Today my buddies and I are sharing updates on the progress we’ve made on our 2019 autumn bucket list. Hadn’t really looked at it since my bucket list reveal post, here. But I am pleased that we do have some progress to report!
2019 Autumn Bucket List
Off to a good start. But glad we still have 2 months of autumn to finish everything on my list. Fall weather is moving into El Paso in a big way this week, with back to back cold fronts. Lows will be in the forties and highs in the low 60s. Now I can wear those pullover sweaters and utility jackets without combusting.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click a link provided I may receive a very small commission. Thank you for your support!
ARTS AND CRAFTS
- Participate in a Dia de los Muertos craft or activity: ✔️ Attended a special event hosted by the El Paso Museum of History on Saturday with PC, my Princess Lauren and her Princess Lucia. We even made it onto the museum’s Facebook page!! Decorated a sugar skull – the last one they had – made marigolds for my altar and Cia and Buffy colored calaveras (skulls).
- Register for a Photography class at UTEP: Pending. Have registered for Basics of Digital Photography, starts on 10.22.2019 and meets on Tuesdays from 1:30 PM to 3:00 pm for 6 sessions, ending 12.04.2019. Looking forward to it.
- Sign Up for a Pottery class at Falcon Pottery & Art Studio: Pending. Forwarded from summer. This is a pottery studio in my neighborhood. Just hoping to try my hand at 3-dimensional art again. Haven’t done pottery since college.
- Attend a UTEP football game: Pending. This is an activity chosen by PC. There’s a game on 11.02.2019 against my alma mater the University of North Texas. Poor UTEP (University of Texas, El Paso) simply cannot play football. Hoping at least the tickets are cheap, the weather is beautiful and the beer is cold if we can’t hope for a win.
- Enjoy a progressive date: Pending. We have done this a couple of times. Lots of fun and a great way to try new-to-us establishments.
- Get a couple’s massage: Pending. My Prince strikes again. Hope we return to Woodhouse Day Spa. It was a bit of heaven on earth when we visited it for the first time this summer.
- See a good movie: Pending. Another PC activity. With emphasis on good. “Midway” is coming out on Veteran’s Day. We both enjoy war movies, so we are hopeful about it.
- Halloween adventures: ✔️ Last weekend we met up with the kids at the La Union, New Mexico corn maze and pumpkin patch. It was awfully hot for a day in October so we didn’t tarry too long. Meandered through a mini corn maze trying to ‘find’ Lucia, rode the hay wagon out to the pumpkin patch to select our pumpkins. There were so many beautiful ones: gourds, tiny pumpkins, white and blue and yellow and green and orange pumpkins. And a certain duo took a spill and fell on their gourds.
- Peruse AnnieMo’s Holiday Shop: ✔️ Delighted to be able to do this with Lauren this year. Much more fun going with my daughter over going alone. We both bought these artificial birch logs and picks to make our own winter centerpieces.
- Hike and complete nature scavenger hunt: ✔️ Carried forward from summer. We have gone on 2 hikes and I have forgotten to take the scavenger hunt sheets both times. Heaven help me! We did find a lot of what we were scavenging for but I want to take my cute sheets and cross things off as we find them. Dad gum my ditsy brain. Will try one more time to make this happen. If you would like to print a copy of the scavenger hunt sheet and do it with your family, please right click on this PDF file. I added some fall stickers to dress ours up a bit.
- Run…okay, jog a 5K: Pending. Registered for the YMCA Turkey Trot bright and early on Thanksgiving morn, 11.28.2019. Have started running at the gym in preparation.
FOOD FOR THE SOUL
- Donate items for animals at the shelter and food at church: ✔️ Partially complete. Brought forward from summer, at least the supplies for the animal shelter. We donated food to the church today. And I have given kitty food to my friend Lorena to help feed some strays her mom cares for. But will be making an official donation to the animal shelter.
- Paint rocks in Halloween/Dia de los Muertos theme and leave them around the community: ✔️ Another summer activity kicked forward into fall. I painted rocks like scarecrows and left them around the lake at the park where PC plays baseball. Coincidentally, that day there was a walk for ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease. Hope some of the walkers found my rocks. Have more rocks to paint for the holidays.
STEPPING OUTSIDE MY COMFORT ZONE
- Share at least 6 outfits from GYPO fall challenge for My Fashion Haus posts: ✔️ Partially complete. I have styled 3 outfits from a recent Stitch Fix box. Check me out, here! Have been enjoying the great looks from the Get Your Pretty On fall 2019 capsule wardrobe challenge. Will open up my fashion haus again this week and get another post together soon. Remember, Mommies and Mimis/Gabbas/Grandmas can be fashionistas, too!!
- Try new chili recipes – at least one in my Instapot, share for Tasty Tuesday posts: ✔️ Partially complete. Tried this recipe for easy chili in my crock pot. Made corn fritters to go with it, which were less than stellar. Looking forward to my second annual soup-stew-chili recipe swap and blog hop on 11.12.2019. Mark your calendars, you will be sure to want to stop by for that. At least a dozen gals linking up to share their recipes. Hey, are we Pinterest pals, by the way? You can follow me here and leave your Pinterest URL in a comment below.
There were a couple of things on my summer bucket list that I didn’t accomplish but didn’t bump forward onto my 2019 autumn bucket list. Happy to report we have worked on them even though they aren’t on this season’s list.
Swim at night or skinny dip. ✔️ No pictures to share but trust me, this activity can be marked as done. 😜
Begin changing kitchen theme. ✔️ Really can’t afford to start redecorating anything right now but I did buy new rugs for the kitchen. And I love them. Here I am posing with one of the rugs straight from my kitchen floor.
How are you coming on your 2019 autumn bucket list or list of activities? I really had no idea until I sat down to write this post what progress we had made. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. If you haven’t created your list, there’s still plenty of fall left, so come join us. Link up your related post below. Or have a look at the great ready-made fall bucket list shared by Maria at The Krafty Planner. You can print it off and get started now!
I want to add some of Maria’s activities to my list. Like an addendum. S’mores, bonfire, cocoa, pick a Halloween costume, collect pine cones, make pine cone bird feeders. Even if I don’t care for birds too much. They’ve got to eat, too!
Thanks for stopping in, sweet friends. Hope you will leave me a comment detailing your progress on any fall activities your gang has enjoyed. Have a quiet week.
Hugs and kisses,