Where, oh where has this little month gone, girls? Where, oh, where can it be? This time 30 days ago I was in Kentucky and here I am back again. Hard to make progress on my bucket list when it includes date night activities with my PC and he’s there and I’m here. Or take a class when I’m not home to attend! All this to say, I don’t have a lot of progress to brag about. Let’s see where I am.
2019 Winter Bucket List, First Update
I am so confused…is this the winter of 2018 or the winter of 2019? Since winter began on 12.21.2018, seems like it should be the winter of 2018, huh? But then so much of the winter season is actually in 2019…January and February are both winter months. And even most of March, as spring doesn’t officially begin until 03.21.2019. So, I am going with winter 2019. Either way, I hope you know what I mean.
Here are the activities on my winter bucket list.
- Create a blogging schedule and follow it. I have begun. Sent an email out to all the gals about link-ups and series we are all hosting. Then penciled them all onto my Living Well Planner. Now to write blog posts and show up for each series.
- Have professional photos taken. Someday this is going to happen! Made an appointment to have photos taken early in January when Brennyn and Cady were here visiting, and Lauren, Francisco and Lucia were going to come down from Albuquerque. But the ABQ contention got sick. And Mustafa was unable to come with the girls from Ft. Worth, so we wound up canceling our photographer. Here is the tripod photo we took of all of us together in June. In the second copy of the photo, you can see who would have been missing if we had taken the photo as planned this month…those circled in red. Half the fam!
- Go on a backwards date. Need to be in the same town with PC to make this happen. But a lot of you (thank you) have mentioned being interested in this. I promise to share very soon. Maybe Valentine’s Day…in time to report back to you guys for the next update, 02.21.2019.
- Try the Total Body Enhancement red light therapy booth at the gym. Did this once. Not sure I noticed any huge improvement with one administration of this red light therapy. But will be trying it again.
- Read. More. Making good progress on my Goodreads reading goal of 33 books for 2019. Just finished Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. It was so good. Eleanor is quite the eccentric character, a lot like Don Tillman, who I fell in love with in The Rosie Project. Reading Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis right now and finishing It’s Never Too Late To Begin Again by Julia Cameron. Our book club is about to pick a new book to read. Won’t you join us? You can get in on the voting!
- Finish scrapbooking Germany photographs, work on mosaic, cross stitch elephant and painting. Well, no. Not yet. I do have my cross stitch up here to work on while I visit mom. Just need to get it out of the suitcase!
- Dress up when I go out anywhere. I have been doing this but in going back through recent photos, I have no proof to share with you! But will start taking more pics as testimony to that fact.
- Try 3 new recipes. Same old song and dance, have to be home to cook, to date, to go to the gym. Did make green enchilada chicken soup last week. Oh, it was good. And that was a new recipe but really want to get back on track with cooking.
- Lose the 5 pounds I found in Kentucky. Well, I am back in Kentucky and just praying I don’t find 5 more pounds while I am here.
- Take a course or class…photography, piano, painting, spinning? Guess where I need to be in order to accomplish this. And it’s not Kentucky!! Thinking I might try a spinning class while I am here. Used to love spinning and even became a certified spin instructor…and then LIFE happened.
Let’s see where that leaves me. Not quite at a big fat zero but not much better either. Let’s give me a 3 out of 10. At least I have begun working on 3 of the items on my list. I need to get my bootie back home and keep it there!
Are there any activities on your winter bucket list that you have signed, sealed and delivered on so far? Won’t you link-up your winter bucket list update post with us or leave me a comment on your progress below? Then come back 02.21.2019 and prepare to be astounded by amazing progress.
Last night the rain that welcomed me back to Kentucky turned into the most beautiful, silent snow. I was up several times in the night, snapping photos from the big bay windows of my mom’s old apartment. Never cease to be dazzled by those feathery flakes dancing from the sky. Was thankful we didn’t have to venture out in it today but tomorrow is another story. We will be off to the psychiatrist long before Lexington reaches the predicted high of 21*. Just praying the roads will be clear.
Stay safe and warm where you are. Thank you for curling up here to spend a few moments with me.