Linking up with the gals at The Blended Blog for this segment of TBB Asks, 03.2019: The Shop ‘Til You Drop Edition. Talking about favorite stores, favorite clothes and favorite ways to buy them. These little Q&A posts are lots of fun for me to participate in and I hope as much fun for you to read.
TBB Asks, 03.2019: The Shop ‘Til You Drop Edition
- Top 3 shops? These probably change a little depending on what I am shopping for but overall Loft Outlet/Loft, Old Navy, Target.
- Where is the majority of your shopping done – in store or online? About 50-50. I do prefer trying pants and jeans on so I am more likely to shop for those in store. Was so excited in the fall when I tried Old Navy Rockstar jeans for the first time. And actually bought skinnies that were! Then wrote all about it in a Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone post. But now they are too tight. Dang these holiday pounds. Looks like they are going to stick around til Easter, I guess.
- What’s your favorite thing to shop for? Shoes! Boots. Sandals. Flats. Heels. Tennies.
- What do you just HATE shopping for? I really dislike shopping for bras. Even wrote a post about it, here.
- What is your most favorite thing you’ve ever bought? My first dress that I worked to pay for myself. It was from a higher-end store which was where I was working over the holidays. It was a darling boho dress from Gunne Sax that looked a lot like the dress on the left. And in the photo on the right, Brennyn is wearing that most favorite dress when the girls were playing dress up, years ago in Panama.
- Do prefer shopping alone or with others? Depends. I like to shop with my sister but she lives in Houston so we don’t get to shop together very often. Although, we do Skype or send photos to each other from dressing rooms sometimes. But PC is my most frequent shopping partner and I enjoy shopping with him, too. I like picking out, trying on and buying clothes that my Prince likes on me. All that being said, I do shop alone quite a bit and always shop online alone!!
- Best bargain? The dress in the picture below.I was at JCPenney to pick up an order for some activewear. The clerk retrieved my package from the back, then opened it so I could inspect my order. My workout leggings were in the bag but so was this dress. I remembered having looked at the dress online months before and maybe even trying to buy it but received notice that it was no longer available. The clerk asked if my order was complete and I explained that the dress was not paid for because I hadn’t been able to order it and he told me it was paid for and it was mine. So, this dress was free!
- Thrift store shopping, yes or no? Not much. I hear about all of the wonderful pieces gals find at Goodwill and local thrift stores but it’s different in El Paso. Probably because El Paso is a low income community. Meaning the things found at our Goodwill stores are not designer pieces with the tags still on, but school uniforms, military uniforms, well-used clothing.
- Best cities for shopping? Best cities I have visited? I am sure Paris is fabulous but I didn’t buy anything more than 2 simple sundresses in Nice. I found much cuter things in Nuremberg, Germany. Otherwise, I shop at the same chain stores…Loft, Old Navy, Target, and they tend to have the same things from one city to the next.
- Whose your style or fashion icon? Probably bloggers I know and love…my first icon was probably Alison Lumbatis because her style challenges have made me more comfortable in getting dressed everyday and figuring out my own style. Oh, and Diane Keaton from “Annie Hall” and Meg Ryan in “When Harry Met Sally”.
Play along with us. How would you answer these questions. Link-up your blog post and answers with the gals at TBB or leave your answers in a comment below. Can’t wait to read all about how you shop!
Trying to get my blog posts all ready to go this week because Lauren and Lucia are coming tomorrow and my blogging time will be limited. Lots of posts coming this week so hope you will come back to visit. Thank you, always, for being my bud and stopping by when you can!