go with PC over the mountain to help with our granddolls, dropped them at school, breakfast at iHop, walked around the outlet mall, started laundry – it’s Monday – kicked the soccer ball, took 2 walks, did sit-ups, arm weights, rowing and elliptical (a little bit of each), decorated the front of the house, turkey brats on the grill for dinner, PC is so happy his fantasy team beat mine. 12.07.2020
Starting the Day Out Right
- Up for quiet time again, loving this new Bible study workbook – thank you, Mary; over the mountain to help with the girls, I fed Cami while PC supervised Cia’s breakfast, dropped them off at school then ran to Kohl’s for a few Christmas gifts, commissary run for groceries, put them up, took a walk and played basketball, potato soup with leftover Thanksgiving ham for dinner, Bible journaling before bed.
- Stayed home all day…awoke thinking ‘why bother’ about the tree, my paintings, decorating but snapped out of it, why bother??? because I love my decorations!!, quiet time, then put up the tree, took a walk, sorted through my decorations but have a pretty good mess on the table, washed the kitties and dried them with the air dryer in the sunshine, they are so silky, Subway for dinner, blog writing about Christmas traditions, fun to reminisce. 12.09.2020
- Quiet time in my loft with a cappuccino and my kitties, over the mountain to help with my girls, Cami had on big sister’s onesie that reads “I love Nira Jean” that Lauren had made in honor of my mom’s 90th birthday 3 years ago, stretched over her big tummy it was hard to read the words!; cold drizzle had us change our plans about walking up McKelligon, came home instead, I decorated the kitchen, wrote my Where Bloggers Live post, after putting away all my fall decor, pizza for dinner, played Upwords with PC. 12.10.2020
- Couldn’t get out of bed this morning but when I did was rewarded with a golden sky dotted with fluffy gray clouds, had to help with the girls, PC stayed at home this morning so he could go to an appointment about his painful knee, I stopped at Kohl’s to pick up my combat boots, Target to get kitty food, took a walk in the sunshine, wrapped Christmas gifts, used our leftovers to make Asian pulled pork over Jasmine rice, blog reading before bed. 12.11.2020
- Lazy Saturday morning, showered and ate breakfast before tackling the postal annex to mail packages and buy stamps, across the mountain to make gingerbread houses with the babies, PC was so dear to help Lucia with her house while Lauren and I juggled Miss Cami, our gingerbread kits were over a year old so the icing was less than cooperative but we got them made, McDonald’s for lunch, home to have hot dogs for supper, and to watch programs on the history channel until bed. 12.12.2020
Corn Does Not a Dinner Make
- Hard day…many phone calls trying to make life a little better and easier for Mom, her phone continues to be an issue, her hearing aids, she is having more trouble comprehending things, the kitchen is closed and the food situation is pitiful; we ordered friend chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls and cole slaw for her and Kevin picked it up and delivered it, with pecan pie for dessert, the apartment supposedly only brought corn for dinner, so hard. 12.13.2020
- Nice day at home alone…quiet time, Bible journaling, loads and loads of laundry, meat loaf for supper, blog reading and writing, present wrapping, talked to Mom twice, Cami ‘called’ on the way to pick up Lucia from school and kept saying Ga-babba, which is her name for me…music to my ears, PC’s mom and brother have Covid. 12.14.2020
Chicken Pot Pie Does
- Quiet time again this morning, certainly gets my day started on the right foot, Bible journaling, cleaned upstairs, set my yeast for bread, very cold so took just a quick walk, put away laundry, chicken pot pie for dinner. 12.15.2020
- Hump day = cleaned downstairs, looks so nice and smells so good, blog reading and writing, grocery shopping for cookie baking ingredients, hair cut, Taco Bell for dinner. 12.16.2020
- Up early and out the door for PC’s appointment with my spine surgeon, received orders for an MRI and x-rays and a follow-up appointment on 12.29, desert walk, video workout, delicious HelloFresh for dinner. 12.17.2020
- Fun Friday…got dressed up in holiday graphic tee, walked the outlet mall, picked up sweatsuits for the little girls for Christmas, took a trip through Academy, then started our tamale run hitting Gussies, Delicious, Chepes and Sobroso for tamales, and The Dirty Boot for Christmas ale, ate tamales for dinner and drank ale, played Slitherio on the computer before bed…thankful I didn’t dream about big snakes. 12.18.2020
- Slept good, did a Hasfit workout and walk video, then started up McKelligon Canyon but it was cold and windy so we didn’t make it to the top and back down, Brown Bag Deli to go for dinner where they had Care Bears on the tables for social distancing, football games on TV before bed. 12.19.2020
- Looking forward to the day that we can return to church on Sunday morning, late breakfast, scrapbooked and painted while hanging out with Valerie on Facetime, called mom together, quick walk tossing the basketball back and forth, hot dogs, baked beans and pasta salad for dinner, watched “Outpost” on Netflix, difficult to watch. 12.20.2020
- Whoa, it’s been a week since I last wrote a sentence…not exactly a sentence a day. Didn’t sleep well but it was a Sunday night, accompanied PC to his MRI but wasn’t allowed in the building, sat in the car for about an hour, then ran quick to pick up an order at Kohl’s, picked him up, enjoyed lunch at Jason’s Deli – almost felt like ‘normal’ except I couldn’t access the salad bar myself, tried to take a nap but phone kept ringing, gave up, wrapped last presents, mailed last 2 at UPS, made cookie dough for tomorrow’s bake-fest, tamales for dinner, football before bed. 12.21.2020
