Welcome to Sentence a Day 02.2021 – my February in one run-on sentence a day. I like these posts for keeping track of what happened in my life and when. Almost like an online journal and appointment book!!
Thankful to RebeccaJo at Knit by God’s Hand for hosting this series and for continuing Sentence a Day into the new year. Please run by to check out her post and the posts of some of the others linking up. RebeccaJo never fails to make me laugh!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support
SENTENCE A DAY 02.2021
And We’re Off
- Pleasant first day of February with workouts, progress on my #100DayProject – my mosaic table top, a run on my treadmill, walk outside, got the laundry washed, folded and put away. 02.01.2021
- So hopeful that today would be as wonderful as yesterday but it was rather a mess, with many phone calls and distractions, more insurance issues for mom, work out and quiet time early, got dinner into the crock pot, ran on the treadmill, worked on mom’s laundry day collage, phone issues…I NEED A NEW PHONE…took pics of a flat lay for #Create28 and then never shared it; snuggled the stray Fluff, worked on my mosaic for #100DayProject, after dinner workout, and walk, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, so despite our 70* temps, we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter. 02.02.2021
- Breakfast out early this a.m., then ran errands – Goodwill, post office, the library and oil change, grown up responsible stuff; home to read blogs all afternoon – can’t get caught up; gorgeous weather with a high of 75*, took a walk, messed around in the yard a little, talked to Mom twice, worked a little on my Valentine’s Day wreath for #100DayProject, leftovers for din-din. 02.03.2021
- Up for a weight training workout, got PC off to work, then quiet time, breakfast, blog reading, goal writing for the month; sorted change to take to the bank, did sit ups and a run on the treadmill left me with pain in my chest, the second time in two weeks, cut 3 of my fingers on my left hand when my scrapbooking paper cutter went on a rampage, blood everywhere, Lauren called with a vaccine appointment for me on Sunday, ran by the library to pick up children’s books, then Walmart for more fabric for my Valentine’s wreath, got a call from a former principal I subbed for, asking me to sub the rest of the year in her library!!, Lauren ordered an EKG for me, which I picked up at Walgreens but the battery was dead, will get a new battery and try tomorrow, pizza for dinner, lazy night. 02.04.2021
- Time for weight training and a quick walking video before going for Paul’s second epidural, a single Xanax knocked him out well enough for them to do the procedure without inflicting too much pain, indulged in breakfast at iHop then PC napped on the couch and I purged files (actually week 20 for my decluttering schedule), my new phone arrived without charger so we headed to Walmart to get one, leftover soup for supper, I began shredding old files, then watched “The Dig” and our first episode of “Bridgerton,” Mom didn’t know who I was and called me by my father’s sister’s name. 02.05.2021
Singing the New Phone Woes
- Tough day with lots of little complications as we set up my new phone…silly that something like that can turn my day upside down but it did, thought I lost all my steps for my StepBet challenge but they showed up at the last minute, late lunch at Casita Linda’s, walk around the outlet mall and Academy, home for popcorn and “Bridgerton.” 02.06.2021
- Awake early, breakfast, made my Favorite Treats for My Sweets pie, took a walk and ran on the treadmill, met Lauren at the coliseum for our first Covid vaccines, everything was handled so well, very organized, felt very safe; only a very slight headache afterward, took another walk, worked on my mosaic, watched the first half of the Super Bowl then made queso and a shrimp ring to have with our pie, Facetimed with Brennyn and messaged Danielle, Buccaneer win, up to bed early. 02.07.2021
- Happy birthday, Kevin!! Didn’t want to get up for quiet time, but God niggled me; did a quick walking video, breakfast, smoothie, over the mountain to help with my girls…Cami ran to me!!; enjoyed playing with both until time for school, popped in Hobby Lobby for first birthday frames for Cami’s photos, spent hours on the phone with Mom’s insurance company again, still no satisfaction; shredded the rest of the old papers from our files, worked on my mosaic and Valentine’s Day wreath, phones were out in Mom’s apartment complex, Hamburger Helper for dinner, quick after-dinner walk, game night on TV. 02.08.2021
Mornings with My Pumpkin Pies
- Hectic day…early a.m. workout, over the mountain to help with the girls, took Cia to school after a hearty round of bunnies, kept Cami home because she was sneezing, and coughing, we played, took a walk, shared breakfast and got good snuggles while I gave her a naptime bottle, met PC at the spine doctor, they are going to proceed with 3rd epidural and then evaluate him from there, home to start calling Mom’s insurance, made some progress on some of the issues, did a work out and run on the treadmill, HelloFresh shrimp tacos for dinner, blog writing before bed, have a bit of pig snout in the photos. 02.09.2021
