Welcome dear ones to Sentence a Day 02.2023 – my monthly review of life in one run-on sentence a day. Today I am bringing you my sentences from February. For a short month, it sure was a looooooong month. We have had several hiccups in my hopes for a gentle 2023 but we’re still standing.
SENTENCE A DAY- OGT 2023
As always, want to give a big thanks to Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand for creating this series. This year, Rebecca is starting something that goes with SaD, she says it combines both. A thankful month idea – where every day, she will post a blessing, a gratitude for that day. And those posts will go live on the first Thursday of each month. Which is…ta-da…today!!
For each of my daily entries, you will see OGT after the date for that (looooooong) sentence. OGT = one good thing. And I am following Rebecca’s good lead by including one good thing I am grateful for each day. For years – since my friend Carrie sent me the first one – I have kept a gratitude journal. Last month I completed the last post in my latest gratitude journal. Have just purchased this new one. Anxious for it to arrive.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links which are usually italicized. If you click or make a purchase from an italicized link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
SENTENCE A DAY 02.2023
So, here we go…run-on sentences for February.
Delighting in Being Home
- Have so enjoyed being home this week but will be subbing on Friday, Monday and Tuesday so will be worn out by this time next week; today, though, was glorious…reading, writing, coloring balanced by a little ironing; fixed homemade chicken noodle soup and cheddar bay biscuits for dinner; play a little virtual reality tennis and did a Supernatural workout; poor Purrsimmony seems sicker again, will call the vet in the morning. 02.01.2023 OGT: being home!!
Sick Kitty, Well Kitty
- Felt very unmotivated today but managed to get Simmie into the kitty carrier and over to the vet where they diagnosed her with impacted anal glands; she had to be sedated, the glands cleaned out, given an antibiotic and steroid so I came home for a bit and went back to fetch her; Simmie is so much better already; pork chops and au gratin potatoes for dinner; played tennis and did a Supernatural workout but still didn’t get my steps in for the day. 02.02.2023 OGT: Simmie is feeling better
- So proud of me to get up for quiet time before going ‘cross the mountain to sub; enjoyed being in the art classroom again but had a couple of tough classes mixed in with some really good ones; frustrated that I couldn’t get the projector to connect to my new Chromebook; we drew snowflakes which I enjoyed very much, and played with transparent mirrors; PC ‘cooked’ Taco Bell; watched the Alex Murdaugh trial on YouTube and then “The Crown;” tired tonight. 02.03.2023 OGT: Lucia’s smile
Thankful for Sunshine
- Enjoyed sitting in the sunshine on this beautiful morning, visiting with our friends George and Vita, the Garcias whom I mentioned in this post, at their grandson’s baseball game; French breakfast on the patio of La Madeleine; walked around outside the shops at the Fountains of Farah; home so I could scrapbook with my sister and Paul could go to ball practice; chicken noodle soup and ham and cheese sliders for dinner; good Supernatural workout and some tennis; watching “The Crown” again. 02.04.2023 OGT: spring-like sunshine
- The book I have been reading, Winter Garden, is invading my dreams and my waking thoughts as well, causing me to be confused about the spy balloon as being from Russia rather than China, dreaming about being without food, being sick and cold; Covenant Sunday at church with a message based on Isaiah 54; feeling so hopeful for this year; ran into Dick and Denise from Let’s Write; Whataburger for lunch; walk around the outlet mall, bought a third badge protector for the year; Facetimed with Valerie but didn’t do much scrapbooking; ran on the treadmill; quick round of tennis; watched “The Crown.” 02.05.2023 OGT: encouraging message at church
Unexpected Day Off
- Over the mountain early to sub only to discover I didn’t have an assignment after all; but it was wonderful because I was able to meet Lauren at the car loop, and take the girls so she could get back home for a teleconference; Cami and I walked Cia to class and then I took Cam to Kindercare; stopped at Target and Michael’s, home to finish laundry, watch the Murdaugh trial, and to fix chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and peanut butter cookies for supper; very pleasant day. 02.06.2023 OGT: didn’t have to sub
- Back over the mountain to sub for kinder; we had 2 birthdays so lots of treats to be distributed at the end of the day; one of the birthday children was the boy who struggles so much to behave; mid-morning that little boy became very agitated about sharing the new ‘smart’ board with the other children in his group; he took a metal object and began scraping it against the smart board screen; I managed to get the metal piece away from him and called for help with him; it was a long afternoon of holding my breath; on my way out to the car my new badge holder broke – another sign that I should give up subbing??; PC picked up panda food (Panda Express); I collapsed. 02.07.2023 OGT: PC cooked
