Past time for my Sentence a Day, 06.2019. So frustrated! Guess why? Yup, you guessed it…having more computer issues. I am ready to scream. My laptop keeps shutting off. Mid-post, mid-sentence, mid-search, mid-email. Black screen. Sometimes it only takes a second to get it to come back up and other times the computer shuts down completely and has to be rebooted. Sometimes I lose what I am working on and sometimes, the computer gods cut me some slack and it is auto-saved. Have tried to get this post published for 2 days. About to to publish it as is right now while my computer is cooperating.
If you are a blogger, and I haven’t been by to say hi, please know that I’m a-comin’ as soon as I can!!
Sentence a Day, 06.2019
So glad to be joining Rebecca Jo at Knit By God’s Hand for this series. In comparison to earlier months this year, June wasn’t half bad. Actually, not bad at all.
- First month of summer, beautiful day for PC’s ball game, my walk around the lake beforehand, late lunch with the baseball folks, cleaned the pool and took a quick dip, delivered toys to Francisco’s mom for Lucia to play with while she watches her this weekend, saw the movie “Rocketman”, which was very good, 06.01.2019
- Another perfect summery day, quick church service, finished vacuuming and mopping that I didn’t get done Friday, gym workout, swim and soak in the hot tub, soup supper, and bedtime walk. 06.02.2019
- Fun day swimming and splashing in the pool with the kids and our floaties, hamburgers on the grill, then took Lucia to see her first movie, “Aladdin,” which I liked even better the second time. 06.03.2019
- Cia-sitting in the morning while the kids did some more house hunting, we played at the park then soaked in the hot tub afternoon and evening, then baby girl slept so well all night. 06.04.2019
- Big day…Francisco was as impressed with Providence Hospital as they were with him and he was offered the job, and they found the perfect house all before driving back to Albuquerque; my sweet Cia was so dear asking for huggies all day as if she knew we would be saying goodbye again. 06.05.2019
Just the Two of Us
- PC took the day off so we were rather leisurely this morning, took a spin around the outlet mall, lunch at Ripe where I had calamari tacos, gym, swim, bedtime walk. 06.06.2019
- Another day off for my Prince, worked on sprinklers, rock gardens, walked through the stores in our neighborhood shopping center, gym, Weight Watchers pizza bake for dinner, Lauren is officially 7 weeks along and they heard the baby’s heart beat…thank You, God. 06.07.2019
- Saturday baseball but PC started the morning hurting pretty badly and continued throughout the game, don’t know what we are going to do about his back, was supposed to go to a Schuster reunion for former employees at the elementary that is being closed down, but he is too miserable to go. 06.08.2019
Red Security Warning is Gone
- So thankful to PC and his brother, John, for figuring out the mess behind the security warning popping up on my blog, I think things are back to normal; church, gym, another trip to Walmart – we can’t stay out of there lately – washed both kitties, defurred them with some great gloves, swam, quiet night catching up on blog reading. 06.09.2019
- Oh, my, haven’t written a sentence in 9 days. Yikes. How to catch up.
- Quiet Monday morning out by the pool, scrapbooked with Valerie, looked into fixing the ugly coral-colored stain on our couch where we used a wipe to clean it and removed the color on the leather. 06.10.2019
- Fun morning in my fashion haus, playing dress up with my Stitch Fix clothes…loved everything, post to come. 06.11.2019
- Updated my resume, worked on my story, worked out at the gym, bedtime walk, seeing some improvement in my shape. 06.12.2019
- Turned in my resume at Harmony Schools for a library assistant position, PC was home early, dinner at Casita Linda’s; alarming text from Lauren just before bed, she is bleeding and going to the ER, had to call a babysitter for Lucia; at midnight received word that the bleeding had stopped and the baby was still alive. 06.13.2019
A Mother for Life
- Early run to the gym then treated my Prince to a sports massage followed by Souper Salad for lunch then I headed to Albuquerque to be with Lauren this weekend in case she begins to bleed again while Francisco is on-call; my car acted very iffy, losing power then regaining power, better gasoline and prayer got me safely to the kids’ house. 06.14.2019
- Lots of playing with Cia, ice cream for dessert, Lauren hasn’t had any more bleeding, thank goodness, and the kids have accepted a contract on their Albuquerque house. 06.15.2019
- Snuggles with Cia in my bed when she woke up early, enjoyed playing in the yard with her, making shapes with rocks under the patio umbrellas Lauren and Francisco set out for us; drove home to El Paso in time to take PC for a Father’s Day cheeseburger. 06.16.2019
- Feeling out of sorts…was hopeful to get back in the swing of things but nothing felt right; had the stained leather on the couch dyed and it looks so much better than the coral-color stain where we used a wipe on the leather, gym, about a million phone calls. 06.17.2019
Back to Life
