Hello, dear ones!
Welcome to “Sentence a Day, 02.2018”. If you are new to Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After, “Sentence a Day” is a monthly series where a number of bloggers share a review of our month written in one, often run-on sentence a day. Click on the month to read my December and January posts.
Sentence a Day, 02.2018
To be honest, writing my sentences this month was a struggle for me. Several times, I had to double up and write for more than one day in order to get caught up. Which defeats the whole purpose. But guess what? A new month is upon us with an opportunity to do better.
Here’s a litte bit about my February 2018.
Off to a Good Start
- Yay for new months full of hope and promise and lots of fun things to do. 02.01.2018
- Yay for a Prince Charming who helps me with projects I can’t do right now with this orthopedic ball and chain on my broken foot…things like standing on the kitchen counters to take down the winter decorations, helping me hobble out to the desert to photograph the word “neglected”, walking up to Subway to fetch dinner so I don’t have to cook. 02.02.2018
- What a sweet day listening to John Denver on my record player while putting up my Valentine garland and baking my grandmother’s cinnamon rolls, nostalgic tears spill over onto my cheeks; hot tub, dinner at our favorite mom-n-pop Mexican restaurant, pop corn and “Peaky Blinders” til bedtime. 02.03.2018
- Crazy warm weather continues making it wonderful to be out on the patio; cheered the Philadelphia Eagles to their first Super Bowl win. 02.04.2018
Germs, Germs, Everywhere
- My Prince is sick so we enjoyed a quiet day at home together, working on my wreath, putting away my winter decorations, eating the cheesy hamburger sliders I made but we didn’t eat for Super Bowl yesterday. 02.05.2018
- Have had a change of perspective about my foot…have decided that the purpose of my broken foot was to slow me down and help me to find peace…which is my word for the year…and for the most part, it’s working. 02.06.2018
- Difficult day – my Lauren had many blood tests done after an appointment with her new rheumatologist and the results indicate she has some serious health issues; baby Lucia is sick again, too, with another ear infection. 02.07.2018
- PC is just now feeling better after 4 days off from work and being lazy around the house; happy birthday to my baby brudder Kevin! 02.08.2018
- My PC returned to work and it was a little lonely around the house, we curled under the covers to watch an episode of “Peaky Blinders” before bed. 02.09.2018
Early Valentine’s Day Weekend
- Groupon hot stone massage followed by I-Suspect mystery dinner; good food, fun and front row seats to the murder that took place at our feet. 02.10.2018
- My sweet PC drove me all over El Paso so I could take photos for this week’s 52Frames architecture prompt, used Walmart’s grocery pick-up service again – too easy – then planned to go to a movie but my foot was hurting, so we wound up just staying home. 02.11.2018
- Good news, my foot is healing…doctor prescribed three more weeks in the shoe but I can begin doing whatever doesn’t hurt, so we took a walk this evening! 02.12.2018
- Started cleaning house after three weeks of just looking at the kitty fur and dust bunnies, smells good and looks better. 02.13.2018
- Finished the house, and a little decorating, found the cutest spring/Easter bunny pillows at Marshalls, made my PC a red dinner for Valentine’s…spaghetti and meatballs, red wine, apple pie and gave him a turn two baseball tee…I received flowers, an apple necklace to wear when I work and a diamond necklace to wear when I am home. Wow!! 02.14.2018
- Enjoyed a visit from Metra and Mark (Kentucky fam) who we took on a mini tour of El Paso during our first rain since 12.2017; Lauren had a doctor’s appointment which confirmed the likelihood that she has a couple of serious life-long illnesses, more scans to be run to determine to what extent. God, please strengthen and comfort her. 02.15.2018
- Our company left at sun-up but because I was awake worrying much of the night, PC and I went back to bed for a few hours; yesterday’s rain continued through tonight making it the perfect time to see a movie, “The Shape of Water”, which was strangely entertaining. 02.16.2018
- Home body today, with the exception of a 15 minute trip to the gym to ride the bike, I think this week’s stress caught up with me, enjoyed a nap on the couch. 02.17.2018
- Sunday funday…scrapbooking with my sister via Skype, What’s Apping with Lucia and Lauren in the Albuquerque snow, making pallet signs at I Painted That!’s wood and wine night with my Prince. 02.18.2018
- Yay, it’s back to the gym for me, Lauren’s CT scans have been scheduled, thank goodness for this new doctor, Panda Express for dinner, lying on the couch together to watch “Bachelor”. 02.19.2018
- Busy day…back on track with Miracle Morning, exercising at home and gym, cooking dinner, laundry, blog writing…Brennyn has an offer on her house and they are negotiating. 02.20.2018
- Painting class at Hobby Lobby, lazy afternoon, enjoyed laying on the bed with PC when he got home from work and watching “Office” reruns and giggling. 02.21.2018
- Worrying over my baby Lauren today as she goes for CT scans to try to determine the causes of her health problems, worrying over my grandbaby Cadence’s hiccups at school, Brennyn’s ups and downs in selling her house…Skyping with Lucia and Cady helped ease my tensions. 02.22.2018
- Lunch with my friends Nancy and Dolores at Buon Giorno, which is owned by one of my former students and where we ran into more teacher friends and the parents of former students. 02.23.2018
- Super day…quiet time working on my 52Frames photo while PC was at baseball practice, soak in the hot tub, Souper Salad for dinner followed by a play, “On Golden Pond” at the El Paso Playhouse…so well done. 02.24.2018
What Constitutes Hoarding?
- Sad, hard day…PC mentioned that I am sort of, kind of hoarding things…my seasonal decorations, my library lesson plans in notebooks, my books and he is concerned that I will fill every inch of our house with stuff…but I am so torn about what to part with. We don’t have any storage space, no attic, no walk-in closets except our master closet. I feel a blog post coming about this day. 02.25.2018
- Spent all day feeling hurt, and sad but got a lot of purging and cleaning done. 02.26.2018
- Feeling better again, organized scrapbooking supplies, wrapping paper, grandbaby furniture, made a SkinnyTaste lemon chicken dish in the crockpot. 02.27.2018
Happy Birthday, PC
- Happy birthday to my PC, who requested gorilla cheese sandwiches, tomato soup and apple pie for his birthday dinner…so glad he was born! 02.28.2018
Lest you think I may be featured on Hoarders in the near future, please allow me to clarify. I have my holiday and seasonal decorations in large tubs in a closet under the stairs. But because I have a lot of decorations, it has become a concern to PC that I will begin filling every empty space in the house with a plastic bin full of more decorations. I’ve assured him and assure you now, too, that is not going to happen. If we had an attic, these bins would easily go there. Or even in the garage, if we had more shelves. Hope that if you are envisioning a house full of clutter and chaos, I have dispelled that notion. I can cook in my kitchen! We don’t climb over anything except the occasional kitty to walk from room to room. There are no mountains of trash bags in every corner. Here’s a pic to prove that!
See all that floor? But I won’t be buying any more decorations for awhile. And spring cleaning has begun.
How was your February, friends? If you could summarize the month in a sentence, what would you say. Or maybe in 10 words? I think my 10 words would be broken foot, sick family, fun weekends, sad days, happy birthday. What would your words be? Leave me a comment below, pretty please or link-up your “Sentence a Day, 02.2018” post below.
As we move into March, I have a few new ideas for the ole blog. Hope to be able to share some of them in the next few days. Please come back for a visit soon.
Hugs and kisses,