HaPpY hUmP dAy, fRiEnDs! And more than that…Happy New Year and New DECADE! Linking up with Anne in Residence for Currently 01.2020. The first post of this shiny new year. Also sharing my winter goals and my progress on my autumn goals, you can review them, here.
Anne sends out the month’s prompts and then we all write a post around our responses. Love doing things like this. Remember The Blended Blog’s TBB Asks posts? They were lots of fun, too! And I am thinking I may revive them myself!
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click a link provided I may receive a very small commission. Thank you for your support!
This month we are responding to these prompts from Anne…what are we currently resolving, reading, cleaning, creating, and planning? I give you, Currently 01.2020, in ABC order…
Everything. Again. Funny how I clean things regularly. I blink. And they need to be cleaned again. Does that ever happen at your house? I just finished my spring cleaning 2019! And here I am planning my cleaning (no longer able to call it spring cleaning) for the new year.
For several years I have signed up with Taylor at Home Storage Solution for her Declutter 365: A Year Of 15 Minute Decluttering Missions. I would receive the day’s assignment and immediately – without even opening the email – to a folder in my email account. Last year, I planned to share some of Taylor’s tips and my decluttering efforts here, and that didn’t happen either. But guess what? Did you get the memo? It is a shiny new year, and this girl is going to try to get that plan in motion! Join me…click here to get your 2020 decluttering calendar and we can hold each other’s hand through this process.
Bonus…Taylor also hosts a weekly organization challenge. This first week of 2020 she’s jumping right in with kitchen organization. Having been a librarian to more than half my adult life, I consider myself pretty organized. But there’s room for improvement. As I declutter, too, I might need to rethink some of the ways I have organized our house. If you’d like to check it out, here’s the link to Week #1 Organized Home Challenge Kitchen Organization: Countertops & Sink. Been looking for a sink caddy and Taylor recommends this one.
A blogging schedule. Did better last year than I have in the past about blogging regularly. But this year, I want to do my posts ahead of time. Novel idea, huh? Not writing them as fast as my fingers will type and then clicking on ‘publish’ after typing the last period. Creating that schedule in my new agenda/planner.
Purrsnickitty would not move so I could photograph my planner. At least she is color coordinated with my quilt and the cover of the book.
The blog series I would like to host and those others host that I would like to participate in.
- Planning to continue my bucket list series. Created a mini Christmas bucket list, here. Now need to write up a winter bucket list for the remaining months of this season. Look for that on 01.21. Join me?
- Wellness Wednesday is going to become Wellness Weekend, and go live on the 3rd Sunday of each month.
- Sentence a Day on the first Tuesday of each month.
- Hope to continue World Through My Lens photography posts the beginning of each new month for the month prior.
- Tasty Tuesday at least once a month.
- My Fashion Haus will be open more often this year.
- The monthly decluttering post I mentioned above.
- At least one Thankful Thursday, Glossies Made Me Do It, Thinking Out Loud Thursday, and Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone and a Title Talk Book Review post each month. Oh, and Wordless Wednesday. Then there’s Style Imitating Art. The short story prompts. So many series, so little time.
Thank you for asking. My virtual book club is just this minute voting on our January read. If you are reading this before 01.03.2020, there’s still time for you to join our group. And cast a vote for this month’s book. Just let me know if you’re interested in joining us. We are a very casual, read-at-your-own-pace and discuss if you like kinda book club.
Right now I am trying to finish 2 books, The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo and The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms. And before Cady heads for home on Thursday, we need to finish reading Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier.
To make this the year I finish things. All those craft projects cluttering my loft. Half-written books. Half-read books. I made some progress on this effort in 2019 but there are still too many incomplete projects hanging around my house and taking up room in my head. This is the year that I resolve to…
Which also happens to be the title of a children’s book! Who knew? Guess it’s been awhile since I potty trained anyone.
That’s a wrap for Currently, 01.2020, so let’s talk goals.
Autumn Goals Update
Speaking of poop, I really poo-pooed on my autumn goals. It was a tough season. Nuff said.
- Finish writing “Boxes from Betsy” – ❌ Did kind of write the ending and some more of the in between but didn’t finish.
- Scrapbook Lauren and Brennyn’s weddings and Lucia’s birth – ❌ Have started on Lauren’s wedding. Boo.
- Vlog 2x a month – ❌ Got started with this and then, LIFE. Really want to pick this up again for the new year.
- Write 2 lessons for Teachers Pay Teachers – ❌ Not even one. I think maybe it is time to close the shop.
- Conduct my VIPKids demo lesson – ❌ Have decided to put VIPKids on hold until after we get Cami born and settled into life.
2020 Winter Goals
Finish. Declutter. Organize. Finish or flush. Over these next few months I want to concentrate on finishing my book. No, really. And making the brutal decisions about which craft projects I care enough to finish and which I am willing, however reluctantly, to pass on.
- Finish “Betsy” – Have been writing on it for far too long. Either I finish it this year or I quit all together. Don’t need the pressure of an unfinished story lurking in my subconscious.
- Declutter crafts – Bye-bye old cross stitch projects, barely begun paint-by-number kit, oodles of odd scrapbook paper and stickers.
- Purge clothes – Adios to all of the fall and winter clothes I haven’t worn in 2 years. Time for a hard look at my spring clothes, too.
- Organize blog – Get all of my series planned for the coming months, get posts written before the day of, maybe look into a face lift for the theme. Plan some vlog posts!
Need to strap on my roller skates and take my vitamins in order to get through my short but ambitious goals. Think a good thought for me.
What are you currently cleaning, creating, planning, reading and resolving?? Did you make a resolution of some sort other than my old standard ‘go to the gym and lose 5 pounds?’ What goals have you set for the season? Please share with me in a comment below. And then be sure to pop over to Anne’s to see what’s she up to. I am also linking up with Mother of 3 at My Slices of Life and Linda at Apron Strings and Other Things.
Happy new year, new decade, dear friends. Thank you for starting your year here with me. I appreciate your friendship.
Hugs and kisses,