- Refused to get up early today, then had to scramble to get out the door and over the mountain, got Lucia dressed and fed and to school, she is so much fun, Cami stayed home again but Francisco took off work to be there with her, ran to Target and bought 2 things I didn’t need but really liked, worked on little note cards, folded laundry, broke down the big boxes from our gym equipment and got the recycling truck to take it, fixed Salisbury steak in the crock pot for dinner – always good, walking workout and TV before bed, my book, The Midnight Library, is disturbing me or… maybe just making me think! 02.10.2021
- Over the mountain again today, hectic morning getting babies ready, fed and to school, had cooked a ham and potato soup for our dinner and Cami to try in the crock pot all night, fed Cami some for breakfast, took our change to the bank and we had a whopping $327 – no wonder there’s a change shortage in the country – it’s been in our closet; stopped on my way home to snap some photos for my challenge, ran on the treadmill, worked on my mosaic, soup for supper, skipped our evening workout. 02.11.2021
Dealing with Mom’s Health Insurance is Making Me Sick
- PC’s Friday off, I helped with the girls and my Prince did some baseball practice with his coach, stopped for a quick tour round Whole Foods, made some phone calls for Mom’s insurance, then we walked up McKelligon Canyon and stopped for Brown Bag Deli sandwiches, a woman begging outside the restaurant asked PC for money for food, he offered to buy her a sandwich but she said she wanted money for Taco Bell!!!; snacks for supper, finished “Bridgerton.” 02.12.2021
- Morning work out, walked the outlet mall then met the kids at Aunt Anne’s pretzel or as Lucia says “Prenzel World,” walked around the mall with them for 2 hours – we were exhausted from carrying, playing with, chasing the babies, home for soup leftovers, worked on my wreath and early to bed. 02.13.2021
- Awoke at 3:00 am to sleet, then snow by 4:00, up again at 8:00 and our world was a winter wonderland, and very cold, work out and walk in the living room, pancakes for breakfast, snow fell most of the morning, scrapbooked with Valerie but didn’t make much progress, walked around the block to admire the snow, ordered pizza for dinner, played Upwords and Yahtzee, called for Fluff all night and finally at 10 pm, she appeared and we were able to put her in the laundry room to stay warm all night. 02.14.2021
- So cold this morning…kept Fluff in the laundry room until early afternoon, Snick guarded the door, ate cereal for breakfast did a weight work out and walk, headed to Whole Foods to shop for charcuterie board goodies, love photographing things there, the snow was beautiful everywhere, fixed parmesan meatball soup in bread bowls for dinner, Brennyn in Ft. Worth and Valerie in Houston have been without power, Mom sounded pitiful, on the verge of falling apart tonight, watched TV and wrote my recipe swap blog post tonight. 02.15.2021
More Insurance Tribulations
- Everyday lately begins with phone calls and paperwork trying to get my mom’s insurance issues straightened out, new issues arose today, her address wasn’t changed on her credit card or financial statements in June when she moved, but the companies involved won’t let us change it; worked on writing letters about that and sending Powers of Attorney out to those companies; quick trip to Walmart for cilantro for supper, mailed correspondence for mom and some little note cards and saw my ex-husband John which shook me up, did laundry, sit-ups and leg exercises, scrapbooked with Valerie, made sesame soy ground pork and basmati bowls for dinner, blog reading tonight. 02.16.2021
Dressed Up But Nowhere to Go
- Spent the morning in my fashion haus for the Ageless Style post, was fun to put on these magnetic false eyelashes, fix my hair and get dressed up today, even used my good camera for pictures; so happy I could fit into my H&M faux leather skirts (exact, similar), worked on my mosaic and note cards, ran to the post annex yet again to mail more paperwork for my mom’s insurance issues – it is never ending. 02.17.2021
- Tried all morning to get my Disney tickets to no avail, helped my brother with phone calls trying to get Mom’s address changed on several of her accounts; Mom does have another UTI which explains her emotional state, will start medicine tomorrow, hot dogs and left over parmesan meatball soup for supper. 02.18.2021
Decluttering and Cleaning Goals
- Took Valentine’s Day decor down, cleaned out all of the kitchen cabinets and washed them with Murphy’s oil soap as part of my decluttering and cleaning goals, finished listening to The Midnight Library, Brennyn helped me get my Disney tickets – she has asked us to go with them in March but PC doesn’t want to go anywhere until he goes to Ohio to see his mom but I need to spend time with Brennyn and fam, scrapbooked with Valerie for a few hours, played basketball with PC and took a walk around the neighborhood, Subway sandwiches for dinner, worked on my bucket list update before bed. 02.19.2021
- Good first day of the weekend with a walk along the mountains, lunch at Taco Tote, run to the outlet mall where I bought Cady some clothes, enjoyed a soak in the hot tub at sunset, charcuterie board and wine for game night; I beat PC at Upwords, great news before bed…Mom can finally have visitors – 1 at a time – in her apartment, this has been a very long time coming. 02.20.2021
