It is December 1 (I know…what?), which means it is time to reveal my mini holiday bucket list, 12.2018. Writing to you from under the comforter on our king-sized bed where I have been struggling all day to stay warm. Have a bit of a tummy bug but still planning to run in that Claus and Paws 5K tomorrow, if the pizza my PC wants to order for dinner doesn’t kill me first!
I will be out of town for over a week starting next Thursday so had to keep that in mind in planning my bucket list. For that reason, kept things purposefully vague. Let me show you.
My Mini Holiday Bucket List, 12.2018
Here’s what I have in mind.
- Lights: The 4th annual Lights on the Lake kicks off this weekend. Ascarate ‘lake’ is more of a man-made ponding area than it is a real lake but it’s all the water we have ’round here. Unless you count the Rio Grande which is actually a tiny stream. Also want to do the Christmas light scavenger hunt. We had some fun doing it last year, my PC and I. Why don’t you join us? Snap a pic and create a collage of your favorites, then share 12.24.2018 on Instagram using #2018ChristmasLightScavengerHunt and comment with how many of the lights you were able to find. Here the prompts.
- Camera: Would like to have some professional photographs taken of the two of us. We have never done that unless you count the pictures we had taken at a church Valentine dance several years ago. So no professional wedding pictures or anniversary photos. Hope we can make this happen. This is a selfie we took at home before the dance. The dance where we didn’t dance. Well, I did. By myself. Boo hoo.
- Action: Making something for the holidays…a craft, a special recipe. Not sure what this looks like yet. Maybe making a special memory with my mom!
- Love: Have some ideas for this…was thinking a backwards date. Thought I made that up til I looked on Pinterest to discover there are other gals out there just as ‘clever’ as I thought I was.
- Magic: Do something magical for someone else in the spirit of Christmas.
In this post, I shared a couple other activities I will be participating in during the month. Everything might be complicated a little by being away from home, but what do they say? Where there’s a will… there’s a whole lot of extended family fighting over a meager inheritance. Or something like that.
What does your holiday bucket list look like? Won’t you share some of your plans in a comment below? Or, if you have a bucket list blog post, come link-up with us. Click on the frog below…maybe a prince will appear!!
Don’t forget, our Christmas 2018 Photo Challenge begins today. Our first prompt is an easy one – ‘selfie’.
Say cheese then share your mug on Instagram with the hashtag #2018ChristmasMoments. See you there.
Thank you for coming by. Enjoy your weekend, sweet friends.
Hugs and kisses,