Glad you could join me for Sentence a Day, 02.2019. I really treasure this series because so much can and does happen over the month, and these recaps serve as reminders how far we have come. Glad to have discovered Rebecca Jo at Knit by God’s Hand and this series.
But this month, I struggled to write my sentences. And have no explanation as to why. Hope I can do better this month.
Sentence a Day, 02.2019
So, here’s how my February looked.
- Slow start to our Friday off, looking for new recipes, making a grocery list, then off to the gym, commissary, and 4 hours later, home for a quiet night of blog reading and TV watching. 02.01.2019
- Baseball season has begun…PC had his first practice game, played 3rd, right center, catcher and made his pitching debut, home for a soak in the hot tub followed by dinner at BJ Brewhouse (thank you, Kevin, for the gift cards). 02.02.2019
- Super Bowl Sunday but not excited about either team, even though I lived in New England as a child, rode bikes to the gym, made brisket and poppers for our ball game feast. 02.03.2019
- Monday off…accomplished much including writing on Boxes from Betsy (gotta think of a better name), a walk in the sunshine, jog on the treadmill, lots of blog writing, 3 hours of ironing and “The Bachelor” to cap off the evening. 02.04.2019
- How long have I been doing SaD – and all of a sudden, I can’t remember to write my sentences; first day of inventory at work meant lots of climbing up and down on a step ladder and lots of unfolding and refolding clothes, gym, and smoked turkey sausage for dinner. 02.05.2019
- It rained all night long and as a result, I didn’t want to get up, inventory again at work, my brother called to tell me Harold had died, the 96 year-old gentleman, WWII veteran, and family friend we all loved at my mom’s apartment complex; my mom has eaten breakfast with him almost everyday for years, and played Bingo with him 3 times a week; Mom and all of us are very sad but I’m thankful I was able to spend some time with him last visit to Kentucky. 02.06.2019
- Whew, inventory is whooping up on me…lazy when I got home from work, wrote on my story for Grammy’s Grid short story link-up which was kind of fun. 02.07.2019
- Well, the inventory is behind us – hallelujah – had to speed up my butt because I was taking too much time refolding all of the clothes and adding new ID labels to everything but got ‘er done and my shelves look so neat and well organized, if I do say so myself; ironed and finished “Sharp Objects” – if you watch, be sure to continue watching through the credits on the final episode; gym and brisket leftovers for dinner, then watched “Abducted in Plain Sight” – you aren’t kidding – what were her parents on? 02.08.2019
- Happy birthday to the best brother any gal could have…I love you, Kevin. 02.08.2019
- Hardly left the house today…lots of blog reading in the morning, a little quick housekeeping, pleasant soak in the hot tub when PC got home from his baseball game, brisket leftovers again for dinner. 02.09.2019
- Homebodies again today; the weather was cool, gray and rainy so we drove to the gym rather than riding bikes, grilled steak and shrimp for dinner, blog reading and writing before bed. 02.10.2019
- I like days like today…put out a small fire for mom, had blood work done for tomorrow’s endocrinologist’s appointment, cleaned house, did all the laundry, wrote on my story, got ALL of the ironing done, homemade soup for supper, watched Trump’s visit to El Paso from the comfort of our own reclining sofa, and “Bachelor” to follow.