- Darn good Sunday: Kevin got to visit my mom for the first time in her apartment, praise God, and Val and I got to see her through Facetime; attended Sunday School through Val’s church with Roby leading class, walking workout with Paul, over the mountain to babysit my dolls while Lauren and Francisco went to lunch, we played in the park and made pinecone bird feeders, after baseball practice, Paul came to help me; Casita Linda’s for dinner, watched “I Care a Lot” on Netflix. 02.21.2021
- Couldn’t get up for QT this morning, so behind all day; got stuck on hold for several phone calls, one to TRS about how many days I can sub in a vacant position, another trying to get information on whether Mom’s insurance has been reinstated; laundry, worked on my mosaic, scrapbooked, did a strength training workout and ran on the treadmill, PC came home for lunch and we shot baskets at the park, beautiful spring-like afternoon, HelloFresh for dinner, Mom said she had a really good day!! 02.22.202
- Another good day…got up for quiet time and that always makes the difference; changed sheets, cleaned our bedroom and bathroom, started working on putting my recipes into paper protectors (declutter assignment week 5), then into my notebook, made some progress on my mosaic, listened to my latest book, The Missing Letters of Mrs. Bright (great read and $3.99 for Kindle version), oiled the kitchen cabinets, got a call from the principal’s secretary at Rose Guerrero Elementary asking me to sub 2 days a week for the rest of the year in their library, ran to Walmart to get cake mix for PC’s birthday and the cookie dough ice cream he requested, vacuumed the house and will mop tomorrow, sent out book summaries for our March book, Mom sounded good again today, for today life is very good. 02.23.2021
- Upside down day because I didn’t get up for QT, just have to do that!!; still accomplished some things, loving the time I am spending on my mosaic, did a bit on my scrapbooking page, finished organizing my recipes, mopped, took a walk in the desert – the weather was divine and I even saw a bloom on a budding tree – listened to my book, started reading a children’s chapter book, worked on getting my login for the library circulation program, hair cut, PC brought home Taco Bell. 02.24.2021
- Quiet time and a quick workout before heading over the mountain to help with my girls, snuggles from both, took Cia to school but Cami stayed home again with tummy troubles, stopped at Hobby Lobby and noticed they seem to be getting rid of all of their scrapbooking supplies; blog reading all afternoon, feeling really tired, Frito pie for dinner, “First 48” on TV tonight. 02.25.2021
Life’s Little Frustrations
- Paul had his second epidural scheduled for 8 am, we did a quick workout before heading to the Pain Management Clinic only to learn that because he just had his first Covid vaccine, he couldn’t have his epidural for 2 weeks, at which time he will have his second vaccine and further postpone his epidural; when we returned to the car, I realized I had left the keys in the car, and although it shouldn’t have locked, it did; expensive taxi ride home to get our keys, run through the outlet mall, Cabellas, Hobby Lobby; took a nap after all that excitement, snacky supper, bed time before long; post man put my packages in the parcel box but gave the key to someone else and I’ve lost my items…AGAIN, drove around Ft. Bliss checking the lighting at night on the buildings PC is security manager for. 02.26.2021
- After breakfast, we took a walk to look for the kitty we and the neighbors have seen with the cone around its head, I took scissors, gloves, and layers of clothes to try to help him but couldn’t find him, ran on the treadmill, showered and off to Hobby Lobby to get PC some models so he has projects to do while I do mine, met the kids and Lauren at the zoo, walked around for 2 hours, the zoo is greatly improved, Lucia asked the leopard if it was happy; Casita Linda’s for dinner, home to watch “Halt and Catch Fire.” 02.27.2020
Happy Birthday, Baby
- Happy birthday to my Prince Charming and knight in shining armor. I love you so much. Day didn’t go as planned; walk to look for the kitty with the cone on its head but no luck, lunch, then PC went to baseball practice and I met Lauren for our second Covid vaccine, had planned to go by the baseball field with beer, soda, snacks and cookies for the team but it took forever for us to get our shot, so by the time I got to the field, no one was there but Paul…boo; soaked in the hot tub and caught up on phone calls, PC talked to Matt, I talked to my mom and Brennyn, snacky supper, birthday cake and more “Halt and Catch Fire” before bed, feeling a little achy but not bad. 02.28.2021
And that’s my February in a…well, in more than a nutshell!! Here’s a 30-sec summary.
Tell me true, how was your February? Are you glad to pack it away or sad to see it go? I am anxious for spring and in just 20 days it will be here. Whether it feels like it or not!! Please share your February update by linking up with us or leaving me a comment below.
On 03.21.2021, I will share my final winter bucket list update and reveal my spring bucket list. Will have a Currently post up on Wednesday and need to get my Wellness post together that should have gone live yesterday. Except I wasn’t feeling well…ha!! Had my second vaccine and was a little achy and under the weather.
Don’t forget that we have 10 on the 10th…guess when? You know it, on 03.10.2021. Our prompt is 10 things to love about spring. Join me!!
Hugs and kisses,