It’s the first Monday of the month, which means it’s time for TBB Asks: Holiday Edition. Have really enjoyed doing these quick little posts and then hopping around to read everyone else’s answers. Fun way to get to know my blogging buddies a little bit better.
It has been hard for me to get excited about the holidays. By now I would normally have decked the halls, the bedrooms, the kitchen and den. But this year, we aren’t even putting up a tree. I usually get very enthusiastic about decorating my wheelbarrow out front. Sadly, there are still pumpkins out there in the front yard laying beside it.
Hope you will enjoy reading my answers and then hop over to The Blended Blog to check out the answers of some of the others linked up there.
TBB Asks: Holiday Edition
1. Candy canes? Yes or no. Only if I am starved and there is nothing else to eat. Think deserted island hungry.
2. Christmas morning – early riser or sleep in? Now that there are no little feet pitter-pattering around to see what Santa brought, I tend to sleep in. When Cady and/or Lucia are here, holiday or not, we are all early(ier) risers.
3. Did you shop on Black Friday? Yes or no. Yes. Not hard-core but we did hit Target, Walmart and Academy. The biggies.
4. Christmas tree up in November? Yes or no. In another lifetime, yes. Over Thanksgiving weekend. But my Scrooge really dislikes the holidays and would just as soon we sleep through til February. Including skipping all decorating and gift-giving. This year with everything that is going on with my mom, I am not even up to fighting the fight to put up a tree. Doing just a little decorating but my heart isn’t in it. And like PC says, ‘who’s going to see it anyway?’
5. Do you get holiday ideas from Pinterest? Yes or no. I get ideas for everything from Pinterest. For holidays and all the days in between. Last year, I made this garland from a idea on Pinterest.
6. Christmas glam or ugly sweater? Probably neither one. But I am posting a number of ugly Christmas and Hanukkah sweaters at work which has tempted me to buy one for myself. These are some of my favorites. A two-headed sweater that a couple of love birds – wonder who? – can wear together. And some genuinely cute ugly sweaters.
7. Stocking stuffers: Wrapped or unwrapped? (And I (Leslie) would love to know – presents from Santa: wrapped or unwrapped) At our house, stocking stuffers are gifts from Santa which means they are never wrapped. Same as Santa presents under the tree…unwrapped. The jolly ole fella doesn’t have time to mess with paper and Scotch tape. And at our house, the Santa gifts are not necessarily left under the tree but are usually set out on the couch with each person’s stocking filled and set beside their other Santa gifts.
8. Traditional or modern Christmas songs? Not a whole lot of either but traditional trumps modern.
9. Fruitcake? Yes or no. No thanks, you can have mine.
10. Is your Christmas shopping finished? Yes or no. Nope. But I have started!
11. Is there snow in December where you live? Rarely, except for the year we were hoping to fly to Reno for the holidays. That day we had a mini-blizzard and our flight was canceled and we weren’t able to get another until we had to already be back to work in El Paso.
12. Classic show: A Charlie Brown Christmas or Rudolph? Hmm, I originally responded that I would pick Rudolph over Chuck but when I proofread this post, I changed my answer to Chuck over Rudy. Clearly, I can’t make up my mind. Can I pick the Walton Christmas instead?
The gals at TBB are going to be changing things up with the TBB Asks series in the coming new year. Be sure to keep your eye open over on their blog for details.
SIA: Style Imitating Art
Tacking on my interpretation of this week’s Style Imitating Art piece curated by Salazar at 14 Shades of Grey. Hope you will take a minute to visit Salazar, Jen and Daenel to see the looks they created to reflect this painting “Watermelons and Field Mice” by Sim Saimdang.
I just saw “green” and ran with that! Thought the nubby texture and colors of my sweater mimicked the watermelon rind. In the photo with the hangers, the bedspread I laid the clothes out on probably reflects the painting even better than my outfit. Maybe I should have just wrapped myself in the quilt!
So, my sweet friends, how would you answer the questions for this month’s TBB Asks: Holiday Edition? Help me get to know YOU a little better by answering them in a comment below.
Can I just give you a hug, too, while I’m at it? I have been comforted by your kind words and messages of support over the past weeks. Thank you.
Hugs and kisses,