Nothing Says Christmas Like Cookies
- The theme of today was baking…lemon almond cookies with sprinkles, sugar and peanut butter criss-cross cookies and gingerbread; put fresh sheets on the bed, did quiet time, PC was home by lunch time, we took a walk and tossed the basketball, chicken chile lasagna for dinner, watched the finale of “The Bachelorette” even though we haven’t watched the earlier episodes. 12.22.2020
Mother and Daughter Day
- My P. Charming had trouble sleeping and was up a lot of the night, he went into work but no one was there so he came home, I went across the mountain and saw my babies – it’s been almost 2 weeks – Cami hugged me around the neck 3 times, Cia was a little cool at first and then warmed up, I think she doesn’t understand why I am away for so long, we dropped the babies at school and Lauren and I went to Target, nice to slowly peruse everything there, stopped to pick up my Duck boots at Kohl’s, home where I scrapbooked with Valerie for a bit, tamales for dinner, nice conversation with mom, Christmas movies and shows on TV tonight. 12.23.2020
- Brrrr, cold this morning when we got up, made Christmas pies – apple crumb and blue berry, over the mountain to deliver our presents for the girls, so hard to have to stand away from my babies and not take them in my arms; walked the outlet mall which was closing up early, tamales for dinner, jingled our bells outside our house at 6 pm, treated Bren, Tafa and Cady to sushi dinner, played Suspend and Upwords, off to bed. 12.24.2020
Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus
- Lazy until 10 am, opened presents on Facetime with the babies, chatted with PC’s mom and brothers and my mom while I fixed our Christmas dinner, ate turkey, ham, twice baked potatoes and green bean casserole then headed for the theater to see “News of the World”- currently reading the book; good movie, home to eat blueberry pie and ice cream, watched “Shrek,” played Slitherio. 12.25.2020
- Another lazy morning, decided to walk up McKelligon then en route changed our mind to walk on the westside of the mountain, managed to get 11k steps and 4 floors today, which felt good, walked the perimeter of the outlet mall, then Victoria’s Mexican for mid-afternoon meal, Mom called and was very lonely, I asked Lauren to call her and she did, then she ordered mom a cheeseburger and milkshake, since Mom’s dinner was sparse, home to blog read, watch “Mulan”. 12.26.2020
- Ditto on the lazy morning, walked up McKelligon Canyon in the glorious winter sunshine, lunch and football, my fantasy football team did so well coming from a D draft to place second in the league, folded laundry, snacky supper after eating waaaaaay too many Christmas cookies and too much fudge, finished the blueberry pie, dumped the remainder of the leftovers, Weight Watchers here we come!! 12.27.2020
- Yay for me…up early to do my quiet time in my loft, got PC off to work, enjoyed my coffee and breakfast sammie, then showered, dressed, made my bed and started taking care of business phone calls that had waited until after Christmas, took a quick walk, did a load of laundry, scrapbooked with Valerie, Paul was home very early, we did a video workout and walked in the desert, HelloFresh Mexican chicken and rice bowls for dinner, quiet night. 12.28.2020
- My Prince had an appointment with my spine surgeon at 9:00 am, going to try epidurals before considering surgery, we had breakfast at Village Inn, then home to make phone calls about mom’s health insurance that stopped paying for her care in November out of the clear blue, close to 2 hours on the phone, then had a deep tissue massage that was incredible but very hard, will be sore for days, pulled pork chili for dinner, 12.29.2020
- Paul had to work but was home mid-morning, I went over the mountain to help with my babies, it’s been so long and they had grown a foot, played Barbies with Cia, and snuggled Cam, took them to school, hung out with Buff for a bit, then a quick run to Hobby Lobby to get snowflakes for New Year’s cards, so behind on bog reading, housekeeping, ironing. 12.30.2020
- Awoke to a chilly day, PC had a pain management consult at 8:00 am, and they scheduled an epidural for 2 weeks from now, stopped at Walmart to grab snacks for tonight, had planned to go to the movies late afternoon but the schedule changed for NYE so wound up watching “Promising Young Woman” early in the afternoon, the movie haunted us but had us talking afterward, dropped off a New Year’s card to my friend Susie and her husband, picked up old patterns from a neighbor who was helping me with my latest collage, shrimp, queso, and lil smokies for dinner with these white Christmas margaritas, gave up the ghost and were in bed by 10 pm. 12.31.2020
That was the end of my December and the end of this tumultuous year. Hallelujah. And here is my 30 second video recap.
What highlights would make up your Sentence a Day 12.2020? How did you celebrate the last day of this crazy year? If you have a month-in-review or SaD post, please link-up with us!! Then show some of the other gals some love by stopping to say hi! But if you don’t blog, you can still join us by sharing the memorable moments of your December in a comment below.
PC returns to a regular work schedule and I begin my room by room decluttering. Wish me luck!!
Thank you for popping in to spend a few moments of your day with me. Hope we will become even better pals in this new year.
Hugs and kisses,