Hello sweet galentines! A look at the calendar confirms that it is time for 10 on the 10th 02.10.2021. Today we are answering 10 questions about love. Hope you will join me!!
10 on the 10th 02.10.2021
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it is only fitting that today’s post revolve around 💘LOVE💘. My Prince and I really don’t celebrate with cards and flowers and boxes of chocolate just because it is the 14th of February. I think it means more that we celebrate our love the other 364 days of the year.
10 Questions About Love
Here are the questions I posed for this month’s post. As always, please feel free to take them in your own direction. Just have fun with them!!
- When did you give your first kiss? How did you feel about it? At what age did you begin dating? I was in the 9th grade when I got my first kiss at a surprise party my friends had thrown for my birthday. It was the one and only time I played any kind of kissing game. The kisser was much more experienced – or at least seemingly so – than I was, and he went in for a French kiss to which I responded, “Eww, gross!!” and pushed him away. My reaction to being kissed has changed over the years. I went to my first dance with the son of my mother’s friend, Todd Coleman, in the 9th grade, too. It was an ROTC Valentine’s Ball. But we were not valentines by any stretch of the imagination. Just obedient children – he obeying his mother’s request to ask me out, and me obeying my mother’s request to accept. I met my first real boyfriend, Glen Butler in the fall of my junior year of high school. Our first dates were his parents or his older sister and her boyfriend taking us to the movies or out to eat. Glen turned 16 a few months later and that’s when we really began dating. Considering how strict my parents were about some things, they really didn’t have strict rules about dating!!
- What’s the best relationship advice? Is it something you’ve learned or advice that was given to you? It took me a few failed marriages to find one where this advice would apply. But with my marriage to Paul, we adopted the mindset that we are on the same team, PC and I. When you marry young, before you have children, you have an opportunity to build that team of two from the start. But when your marriage is the combining of lives (children) other than that of you and your spouse, it can be difficult to be a strong duo. Both partners come into the marriage with other allegiances that can interfere with the husband-wife relationship.
Romance and Healthy Relationships
- How romantic are you? What is a romantic gesture you have made in the past? I probably used to be more romantic. But it’s been kind of hard to be romantic during this pandemic. Hard to be impulsive. And hard to plan. Both. About 10 years ago, I planned a Hurray for Paul Day. Surprised him with an overnight get-away, massage, dinner in the New Mexico mountain town of Cloudcroft. Then 2 years ago for Valentine’s Day, I planned another one. Would love to be able to sneak him away for his birthday on 02.28.2021.
- What makes a relationship healthy? PC said that in a healthy relationship you can talk through things, and are happy together. I think it is a combination of spending time together and time apart, having many shared interests but maintaining your individuality to an extent, too. Which was something I had to learn over time. It’s good for PC to have baseball and for me to have my hobbies that we do independent of one another. I go to Paul’s games and he supports my crafting but I don’t play baseball with him and he doesn’t usually craft with me.
- What’s your love language? What is your partner’s or best friend’s? You can find out here. My love language has evolved. Once upon a time, it was physical touch. And I still need that but in retirement, and now in the midst of Covid, I have learned to do without some of the physical touch. Now days, words of affirmation and spending quality time speak more to me. PC says his love language is quality time.
- Who is one couple you know that you admire in terms of love? There are qualities about the relationships of family and friends that I admire but I probably like our relationship best!!
- Who is your favorite celebrity or fictional couple? I came up with these questions and yet this is a hard one for me. Ha!! Belle and the Beast? Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks in “Sleepless in Seattle”. Maybe Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell.
- Name a flavor or food you love. A scent you love. An activity you love doing? I love the taste of chocolate and chocolate in the Mexican sauce called mole. Patchouli is one of my favorite scents, sandalwood and bergamot. Hmmm, favorite activity – there are a lot of favorites – going to the movies is near the top, relaxing at the beach, hanging out in our back yard with family.
Love at First Sight
- Do you believe in love at first sight? Do you think people are made for each other as in soul mates? Love at first sight, no. But I do believe there can be a strong connection or spark that can quickly blossom into love. Not sure that we have one soul mate in this world.
- In a Covid-free world where money is no object, what would you like to do for Valentine’s Day weekend? Well, to be honest, I could do with a few days at the beach but my body isn’t exactly beach ready. Thank you, Covid. Actually, a winter storm is heading our way for the Valentine weekend. A snow storm that has us sleeping late, taking naps, playing games, working out, watching some movies on TV sounds pretty good to me.
Hope this 10 on the 10th 02.10.2021 has helped put you in the mood for love!! If you have a 10 on the 10th post, please link up your post with mine. Can’t wait to read your answers. And of course, if you don’t blog, you can jot down the questions and your answers and share them in a comment below. Either way, hope you will also stop by the blogs of some of the others to read their answers to this month’s questions.
For future reference, you can find the full list of 10 on the 10th prompts, here.
On 02.16, Tuesday, a group of gals and I will be hosting the Favorite Treats for Your Sweets recipe swap and blog hop. You’re invited, too!! So dig up that favorite family recipe to share with us then.
I am tickled to have been invited to join a great group of fashionistas for the revival of the Ageless Style series. We will be launching our first post on Thursday, 02.18. And our theme for that day will be sparkle and shine.
Thank you for stopping by!! Whatever your plans this coming weekend, hope they are filled with love.
Hugs and kisses,