Howdy pardners, thank you for joining me for the kick off of a brand new series from Texas with Love 01.2021. Hosted by my friend and fellow Texan Carrie at A Stylish Fit and lil ole me on the last Tuesday of each month. While neither of us are native Texans, we both got here as soon as we could. The theme of this month’s link up is All About YOU. We are inviting you to (re)introduce yourself to your readers and link up that post with us.
To be honest, I had planned to dust off my About Me page this month. Had even penciled it onto my new planner. So this prompt was perfectly timed for me. Was embarrassed to realize how long it had been since I had updated it. Happy to report that it has been brought current. Camila’s birth has been added and I adjusted everything to reflect all of the birthdays I’ve had since I originally wrote my About Me page. Please check it out, here.
For this inaugural post of From Texas with Love, we are hoping you will tell us about YOU!
Questions All About YOU
Here’s what we want to know. Things like:
- Where are you from?
- How long have you lived there?
- Who’s in your family?
- What do you love about where you live?
- Would you prefer to live somewhere else? If so, where?
- What’s something that makes YOU you-nique
Answers About Me
And to get you started, I’ll go first…here are my answers to the questions above.
Where am I from?
- I was born in Buffalo, New York. When I was 4 years old, my family moved to Boston. At the end of 5th grade we moved to Memphis. I lived in Tennessee until 1981, when I married my first frog and moved to the Republic of Panama where he was stationed in the Army. But I wouldn’t undo that marriage because it gave me my 2 very precious daughters.
- In 1984, we moved to Ft. Hood, Texas for a very brief stint before my then-husband re-enlisted for another 3-year tour in Panama. Finally, in 1988, I made it back to Texas. El Paso, this time. And have been here ever since.
- This photo was taken on the day we left Panama for the last time. Not sure why I thought it was a good idea for the 3 of us to wear dresses on the long flight back to the states. Maybe because I was so darn excited to be moving out of Panama and heading to Texas!!
How long have I lived here?
- I moved to El Paso in the fall of 1988, so I have been here – oh, no, math. Ummmm, 33 years. Oh my gosh! That is a long time.
Who’s in my family?
- In my house, my home, there’s just my Prince C. and our kitties Purrsimmony and Purrsnickitty. And the stray kitty we feed every day, Fluff.
- But my family would also include my daughter Brennyn, her husband Mustafa and their daughter Cadence.
- And my daughter Lauren, her husband Francisco and their daughters Lucia and Camila.
What do I love about El Paso?
- From the day we drove into town in 1988, I fell in love with the Franklin Mountains.
They were so majestic. I loved the desert vegetation (cactus) after having lived in a rainforest for so long. The climate is pretty terrific, too. I mean, we’ve had 70*F January days, snow in October and March, and I’ve sunbathed in February and September. But best of all, the people make the city of El Paso a wonderful place to call home.
Would I prefer to live somewhere else?
- Live somewhere else – no. But I could get behind having a cabin in the mountains and a cottage on the beach.
What’s something that makes me you-nique?
- The love of my family. My life experiences which include some really crazy things. And a few things I mentioned on my About Me page. Hope you will check it out, here.
So, have YOU ever been to Texas? If so, tell me a little about your visit. Then it’s your turn to share your answers to these questions. Either in a blog post of your own or in a comment below. Be sure to mark your calendars for the next installment of from Texas with Love, coming to you on the last Tuesday of February, 02.23.2021.
Thank you for visiting today, sweet friends. Hoping your week is off to a healthy start.
Hugs and kisses,