Sweet potatoes, it’s time for Thankful Thursday 02.2021. Right off the bat, let me just say I am thankful for you!! Thankful for your visits and comments and support. Family hugs all around.
Again today, I am linking up with Rebecca Jo for her gratitude series, which she publishes every week. Thankful Thursdays give me a opportunity to reflect back over all the little blessings in the last month. Most of these ‘gratefuls’ come straight from the things I have listed each night in my gratitude journal.
Sad to say, it has been months since I have shared a Thankful Thursday post. Started one in December and then LIFE. But through thick and thin and Covid, I have continued writing in my gratitude journal every night.
This post is going to be a highlight reel of some of the things I’ve been most thankful for since my last post, here.
THANKFUL THURSDAY 12.2020
Here are some of the things that I was thankful for specific to December.
- Having money for heat and to pay our bills
- Good report on my parathyroid surgery – blood work shows the surgery worked
- My parents’ anniversary
- Soldiers and sailors who fought at Pearl Harbor
- Paul helping Lucia with her gingerbread house
- Cami said ‘ga-babba’
- Tamale run
- PC’s mom, brother and sister-in-law recover from Covid
- Facetiming with family for Christmas
- Brennyn was the loving nurse who cared for the 23 week baby
- Hope for a better year in 2021
Thankful Thursday 01.2021
- Optimism that comes with the start of a new year
- Lucia’s art
- StepBet walking challenge with Brennyn
- Sally, Mom’s speech therapist, taking such good care of her
- Cami’s first birthday
- Snow pictures from so many family and friends knowing how much I love snow
- Purrsimmony stepped on my keyboard and somehow her paws started playing the song “Blessed”
- PC fixed our dryer
- Being able to afford a new refrigerator
- Crafting with my sister
- Cia being so excited about me hiding her stuffed animals
- Mom sounded good; says she feels my dad there with her
- Paul’s first epidural went well
- Seeing Ernie the goat
- Having the money to fix the hot water heater
- Plumber coming quickly to fix it
- Vaccine for Brennyn, Mustafa, Francisco and Mom
- Selling clothes at consignment store
Thankful Thursday 02.2021
- Bear hug from my Prince
- Lauren got she and I an appointment for the vaccine
- Laughing with Mom
- PC helping me with terrible technology problems
- Facetime with Bren and Cady
- Paul’s second epidural went well
- Pancakes and syrup, scrambled eggs and bacon
- Happy birthday, Kevin
- Working with Kevin and Valerie trying to fix Mom’s insurance issues
- Hope of going to Disney with Brennyn, Cady and Mustafa
- Cia and Cami snuggles
- PC’s good heart
- Forecast of snow…then *S*N*O*W*
- Capturing our stray kitty Fluff and bringing her in out of the weather
- Valerie and Brennyn weren’t without power for too long
- Soy sesame pork bowls
- Family time with our kitties
- Ms. Crossley asks me to come sub for her in the Guerrero library; she says the sweetest things
- Kevin got to visit Mom in PERSON, first time in a year
- Baseball practice for PC
I truly could go on and on because I am so blessed. But it is almost Friday. If I don’t quit now, this won’t be a Thankful Thursday any more!!
What are you thankful for this month? Is life beginning to feel more like normal again in your community? Schools here have reopened for the first time since March of 2020. I have had my first vaccine and will have my second one this weekend. PC has had his first shot and will get his second one in mid-March. That makes 7 of us who will be inoculated by next month. Praying we are finally rounding the corner on this pandemic.
Stay healthy, sweet friends.
Hugs and kisses,