- Productive day starting with quiet time on the patio, reading, writing, to-do list making, blogging, blog reading, and even working on my story; worked on my mosaic a little at lunch, my sister drove from Houston to Ft. Worth to be with Cady for the afternoon…so sweet, cleaned both the refrigerator inside and the freezer in the garage, folded a mountain of clothes after finishing the laundry, gym, bedtime walk. 06.18.2019
- Hump day…morning spent poolside writing, reading, blogging; brushed pool in anticipation of our later afternoon swim, ironed, made these copy-cat Chick-fil-a grilled nuggets…so good. 06.19.2019
- Fasted ’til I had my blood work for thyroid and kidney checks, McGriddle sandwich for brunch, toured Kindercare so Lauren will have some idea about the daycare where Lucia will be going, finalized plans for my trip to Ft. Worth, scrapped a few minutes with Valerie but too many phone calls and interruptions kept us from making progress, gym, smoked turkey sausage with peppers, onions and cabbage for dinner, came up with my 2019 summer bucket list. 06.20.2019
- PC’s Friday off, grocery shopping at the commissary, gym, movie “Late Night” and popcorn for dinner. 06.21.2019
Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone
- Different kind of day, PC played baseball and I had planned to attend a photography class but got there late (couldn’t find Purrsimmony) and wound up participating in a pin-up photo shoot class instead, learned to do a pompadour, cat eye make up, cupid’s bow red mouth, then posed by 2 vintage vehicles for pics, met my Prince afterward for a quick lunch with the ball team, home to swim and soak, dinner at Chipotle followed by a walk around the shops and yogurt at Menchies, really nice day. 06.22.2019
- Our church continues a series about the family that has been very good, taking notes and doing lots of thinking, we walked around the mall afterward, home for grilled cheese sandwiches, gym, dinner in the hot tub. 06.23.2019
- I love Mondays…how ’bout you? Love the routine of my quiet time on the patio, writing, reading, catching up on blog-related things (I am never caught up – who am I fooling?), did a little housework, finished laundry, folded and put away, ironed, made lasagna for dinner, walk, gym, bedtime walk to give me over 12k steps for a change. 06.24.2019
Retired, But Always a Librarian at Heart
- My day got off to a backward start when I got caught up working on lessons for our Teachers Pay Teachers store, didn’t do my quiet time, didn’t work on my children’s story or my Morning Pages, but did write a short (mini) story for Dee’s Short Story Prompt #6, no gym today, but my weight was the lowest it has been in years, pork chops on the grill, TV tonight. 06.25.2019
- Busy day touring day care facilities for the kids after having breakfast with Candace from Rio Grande, my old job; discovered a new hike site, good gym workout, leftovers for dinner, worked on library lessons for our store tonight. 06.26.2019
- More work on library lessons, how I miss those days; have applied for a part-time library assistant position and a public library branch director position but can I, do I want to work full-time?; played with my Simply Earth essential oils kit. 06.27.2019
- Frustrated to learn that I can no longer see my primary care physician Cheyenne, now have to go to a doctor on Ft. Bliss which means starting all over again with my medical history; busy all day with PC’s back appointment, shopping, picking up my bike, movie – “Yesterday” and popcorn supper. 06.28.2019
- Dilemma – have almost reached my WW lifetime goal weight and clothes are getting very loose, how much do I want to lose? Gym before PC’s 1:00 pm baseball game in Socorro, stop at the mission for photo op for June’s World Through My Lens post, dinner at Casita Linda’s, Live PD and blogging. 06.29.2019
- Church message about Family Matters continues to touch home, trip around the outlet mall for steps, ice cream social downtown that was a huge disappointment, gym, swim, rubbed kitties to de-fur them, bike ride = my leg is hurting, too much going for my liking. 06.30.2019
Well, my computer has stayed on and up for 5 minutes without shutting down. Wonders never cease. Maybe this latest glitch is behind me.
I’ve had several bloggers and friends say they are having issues with Facebook and Instagram this week. And my laptop, we discovered was behind on several Microsoft 10 updates for some reason. PC got those installed on my laptop and his last night and, miracle of miracles, my laptop hasn’t shut down yet!!
If you are experiencing problems, take a look at what version of Microsoft you are using. Perhaps your device hasn’t updated either. The latest version is 20. something as of last night. I was using 18. something. Hmmm.
How did your June measure up to the earlier months of the year? What would be the highlights of your Sentence a Day, 06.2019? Please share in a comment below or link-up your Sentence a Day, 06.2019 post with us.
A belated happy Canada Day to my friends to the north and a happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans – doesn’t that sound presidential!? Going to publish this and get busy blog reading while I can.
Hugs and kisses,