- Happy birthday to my brother Kevin. I am glad you were born!! Practically giddy that I was home all day; journaled; listened to the Murdaugh trial – just incredible; sorted through the pantry and worked on my Where Bloggers Live post; ran to the library and took my car through its first car wash; had my eyebrows threaded; created the cutest little jellyfish – if I do say so myself – for my scrapbook page; ironed; Hamburger Helper for supper; “The Crown” before bed; reading my mother’s replies to To Our Children’s Children by Bob Greene. 02.08.2023 OGT: My brother’s birthday; being home
- Nicest day of trade-off between work and play; cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed, dusted and cleaned the downstairs bath; listened to the trial while ironing; enjoyed a walk in the chilly sunshine; picked up a few things at Walmart including frames for the girls’ art; finished my scrapbook page with Valerie; leftovers for dinner; Supernatural and tennis afterward; answered questions in To Our Children’s Children for my children. 02.09.2023 OGT: clean house
Love Being Gabba/Mimi
- Lauren needed help today with the girls so I was over the mountain for the third time this week but gladly so; delighted in hugs and snuggles with all 3; took Cami to Kindercare but Cia stayed home from school with a sore throat and cough; after dropping off lil bit, Cia and I drew and colored; then I cleaned up the kitchen and unloaded the dishwasher for Lauren before heading home; watched the trial most of the day; took a longer walk with PC in the 44* sun; did a Supernatural workout and played VR tennis with Paul; pizza for dinner; “The Crown” before bedtime with a glass of wine. 02.10.2023 OGT: snuggles from my girls, feeling needed
- Have to try to sleep without my melatonin as my dreams are so vivid and disturbing when I take it; cereal for breakfast then PC was off to a scrimmage baseball game; I ran the vacuum, cooked ribs in the Instapot, made baked beans and brownies; cleaned the hot tub and washed off the patio furniture; ran on the treadmill; scrapbooked with my sister for a bit; when Paul got home we soaked in the hot tub until Lauren and family arrived to join us; the girls are such fun; after splashing about for an hour, we ate dinner; Lucia and I played a pretend game of chess; she brought us new drawings and made me a bookmark; bundled them all off for home with leftovers for tomorrow; PC and I collapsed in front of the TV. 02.11.2023 OGT: PC cleaned the kitchen
Super Bowl Sunday
- Quiet day at home…all day long…except for the few moments we wandered out to take some pictures for my upcoming Ageless Style post; having dreadfully vivid and distressing dreams so don’t feel like I am really resting lately; did a Supernatural workout and scrapbooked a bit with my sister; charcuterie board of snacks for Super Bowl half-time dinner. 02.12.2023 OGT: being home all day
- Monday morning and PC struggled to get going so called in for half a day; quiet time in bed; we did an arm workout and some crunches and leg lifts; I got laundry underway and then he was off to work; took a walk in the sun; watched the Murdaugh trial; folded and put away clothes; made chicken pot pie for dinner; received a letter in the mail from Paul’s urologist saying it was urgent he call them but opened it too late to call; worried; did a Supernatural workout; more trial before bed. 02.13.2023 OGT: slow start to the day
- Fitful sleeping; PC promised to call the urologist right away and he did; his PSA results are very high; Paul picked me up with rose and lily bouquet in hand for Valentine’s Day to go meet with the nurse; he’ll have a biopsy on 03.06; we are pretty shaken; he returned to work and I ironed to stay warm; a couple of times I felt very teary-eyed and just laid down on the bed for a few minutes; we went to Jason’s Deli before writing class; enjoyed both; read my First Christmas Without Mom blog post to the group. 02.14.2023 OGT: the distraction of writing
- Another restless sleep; got Paul off to work in my car; Facetimed Bren – poor Declan has pneumonia, strep, the flu, Moraxella catarrhalis (bacterial infection of the respiratory tract); worked on my Ageless Style blog post while watching the trial; spent an hour writing then sorting out photos for my next scrapbook page; began work on sorting through my closet, getting through the sweaters, dresses and started work on the pants and jeans; shooting at the mall beside the Walmart where the 2019 mass shooting occurred – so stressful and unnecessary; made an Italian sausage and tortellini soup; ice cream for dessert; “1923” and “The Crown” before falling into bed. 02.15.2023 OGT: thankful only 4 people were shot, but 4 too many
