Bienvenidos to my wellness journey 2022, friends. Today’s post is the first installment of my monthly journey toward achieving improved health and wellness for the year, and for life. For over 3 years, I have journaled about my wellness goals here. And doing so has helped keep me more accountable. Last year at this time I started out in a big way but six months later, I had stopped updating my progress. I struggled to find the will to exercise and eat well. Lost interest in doing some of my favorite things. Hoping to get back on the bandwagon with a fresh start this year.
My Wellness Journey 2022
Again this year, I am dividing my wellness activities and aspirations into a handful of categories. Hoping to make the whole mind, body and spirit healthier. By sharing my journey here with you, I might even – hopefully – inspire you to begin or continue your own journey!
Here are my goals.
WELLNESS GOALS 2020
The goals I set for myself the last 3+ years have been pretty well all encompassing; goals for exercising, diet, staying well in addition to mental, spiritual, relationship and financial wellness. This plan has served me well in the past. So at the risk of being redundant, here are my wellness goals for this year. And as in years past, I will be rating my progress on a scale of 1-5.
- Lose Covid weight: about 5 pounds would be perfect. Was 141.5 when I tracked for Weight Watchers today. My WW lifetime goal is 138 pounds but at 136, my clothes fit so much better.
- Workout 4 times a week: have sadly gotten away from any regular exercise other than walking since autumn. Have to get back to doing our weight training video workouts, and using our mini-gym in the garage.
- Walk everyday: walks in nature whenever possible. Participate in StepBet challenges. Hikes.
- Track weight Watchers points: track my points at least Monday-Friday.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: incorporate new recipes for vegetable side dishes to our menus. Reach for fruit rather than carbs.
- Alcohol and sweets on weekends: return to making Saturdays my indulgence days.
- Quiet time: at least M-W-F, getting up early to do it first thing. Continue with my gratitude journal at night.
- Get back to church: we have struggled to get back to going to church in person since the pandemic began. I want to get back to going as it feels safe to do so, at least twice a month.
- Add verses to blog posts: find Bible verses to support the themes of my blog posts whenever possible and share them on my blog.
- Wednesdays We Write: making this the year I write. Participate in #write28days challenge. Write on Wednesdays. Use Adventures in Writing: The Complete Collection, HopeWriters and prompts from Maria at the Krafty Planner.
- Weekly artistic activity: Bible journaling, collage crafting with Jennifer Chamberlin, scrapbooking with my sister, 365 Days of Creativity, photography with Photzy.
- Goodreads goal: meet my Goodreads reading goal for 2022.
- Plan a vacation or at the very least weekend getaway with PC: we are long overdue a special time together.
- Planned local activities with PC: plan purposeful activities and not let weekends come and go without having fun. Continue creating bucket lists. Winter bucket list coming soon.
- Strengthen relationships with Mom, my daughters and grandbabies: especially need to show love and spend time with Cady and Declan on Facetime or phone calls. Have dates with Lucia and Cami. Set aside special time for calls with Brennyn and Lauren. Call Mom every day on Viewclix.
PREVENTATIVE HEALTH MAINTENANCE
- Monday manis: give myself a manicure every Monday.
- Skin care: sunscreen, bedtime complexion routine, occasional facials.
- Routine health care: make appointments for routine checks – dental and vision checks, mammogram, cardiologist follow-up.
- Continue saving each month: saving a little each month.
- Save for Christmas and birthdays: invest in Christmas Club and save for birthdays.
- Watch spending: don’t pull the trigger on impulsive purchases. Keep Amazon spending to a minimum. Purge clothes to post on Poshmark.
Did you make any wellness goals for the year? Won’t you share them with me in a comment below? Maybe we can inspire one another toward a healthier 2022. And please stop by to check out the goals of my friend Juhli at A Boomer Girl’s Guide. We will be cheering each other on in our journey toward improved health.
Stay well, my friends. Thanks for coming by to visit.
Hugs and kisses,