Where did December go? One minute I was sitting down for Thanksgiving dinner and the next minute, I was scrambling to make new year’s plans. I missed out on Christmas completely – the decorating, putting up (and taking down) the tree, and didn’t wrap a single present. Feeling like Rip Van Winkle, as if I have been asleep for a month under a tree (not the evergreen variety, probably a big cactus) somewhere. Just now waking up.
This post should have gone live over a week ago, but I was still in my sleep-like trance then. Got home from caring for my mom in Kentucky at 2:00 pm on the 23rd and was in the car headed for Albuquerque at 4:00 pm that same afternoon. I have slept in so many different beds in the past 30 days, that I wake up every morning wondering where I am and which way to the bathroom. Wasn’t able to think much beyond the next 15 minutes some days much less come up with a list of activities for the whole season.
But things are better. Meaning, my mom is better. And for today, I feel like I can safely plan beyond tomorrow. So here goes…
My 2019 Winter Bucket List
You might remember, before the bottom fell out around here, I had created a mini holiday bucket list. Have a peek at that post to refresh your memory. I wasn’t able to complete everything on that list the way I had hoped. So will be moving a couple of those activities onto this 2019 winter bucket list.
These are the activities I am hoping to partake in over the next few months.
- Create a blogging schedule and follow it. I have a shiny new life planner created by blogger and life coach Ruth Soukup. Now to get my life to fit into those neat little squares!
- Have professional photos taken. Contacted one gal about having photos made. Ya’ll, I had no idea I needed to budget or work overtime to afford professional photographs! That’s probably why we’ve never had any taken. Going to call another photographer this week. Might have to postpone this til my ship comes in.
- Go on a backwards date. This was a mini holiday bucket list activity. Really looking forward to doing this with my sweet PC. But we are both sick this weekend.
- Try the Total Body Enhancement red light therapy booth at the gym. Had hoped to get started on my list with this easy activity but the machine was down. It’s brand new! How can it be out of service already?
- Read. More. I have a couple of books I’ve been struggling to read. Want to get back into the mind set where reading is enjoyable and not just something to cross of a list of things to do. Have started one of my books twice now. Hope it will make more sense the second time around.
- Finish scrapbooking Germany photographs, work on mosaic, cross stitch elephant and painting. Just as with the books I have been reading, I have lots of projects started but not completed. Really want to wind up some of these. I enjoy finding projects and crafts to do on Pinterest but don’t dare start something new until I finish up at least one of these that’s been hanging fire.
- Dress up when I go out anywhere. This is going to be a challenge. So often on weekends, we will leave the house to go on a walk in the canyon, or to workout at the gym and then run errands afterward. I know. Ewww. In our sweaty gym clothes. I need to up my game. Have a lot of clothes that I love wearing. A trip to the grocery needs to be worthy of getting cleaned up for.
- Try 3 new recipes. Right now nothing sounds good. Does that ever happen to you? Probably because we are sick. But when I was grocery shopping on Thursday, none of my regular recipes sounded good. Maybe I will host a casserole recipe swap, a crock pot recipe swap, an Instapot recipe swap in the new year.
- Lose the 5 pounds I found in Kentucky. While I was at my mom’s I didn’t eat that much but what I did eat wasn’t good for me. And many nights I found solace in a glass of wine. When I normally drink only a glass or two a week. Pretty sure that was part of the reason I gained 5 pounds. On the first days I was there, most of my time was spent sitting beside mom in her hospital bed…one day I walked a whopping 750 steps. But once we made the decision to move her, I would alternate between sitting with her and then sorting and packing and moving her things, sometimes until after midnight. On those days I reached my step goal handily.
- Take a course or class…photography, piano, painting, spinning? Remember how I signed up for the crash course in piano in the fall? And then it was cancelled. Want to take some kind of enrichment course this winter. But have to be here to take it! And I will be spending another two weeks in Kentucky toward the middle of the month.
So, that’s my list. Please come back on 01.21.2019 and 02.21.2019 for reports on my progress.
Won’t you join me by making a 2019 winter bucket list of your own. Share it on your blog and link-up with us or leave your list in a comment below or on my blog Facebook page, here. We can hold each other accountable! And better yet, cheer each other on.
Thank you, friends, for sharing this journey with me. You guys hold a special place in my heart and my life. I am thankful for the support and friendship you have shown me. Thank you!
Hugs and kisses,