I don’t know about you, but I need a little break from our “31 Days of Children’s Books”. A commercial, perhaps. Time for station identification, maybe? Or one of those occasional tests from the Emergency Alert System, minus the blaring alarm? I promise there is a book in this post, but just not til we review where I stand on my “Autumn Bucket List”. And bonus, my list had books on it, too, I think…
Let’s find out. Here’s my 16-item “Autumn Bucket List”. Originally submitted for your approval, here, (hmm, no mention of books).
Looking over the list, I see I have work to do. In my head, (there’s the problem, right there) I had mentally marked off more than half the list.
We can almost skip right over the first five things on the list.
- I have a lot of fall decorating done but I am not finished…finding that I need to stay home to decorate my house. Therein, lies the problem. I am gone more than I am home lately.
- I bought a garland to dress up before hanging so that is almost done. Almost.
- I found a pumpkin head – out here in Phoenix – for my scarecrow, so now I can finish that. When I get HOME.
- I have pumpkins but they aren’t decorated YET. From some reason, PC frowned upon my bringing them out here to Arizona to decorate during his World Series.
- And I have looked for a wheelbarrow all over El Paso, truly. And from the car window on my trips to Albuquerque, Las Cruces, and Phoenix. I have seen many great prospects as we zoom by junk yards and flea markets but not a one has jumped in the trunk to go home with me.
Next up, fantasy football draft.
- If I am being totally upfront, that was done when I made my bucket list. Thought I needed to have something on there I could be sure I would get done. These pics are from the after-fantasy football date at an arcade and pizza place.
This picture was taken during the draft. One of my team’s groupies whispering player suggestions in my ear.
I’m blaming my team’s disgraceful showing this year on her tips! Houston’s QB has not worked out well.
Next on the list is attend a UTEP football game.
- This hasn’t happened yet but there’s still a good chance it will. Just need to home or at least visiting somewhere that the Miners are playing.
Go on at least one hike.
- Got this in the bag – X2. The first was kind of accidental. WE (I) thought we were doing a 30-minute walk before getting ready for church Thirty-minutes turned into seven miles with one bottle of water between us.
- The second hike was more intentional. Also about seven miles. But this time we had plenty of water and even a picnic lunch.
Just weren’t prepared for a flare-up of plantar fasciitis (PC). The last two hours of hike were more hobble than walk.
And look what I found on this hike.
Not one but two wheelbarrows. In two different abandoned houses on our second hike. Can you believe it? Too bad my bucket list reads “Find and BUY a wheelbarrow…” I really like the one on the left. Wish I could find and buy one just like that.
Back to my list:
- Visit a food truck rodeo. Not yet, but it will happen. Just need to make sure PC takes his Nexium and takes Tums along.
Walkin the Groove and Glow 5K. Oh, yeah, baby, this gal ran the whole way. True some people’s running is other people’s fast walking but some people are also 58! Ran 3.2 miles in 34 minutes. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.
- Have fire in the fire pit. Stay tuned. Another thing we have to be home to do.
- Visit a Farmer’s Market and have breakfast out. Nope.
- Seasonal painting at “I Painted That”. You know it! We painted katrinas. And my social psychology major Prince painted better than his art education major wife.
- Attend a play at the El Paso Playhouse. Waiting for “Diary of a Young Girl” to open next month.
- Donate craft items to El Paso Children’s Hospital. Need to be home to go through my scrapbook paper and supplies. Have that in mind for this coming weekend.
- Donate canned food at church. Need to be in El Paso to go to church to donate the food. EE-I-EE-I-O
So, I have about half? of my “Autumn Bucket List” accomplished. Actually right on schedule for the half-way point of the season.
I started this post the evening of 10/17 but my computer had to do an update that ran until morning. Started working on it again this morning and it started another update. Then took my laptop with me to PC’s double-header (11 am-7 pm) but had no Wifi connection anywhere. So here we are, at the end of the 10/18 and I am just getting this post finished. And I haven’t even talked books yet.
I imagine reading all I have accomplished on my bucket list has worn you out as much as it has me. With that in mind, I am going to show you the cover of the book I planned to share today…so this can still be a “31 Days of Children’s Books” post, in theory anyway. And then tomorrow I will tell you all about the book. Will that work?
This book is just adorable. Hope you will come back tomorrow to find out what makes it that way. Let me click on publish before this day is over and I am a day behind on my posts.
See you tomorrow!
Hugs and kisses,