Today’s post is a parting look at the last month of 2017. Sharing my December in a “Sentence a Day” and linking-up with a heavenly host of bloggers as they share theirs. If you have a “Sentence a Day” post, won’t you link-up with us below? And then mark your calendars as we continue this series into 2018, posting our sentences on the first Thursday of each month.
The first of the month found us winding up some projects around the house…actually, on the house.
- Finally able to wake up without contractors or painters knocking on the door; the house looks lovely with its fresh paint and even the pool looked pretty today. 12.01.2017
- Slept in a bit then ran errands to wind up Christmas shopping, almost. 12.02.2017
On the Road Again
- Early morning wake up to catch a plane for Kentucky, sad to say goodbye to my kitties but happy to see my mom and brother. 12.03.2017
- Nice to wake up in a room surrounded by things from my childhood and in my parents’ big bed where I would go as a little girl when I awoke from nightmares. 12.04.2017
- Breakfast with my mom in Lexington then on the road to Ohio, with a stop at the Dayton outlet mall and a well-stocked Loft Outlet store…such good bargains, beautiful things….but do I need more clothes?…pleasant evening with PC’s parents, Greta (SIL) and John (BIL). 12.05.2017
- The bitter cold wind blowing through central Ohio today had me buying $5 gloves at JCP when we took PC’s mother…the Queen Mum…shopping this morning, pizza, church and Christmas choir practice for a performance I won’t be here for on Sunday. 12.06.2017
- Feeling constipated and emotional today (TMI? TMI?), even after two stool softeners and everyone’s favorite home remedies (prune juice, probiotics, water, oranges) I am still ‘backed up’, visiting is hard on my body and my heart. 12.07.2017
- Successful day, if you get my drift; on the trip from Ohio back to Kentucky, stopped at the Dayton Outlet Mall and scored three blouses, a velvet tee and a warm cardi at Loft there, then on to my mom’s for Chinese and a scramble to figure out our cancelled flight home for tomorrow. 12.08.2017
- Although both flights home were delayed due to a rare dusting of snow in Atlanta, we arrived home when we were originally scheduled to and were completely lazy the rest of the day. 12.09.2017
There’s No Place Like It
- Laziness continued right through today allowing me to catch up on my blog reading and planning, begin the laundry and just enjoy being home. 12.10.2017
- I was all over the place today right here in my home…caught up on phone calls, email, laundry, worked on my Christmas garland, mailed Cady’s Christmas box, and played dress up in my fashion haus…back on Weight Watchers, too…already feel better. 12.11.2017
- Finally, the fall decorations are down, my kitchen cabinets are washed and oiled and tomorrow I will finally go to the grocery store again, after an appointment with a lawyer about the pool, back to running again, and another day on WW. 12.12.2017
- Met with a lawyer about the unresolved issues with the pool; made me nervous…the only time I visit a lawyer is to sign divorce papers…I dressed up for the occasion so PC wouldn’t get any ideas while we were there. 12.13.2017
Sharing the Love
- Blessed to be a blessing – took gifts to Sergio and Ariadna, the homeless children of migrant workers from my last school assignment, treated Lorena to breakfast, gathered food for the pantry at church, thankful that we have the means to help others. 12.14.2017
- Congratulations to my daughter Brennyn and her very own Prince Charming Mustafa on their engagement today…talk about romantic, a gondola ride proposal complete with rose petals, champagne and a beautiful ring and a big YES! 12.15.2017
Making a Dent on My Mini Christmas Bucket List
- Fun day…lazy morning then progressive dinner date with church in the middle…dinner at Pot Au Fue French restaurant, dessert from Bella Cora Bakery and drinks at TradeCraft where we talked and giggled and almost danced! 12.16.2017
- Accomplished a lot today, decorating inside and out for the holidays, working on my garland that has turned out to be quite the project, scrapbooked with my sister while Skyping, Bethlehem dinner and the Broadway version of “A Christmas Story: by candlelight, video-chatting with both daughters and grands. 12.17.2017
Deck the Halls (Clean Them First)
- Looking forward to seeing my Plumpies the end of this week; she has been so sick all fall with anemia and pica, and eye infections; just want to get her down for a good hug, finally took time to make my wish bottles (DIY directions, here) after three years!! 12.18.2017
