So glad you are here. I have spent the last couple of days brainstorming the different activities I want to do this fall. Kept a running list on my phone as I thought of things. Then consulted our monthly “El Paso Scene” for cultural events. Here is my list of sweet 16 suggestions for having more fun this fall. My autumn bucket list:
- Decorate inside the house and out. Have this well underway as of the first day of September. At least I waited til then! Will add a few Halloween touches then trade them out for Thanksgiving as those holidays approach. Here’s a sneak peek of what I’ve done in the kitchen so far.
- Make a garland for the mantel. Last year, PC and I were in Kentucky and Ohio in November, and I collected some leaves from the fall foliage. I hope to use them to make my garland.
- Find an old wheelbarrow to use in the yard. My BFF Sharon has the cutest yard decor that often incorporates a rusty, dusty vintage wheelbarrow. Take a peek at Sharon’s clever Christmas display in a post from last December, here. I want to hit some of the junque stores around town in search for my own wheelbarrow.
- Make a scarecrow for my front porch. I always had scarecrows in the fall at my little house when the girls were growing up. Then I began building one each year at school. I want to recreate one this year.
- Decorate pumpkins. Self-explanatory. Click here, to see the little lacy punkies I decorated last year.
- Fantasy football draft. Done. Drafted both teams. “Los Chicharones” and “The Pale Pink Pigskins”. Now to remember to set up my teams each week. And WIN!
- Attend a University of Texas, El Paso (UTEP) football game. We have only been to one or two but I really enjoyed going. The Sun Bowl is a super stadium tucked into the Franklin Mountains. PC usually has an opportunity for discounted tickets so we need to take advantage of that perk.
- Go on at least one hike. We used to hike quite a bit. I would love to do more of that this year. There is a hike up to Mount Cristo Rey on Saturday, October 8. I hope to do that.
- Visit food truck rodeo and wine fest. (Added the wine fest part just now cause we already did that and it was on my phone list). These pictures were taken at “Corks and Kegs” in Las Cruces a couple of weekends ago. They had several vineyards participating that were new to us.
- Run/walk the “Groove and Glow 5K”. I have wanted to do another 5K for a long time. I created a team, “The Golden Girls”, in hopes that some of my friends will join me for this.
- Have a fire in the fire pit. ‘Nuff said.
- Visit farmer’s market and have breakfast out.
- Seasonal painting at “I Painted That”. I love the Mexican holiday Dias de los Muertos the last days of October and the first days of November. I would love to paint the skeletons associated with this holiday or even some fall foliage.
- Attend a play at the El Paso Playhouse. Looks like a great season.
- Donate craft items to the El Paso Children’s Hospital. I have loads of scrapbook paper and stickers to share with the children there.
- Donate canned food at church.
Now to see how I fare on completing this autumn bucket list. And while I am dreaming…here are my fall goals.
The board says “September Goals” but I am thinking I will carry these through the fall, so the same ten goals for September, October and November. We are almost to mid-September and I have a lot of work to do. We’ll just leave it at that.
Do you have goals for this month? Or maybe an autumn bucket list for your family? If so, please tell me about it in a comment below. What’s something you would really like to do this fall that might be out of your normal routine?
One last thing. This week we are celebrating our one year blogiversary on The Blended Blog. Whitney at Whitney a la Mode came up with this fabulous scavenger hunt for our readers and we are sponsoring a give-away for a $150 gift card to the winner’s store of choice. You just have to run over there, quick!
And be sure to join us for our September style link-up on “What I Wore” on Wednesdays. The link-up is on Wednesdays but you can link-up an outfit from any day of the week! Ha!
That, my sweet friends, is all I have for you today. Makes me exhausted looking at my goals and realizing that I have my work cut out for me the next 18 days of September and beyond.
Off to bed! There’s always tomorrow.
Hugs and kisses,