- Poor PC couldn’t sleep; had a meeting with the general about security issues within their organization and was worried about that; started homemade bread with my sister by feeding our yeast; I jumped back into purging my closet – touching every single piece of clothing in there, and trying many of them on to evaluate whether to keep or let go of them; Paul got home shortly after lunch and went straight up to bed for a nap; I scrapped with my sister for about an hour; ran on the treadmill; warmed up leftovers for supper; another shooting this time in Memphis. 02.16.2023 OGT: renewing my yeast with Valerie
- Awoke to find PC reading in bed at 6:00 am, another night struggling to sleep; I fixed an egg and sausage breakfast; wrote a little on my ‘play’ blog post; showed and dressed and out the door to run some errands: new school district badge, sold clothes to the consignment store; picked up propane and kitty food at Walmart; Supernatural workout; tomato soup and grilled cheese for dinner; watched the trial while blog writing; long, worrisome day; another shooting in Mississippi. 02.17.2023 OGT: sold some clothes at Uptown Cheapskate
- Quiet, lazy, snuggly morning until time to get ready to meet Lauren and the girls for “Alice in Wonderland” at the El Paso Playhouse; when they scrambled out of the car, Lucia came to me and Cami ran to Campa – did my heart good; the play was was performed on a meager budget but a funny, clever reflection of Carroll’s work; Cami got a bit wiggly toward the end and was a little frightened of the white rabbit when it scampered up the aisle beside us but was eager to meet the actors of the play once it was over; Lucia told me she loved me when I put her in her car seat; PC and I indulged in dinner at Texas Roadhouse; I scrapbooked for a few minutes once we got home; watched The Crown until bedtime; Lauren is having a recurrence of an earlier health problem; this week has sucked. 02.18.2023 OGT: I love you from Lucia
- We slept so soundly with the falling rain; jumped out of bed and into the shower, into the car and over the mountain for church; good message about the BIG life God wants for us; breakfast at Weck’s for the first time – delicious; home in the drizzle to scrapbook with my sister; blog read; and we ate leftovers for dinner; ran on the treadmill and got in my 4th Supernatural for the week – hitting those winter goals. 02.19.2023 OGT: rain with the hope of poppies in March
Drowning in Paperwork
- Another morning that we slept late and enjoyed being lazy; did my quiet time in bed; breakfast was leftovers from Weck’s yesterday; we contemplated walking up McKelligon Canyon but were neither one up to it; a little yard work blowing leaves and debris from under the bushes, pulling weeds; walk around the neighborhood; put together information for our Wills, Powers of Attorney, medical directives; organized my Kiwi Lane templates while PC got his new laptop set up and information removed from his old desktop; Salisbury steak in the crockpot for dinner; Supernatural workout; “The Crown” before bed; Lauren may be having surgery this week. 02.20.2023 OGT: quiet day at home
Celebrating a Friend
- I was practically comatose when the alarm went off this morning; once PC was off to work, I started on laundry, finished my Title Talk post; ran on the treadmill; started work on my next scrapbook page; took a walk in the sunshine and listened to All the Broken Places; PC got home early, we picked up Lucia and Camila from daycare, took them to dinner at Chick-fil-a and then down to Southwest University Ball Park for a tribute to Paul’s friend George; the girls were so cute and played from one end of the stadium to the other; got them home by 8:15 pm and we were snuggled into our recliners just a few minutes later; Lauren has surgery on Friday morning. 02.21.2023 OGT: George was celebrated
- Oh, the wind…blew our glass patio table off the balcony and onto the pool and deck below; it has blown up to 70 mph gusts all day and is just now quieting; couldn’t get motivated to do much today other than finishing laundry, Bible journaling, reading and watching this Alex Murdaugh trial; cleaned up the broken glass, made red beans, sausage and rice with cornbread for dinner, lots of blog reading today. 02.22.2023 OGT: the whole tabletop didn’t land in the pool
- Busy day; used our grandma/mom’s recipes to make cinnamon rolls and an orange rolls with my sister on Facetime; picked up a grocery order at Walmart; cleaned the house; fixed pulled BBQ pork in the crockpot for sandwiches; packed up some of the baked goods and pork for the kids so Lauren wouldn’t have to cook; ran them across the mountain then met Denise from writing for Girls Night Out, the Paris Edition at church; great message about overcoming fear to do big things; crepe for dessert; home to watch “The Crown”. 02.23.2023 OGT: great message for One / Sisterhood and Girls Night Out.