- Scrambling today for last minute groceries and stocking stuffers, took the retainer fee to the lawyer representing us over our issues with the pool, attended the school district board meeting where Oralia, the volunteer who helped me so at Whitaker, received recognition as Volunteer of the Month. 12.19.2017
- Busy day cleaning upstairs, changing out our warm weather bedspread/curtains for our winter ones, hanging my Christmas fabric garland (read my how-to, here) and baking cookies…fell asleep with a feeling of accomplishment! 12.20.2017
- Cleaning continues downstairs and wrapping packages; pizza for dinner and blog reading and writing tonight. 12.21.2017
Getting on Our Fam Jam
- Baked sugar cookies to go with the peanut butter cookies and buckeyes from Wednesday, saw “The Greatest Showman” – Hugh Jackman can sing and dance; Lauren, Lucia and Francisco arrived at dinner time, but by bedtime Lucia had a fever of 103. 12.22.2017
- Baby girl rallied enough this morning for a visit to Santa where we were thankfully second in line, and where the bearded fellow commented that he wished all babies were like Lucia…merry Christmas music to our ears; enjoyed dinner at Olive Garden but little one’s fever returned this evening. 12.23.2017
- Bundled the kids off for Francisco’s parents’ house, then PC and I trekked up McKelligon Canyon for the first time in months, beautiful Sun City day, Chinese buffet for us for dinner and then our first annual holiday light scavenger hunt (find out how we fared, here). 12.24.2017
- At 1:45 am our house phone rang (yes, we still have one for 1 am phone calls), Lucia was inconsolable at her paternal grandparents’ home, sobbing, exhausted yet unable to sleep which had the kids piling everything back into the car and making the trans-mountain drive back to our house, where she was asleep in 10 minutes. 12.24 1.2.2017
- Our very late night had us almost interrupting Santa as he stopped at our house; Lucia slept until 10:30 which meant adjustments to the plans for Christmas dinner but by pushing everything up, we enjoyed an hour at the park, leisurely gift opening, nibbles and nap late afternoon and lots of playtime before eating at 7:00 pm. 12.25.2017 (Big shout out to my prince for being so flexible and helpful)
The In-between Days
- The kids spent the day at the Buendias’ so I had a chance to pick up around the house and scrapbook with my sister, using my Cricut to finish a layout from last Christmas, p.s. Mustafa proposed to Cady, asking her to be his step-daughter, she said YES! 12.26.2017
- Another quiet day with the kids across town until bedtime. 12.27.2017
- Fun day…playing with Lucia in the morning, Chico’s Tacos for lunch, a leisurely trip to Target, more sliding and swinging at the park, hamburgers on the grill for dinner, bedtime stories and snuggles with my favorite toddler. 12.28.2017
- My sweet Lucia makes me smile, when she left today for her other grandma’s house, she wanted me to go along, too, but PC and I had tickets for the Sun Bowl game and were accompanied by my nephew’s Flat Stanley doll for 70 degree sunshine and fun. 12.29.2017
- Entertained Lucia or maybe she entertained us? playing with my ‘jewels’ and dancing on the bedroom balcony; PC and I walked McKelligon Canyon with Flat Stanley, finished the day Skryping (scrapbooking + Skyping) with my sister and eating Panda Express for dinner until my girls returned for the evening. 12.30.2017
Out with the Old, In with the New
- Spent the day with PC, Lauren, Lucia and Francisco while missing Brennyn, Cady and Mustafa, so thankful for the year coming to close and the year shining bright before us; adios 2017. 12.31.2017
What was the theme of your December? Are you happy to set aside 2017 or sad to see it go? I have mixed feelings. But the arrival of a new year is always exciting and hopeful. As I shared in a recent post, going to try this word of the year business. Have always been kind of anxious and high-strung at times, but feeling that way much too often lately. Hoping to become more conscious of how I am feeling and why, and then relinquishing my worries to God. Keeping with that wisdom of letting go and letting God. My word for 2018 is peace. Found this blog post about choosing a word of the year by Dominee at Blessing Manifesting. So, if you were going to pick a word for the year, what would it be?
If you have a “Sentence a Day” post, please link-up with us below.
Would love to have YOU join this series for 2018. January has just begun so get started now! If you don’t blog, consider sharing your sentences or month’s highlights in a comment!
Wishing you a warm, snuggly January filled with great success at all you endeavor.
Hugs and kisses,