Sugar plums, it’s time for Thankful Thursday 08.12.2021. Starting last month, I have begun joining Rebecca Jo and Jennifer at All 4 Boys in sharing the hosting responsibilities for the Thankful Thursday series. Some weeks, you might discover posts from all 3 of us, other Thursdays, it might just be one of us hosting. But whatever the case, YOU are always welcome to join us!!
Last Post 07.29.2021
You might remember in my last Thankful Thursday post, I was feeling kind of ‘pissy’? My friend Debbie at Deb’s World lives in Great Britain and tickled me when she shared one of the British definitions of ‘pissy’. Apparently, in England it can mean drunk!! I may have been pissy last post but I wasn’t drunk!! Had I been, though, I probably would have been in a better mood!!
Glad to report I have been feeling more upbeat this week. And have enjoyed being home. Have given myself some grace about not filling my days with busyness (thank you, Leanne). Just been kind of floating along. It has been a very pleasant change for me.
THANKFUL THURSDAY 08.12.2021
I am glad my irritability has subsided – at least for the time being. Pretty sure PC is glad, too. What else am I thankful for? Let’s see.
Straight Out of My Gratitude Journal
Not this week For my Thankful Thursday posts, I usually share the ‘gratefuls’ I’ve listed in my gratitude journal over the week or month, whatever length of time has elapsed since my last Thankful Thursday post. Rebecca sent out the link up code for this week in an email on Monday. I replied letting Rebecca know I would put together a post for this week. But explained I had filled my gratitude journal completely and have not been writing my ‘gratefuls’ like I should. Far be it from me to write them on regular paper, or in a Word document, for pity’s sake.
We can all breathe a deep sigh of relief, though. My new journal arrived yesterday so I am back in business. Talk about a first world problem!! Having to pull my thankfuls out of my memory this week rather than relying on my gratitude journal.
This week I am thankful:
- We all arrived home from our beach vacation, safe and sound
- Our neighbors took good care of our kitties while we were gone
- Lauren wasn’t seriously injured and Cami, in mama’s arms, wasn’t injured at all when they fell down the stairs
- Cady’s jellyfish sting is beginning to look a little better
- Our dolphin watch excursion was so successful
- We’ve had glorious rain and cooler temps this week
- Money to pay our bills and buy groceries
- I am feeling less dejected and down-in-the-dumps
- Our corner of the world in far west Texas is beautifully green
- Lucia is happy in kindergarten
- My guest post at Leanne’s blog was well received and several sweet folks reached out to me about it
- That you guys find something in my silliness that has you coming back to visit on repeat
- I am back to running again on the treadmill
- For several Ernie the goat sightings on my way over the mountain lately, he was laying down today
- Mom managed to stay safe and hold things together while my brother Kevin was out of town
- We have a 3-day weekend coming up
- My daughters Brennyn and Lauren and granddaughter Cadence were born (07.28, 07.30, 07.31)
So, I stopped here and went to bed. Wanted to add some photos and then get this post out early this morning. But have to add some sweet blessings and gratefuls that have happened since bedtime last night.
- More rain fell last night
- Double rainbows and pink skies after the rain
- For the frog serenade at the reservoir
- Brennyn and Mustafa saw our baby boy Declan Palmer and he is a handsome lad
- Brennyn is over 20 weeks along
- All the grands are settled into school
- For my quiet days at home this week
Our beach trip has come and gone. South Padre Island did not disappoint. Warm, clear water and light sand beaches. Our condos were very nice, very comfortable and had everything we needed for our stay. I enjoyed having both daughters, their families and my sister along for our vacation. But we had some hiccups that made for a few stressful afternoons.
So, PC and I need a little getaway, just the 2 of us – isn’t that a song? – in the near future. We are both longing to take the convertible up to the mountains of Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, New Mexico for a weekend. Just need a baseball-free Saturday to come up in September or October so we can make some plans.
I am thankful that we live in America. Both of my sons-in-law and their families have immigrated here from other countries. Brennyn’s husband Mustafa escaped to Pakistan from Afghanistan when he was young. They lived in Pakistan until they could get refugee status to come to the U.S. They are now worried for family still living in Afghanistan, especially with the Taliban’s takeover of more than 60% of the country in recent weeks. We are so blessed that we don’t have to worry about such things here.
How about that!! All those wonderful things to be grateful for and I didn’t even have a gratitude journal to record them in. Sounds silly, but when I don’t have an official gratitude journal, I don’t tend to write my thankfuls down. And when I don’t write my thankfuls down, I sometimes forget how truly blessed I am. This is my new journal. If you are in the market for one, I’d be grateful if you used my affiliate link to purchase this one!!
If you have a Thankful Thursday post to share, please link it up with us. Or leave me a comment with some of what you are thankful for this week.
Thankful that you stopped by. And thankful that it is bedtime!! Have been sleeping so well lately. Another grateful. And the rain has cooled things off nicely this evening. We have the slightest breeze making my curtains dance. Good sleeping.
Hugs and kisses,