- Up early and over the mountain to take the girls to school because Lauren was having surgery at 10 am; Cia and Cams were especially adorable and had drawn us some precious pictures for our frames at home; breakfast at Weck’s – our new favorite spot; over to Ft. Bliss to try to get my military ID card updated but have to wait until 30 days from its expiration on 03.31 – boo; picked up my Run for the Fallen 5K packet and tee; stopped in Under Armor and picked up 2 bargains, a long-sleeved pink tee and a pink sherpa pullover (had been $80, paid $19); home to clean glass out of the pool in my wet suit; watched the trial; Supernatural and tennis; Lauren’s surgery was delayed and not over about 4:30; watched “1923” and made this EASY KFC copycat meal for dinner to rave reviews. 02.24.2023 OGT: thankful for Lauren’s successful surgery
- Long but very good day; up early to head to Ft. Bliss for the Run for the Fallen 5K; taps of the trumpet and the reading of the names of the soldiers was so touching; I ran the whole way!! – didn’t set any records, in fact I as about 10 minutes slower than the last 5K I ran 3 years or so ago, but I am 3 years older, too; headed to the ball park to watch PC play very well in a scrimmage game; lunch at Jason’s Deli; home to watch the bit of trial I didn’t see yesterday; picked up library books; popcorn for supper; tried to watch the series “The Underground Railroad” but couldn’t bear the horrible torture of the slaves; it’s 8 pm and I am ready for bed. 02.25.2023 OGT: Paul had a great game
- Had to take a Tylenol PM to sleep last night but it worked; message at church continued from Isaiah; TacoTote for lunch then a stroll around the outlet mall in the crazy wind; took a nap in the afternoon with the kitties; grilled cheese and soup for supper; blog reading, Supernatural and virtual reality tennis; watched “The Chosen” before bed, PC seems very distracted and worried. 02.26.2023 OGT: nap time
Chilled to the Bone
- Cannot get warm on these windy days; picked up downstairs, cleaned kitchen and bathrooms, changed sheets, did laundry; took a walk in the sunshine hoping to warm up with little luck; watched the Murdaugh trial; worked on blog posts and blog reading; did Supernatural and tennis workouts; Hamburger Helper for dinner; arm workout with PC; “The Chosen” before bed. 02.27.2023 OGT: Payday
- Happy birthday to my sweet Prince Charming=Paul Clingan-so, so, so glad you were born!! Quiet time, got PC off and kitties fed; laundry put up; had my hair cut and eyebrows threaded; met with pool maintenance guy from Azure Oasis and he got our leak resolved and pool cleaner running; ran on the treadmill; ironed and took pictures of the items I hope to list on Poshmark; listened to the trial; when PC got home we left for dinner at Jason’s Deli then writing group at Whole Foods. 02.28.2023 OGT: PC’s birthday
And here’s my 1 Second Each Day video summary of the month.
What did you think of February? Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Eh, so-so? Our February hit some rough patches mid-month but with the arrival of March, we are hopeful and feeling optimistic. And it snowed today. Which is always fun!!
Wishing you a warm, sunny March and kick off to spring or autumn, depending on which side of the equator you reside. Thank you for visiting me. Off to scrapbook with my sissy.
Hugs and kisses,
Oh goodness, what a month! Lots of grandmother love – yay! But worries about Declan, Lauren and PC – boo 🙁 It sounds like his consultant is very efficient and it will soon be Monday and time to have the biopsy. No wonder you aren’t getting a good, peaceful nights sleep.
Well done on your run! Doesn’t matter how long it took, you still did it which is more than I can do!
Just as we were looking forward to spring here, the temperatures are dropping every day and it looks like we may get snow next week. I was kind of hoping for sunnier days!
Love your Sentence a Day posts!
I’m still trying to get caught up with blogging now that my son’s wedding is past us. So happy!