So glad you stopped by. Otherwise I would be sitting here talking to myself!
Can you believe July has come and gone? I mean really. Where did it go? Let’s find out what I did with my month. I tell you, this post really holds me accountable.
- Drove from El Paso to Albuquerque to get Lauren, Francisco and Lucia moved into their new apartment; worked til midnight unpacking and setting up house.
- Home again, home again, jiggity jig, there’s no place like home.
- Slept til 10:00 which never, ever happens…that’s how tired we are from moving the kids.
- Quiet 4th of July without any fireworks but time spent with my Prince.
- Back on track with 21 Day Fix and BeachBody, which kicked our behinds tonight.
- I always get up when PC does, thinking I might go back to bed once he leaves for work but that never happens.
- Sad and nervous tonight as I watch the news of shootings, terror attacks, corrupt politicians.
- Almost canceled my breakfast plans with teachers because of last night’s tragedies but thankfully, I didn’t and so enjoyed catching up with teacher friends from Moye.
- Felt especially proud of my PC at today’s baseball game for his friendliness toward all of the players and his ability to play different positions well.
- Proud of us to continue working out every day and pledging to keep it up on our trip “home” to Ohio and Kentucky. (Didn’t happen)
- Summer cleaning continues with lemon oil and a toothbrush on all the curly cues in our bedroom furniture.
- Truly a just-for-me day…lunch with friends, reading, workout with PC, card-making club.
- I have realized that I might be ok with not working this fall as there are so many things I want to do with my time.
- All of the travelers who crossed our paths today as we flew to Ohio wore the same frazzled, nervous expressions on their faces and we did ours with the news of the terrorist attack in Nice.
- So enjoyed visiting some quaint Tipp City stores with my sister-in-law Greta, and watching the Clingan boys watch the Reds game on TV together.
- Although I have never lived in a small town, I like the feel of Troy and Tipp City-their town squares, little shops, seeing people walking and talking and laughing on the sidewalks.
- Introduced my mom to my second granddaughter Lucia for the first time, will be a sweet memory.
- Visiting is stressful and sad sometimes.
- Reintroduced my first granddaughter Cady to my mom, her great-grandmother, via Skype…such a great program.
- I repeat, visiting is sometimes stressful and sad.
- “Let others delight ‘mid new pleasures to roam, But give me, oh give me the pleasures of home” from the song Home, Sweet Home by John Howard Payne, 1823.
- Back on track with exercise today including a pilates DVD and two bike rides.
- Enjoyed catching up with all of the baseball wives today at Paul’s game and lunch after.
- Slept late, bathed and manicured kitties, worked on TpT store, enjoyed dinner with new friends Annette and Carlos followed by a dip in their pool.
- Ever have a day when silly little things go all wrong – yeah, me, too.
- Really foggy today (not outside, inside of me!) – maybe took two doses of my meds instead of one – after floundering around all morning, finally got some errands run this afternoon. (Do you ever have days like that?)
- Yay for productive days and the clearing of my foggy brain!
- Today was my sweet, first granddaughter Cady’s sixth birthday; looking so forward to celebrating with her when she comes to visit next month.
- What a nice day…breakfast with a dear friend all the way til lunch, hair cut and color (at home), great convo with friend from school, Skyping with sister, movie with the Prince, Face-timing with Lauren and Lucia, glass of wine and blogging tonight.
- Happy birthday, Brennyn, I love you and thank you for making me a momma for the first time.
- Happy birthday, Lauren Allegra, I love you and thank you for making me a mom for the second time.
Sweet friends, this is so much fun – for me, anyway! If you aren’t a journal-er or diary keeper, but like the idea of keeping track of the events in your life, try writing a sentence a day. I guess it is kind of like keeping up with a calendar or agenda. But a lot of these sentences wouldn’t be something I’d normally write on a calendar.
If you try it, let me know. Maybe you’d let me share some of your sentences here next month?
Hugs and kisses,