Palsy walsies, it’s 06.10…so, it’s time for another installment of 10 on the 10th. Today we’re sharing our 10 favorite things about summer. Officially, we still have a few weeks left of spring. But here in El Paso we have had about a week’s worth of triple digit temps. Even breaking records for the earliest day of triple digit heat in El Paso’s recorded history. Looks like this summer might be a hot one!
And it will probably be a strange summer, unlike any other, if Covid-19 doesn’t hurry up and skiddadle. That being said, some of my favorite things about summer might not be doable this year. So, I decided to incorporate some of the things I have enjoyed over my many summers past. Cause who knows how summer 2020 is going to look!
My 10 Favorite Things About Summer
- Baseball games with fireworks afterwards
- Beach vacation or some sort of getaway (or at least daydreaming about it)
- Birthday celebrations and family reunions
- Catching lightning bugs (or ladybugs lately) and releasing them, of course
- Spending time in and around our pool
- More daylight with the sun setting after 8:30
- Outdoor activities like Shakespeare on the Rocks, Music under the Stars, Viva El Paso, water parks, amusement parks
- Patio dining at home or when eating out
- Slower pace of life – sleeping later and staying up later
- Wearing kimonos and shorts & sundresses and sandals
With the exception of the outdoor activities I enjoy, and maybe the beach vacation or getaway, I should still be able to relish in most of my favorite things this summer. Take that, Covid 19.
What would your list of 10 favorite things about summer look like? Do we share any of the same seasonable pleasures? Would love to have you leave me a comment with your top 10 or link up your 10 on the 10th post with me below.
On 06.21.2020, I will be sharing my summer bucket list. Hope you will start putting together yours and make plans to join me. And in case you are new to the 10 on the 10th link up, please click here to learn more. Linking this post up with myself…ha! But also with the great gals, Sue and Leanne, who host(ess) the Midlife Share the Love Party or #MLSTL. Please consider stopping by to visit them!
Thank you for popping in, lovelies. Have a HaPpY hUmP dAy!!
Hugs and kisses,