- Weird day at work with the electricity going out twice, quick trip to Hobby Lobby to order a shadow box for my father’s christening gown and other babies things, appointment with my endocrinologist – had only gained a pound, what??? since October, can’t be right – celebrated with pizza for dinner. 02.12.2019
- Restless night worrying about PC’s back injection today but it went well and indicates he will need to have the nerves in his lower spine burned, had breakfast – pancakes, always good after medical procedures like back injections and hysterectomies – at Village Inn then home for a nap and a quiet afternoon. 02.13.2019
- Happy Valentine’s Day…but we are celebrating this weekend; slowest day EVER at work, hair cut and color…darker with auburn highlights, met PC at Casita Linda’s for dinner, good convo with mom. 02.14.2019
- Roller coaster day starting with a leisurely morning, then gym workout but PC irritated me, he wanted to know my plans for our VD celebration but when I told him we were spending the night in a hotel downtown he made a whining, disapproving noise, which made me sad, mad and want to just forget the whole thing. He can be so unthinking sometimes, rude and insensitive. 02.15.2019
- Still feeling frustrated with PC as he left for baseball and I met a friend for breakfast; talked things out after the game then headed out for our little getaway, had a lot of fun in the Escape Room, drinks and dinner after, beautiful room in Hotel Indigo. 02.16.2019
- PC was awake before 7 am…waaaaa, was hoping to sleep late…planned to have breakfast then go to church but wound up reversing things…best laid plans…because the streets everywhere were blocked for a marathon, great message at church, 55+ breakfast at iHOP, walked around the outlet mall, watched “Alita” at the theater, home to be with our kitties a bit before heading out the gym, dinner, hot tub soak. 02.17.2019
- Slept in a little bit, breakfast and then scrapbooking/Skyping with my sister Valerie, used my Cricut and did a 2-page spread of pictures from Germany, gym, and potato soup for supper. 02.18.2019
- Back to work today, tough work out at the gym, tracking my WW points, cleaned out my dresser drawers without a whole lot of purging but they sure look pretty. 02.19.2019
- Home from work to meet with 2 concrete specialists about…our pool…bet you thought the issues had surely been resolved by now, but au contraire mon ami, the cracks are still there and just getting worse, and these gentlemen confirmed what we have been told over and over and over…our pool has structural problems; if we could just get the pool company to help us! 02.20.2019
- Stepping up our game at the gym is exhausting but so good for us; work, dentist appointment, leftover potato soup for dinner, potential for a winter storm tomorrow. 02.21.2019
- Did a quick clean of the house, ran to MedPost to get meds for what feels like a UTI, my hubs came home early so we ran to the gym for a light workout, and Chipotle bowls for dinner, then I attended the women’s “Crafted” event at church and met some very sweet ladies at a table where we all worked on vision boards. 02.22.2019
- COLD and windy morning until the sun came up and then it was as if the winds were switched off, but not after damage to our roof overnight, PC’s baseball game was canceled due to winds and rain, so we ran a few errands, then stopped at Red Lobster for soup and salad before having a quiet evening at home. 02.23.2019
- Quiet Sunday hanging out at home this morning after blueberry pancakes and sausage for breakfast, PC repaired the area of missing shingles on our roof after Friday night’s wind storm, easy work out at the gym, stopped at the theater for a bucket of popcorn to enjoy while watching the Oscars. 02.24.2019
- I treasure these Mondays off for accomplishing things, having time to myself, moving at a slower pace, sleeping a little later – all of which I did today, along with a good gym workout in my new skirted workout leggings, chicken enchiladas for dinner and my favorite show on TV tonight. 02.25.2019
- Back to work where it was colder inside our unheated building than out in the parking lot. 02.26.2019
- Out the door early to take PC for his second set of shots on his lower spine, breakfast at Village Inn, then home to tuck him in, and I headed to work, he slept most of the afternoon, I dusted and oiled all of the pictures and art in our bedroom, the ceiling fan, sorted through the bathroom cabinets as part of my master bed/bath purge. 02.27.2019
- Happy birthday, to my P. Charming, who is now old enough to qualify for the senior discount at Souper Salad, up early to bake his b’day cake before work where I posted some fabulous shoes, met my new friend Marisol for lunch at Thyme Matters – we have much in common – quick run for gift cards for PC, he is so hard to buy for, pizza for the birthday dinner and yellow cake with chocolate icing and sprinkles for dessert. 02.28.2019
Ended the month on the upswing! Just the way I like it.
Was February a good month at your house? How has March started out? Would love to hear your review of the month in a comment below or link-up your blog post with us. And if you haven’t participated in Sentence a Day in the past, but would like to, start writing your sentences and then join us to share them on the first Tuesday of the month.
Thank you for swinging by during your day today. I appreciate YOU! Make it a blessed Wednesday.