Welcome and thank you for spending a few moments with me today. Sharing my “Sentence a Day” for the month of October with some of the bestest bloggers you’d ever want to follow. Hope that after you read about my busy month, you will hop around to read about the months of my buddies. And then maybe even be inspired to start writing your own sentences each day of November. Would love to have you join us!
I think I was traveling as much as I was home this month. If not, it certainly felt that way! See what you think.
Sentence a Day, 10.2017
I like posting our sentences for the past month early in the new month. Otherwise I forget to start again!! And then I get behind and have to think too hard to remember what I’ve been up to. Hallelujah, this is just November 1 as I am typing.
- Touristing all over Bavaria; Munich, Berchtesgaden, Garmich, seeing Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest, shops and restaurants in Garmich, after starting the day in a quaint bed and breakfast in Berchtesgaden. 10.1.2017
Bäckerei breakfast in lovely Ettal, tour of the gilded and porcelain-adorned Schloss Linderhof, the most beloved castle of King Ludwig, drive to Lindau and walk around this quaint, lakeside town. 10.02.2017
- Scenic drive to Triberg, walk around the town, potato soup for lunch, hike up to a lively waterfall in the Black Forest, giggles in the car from Triberg to Baden-Baden. 10.03.2017
- Morning of relaxation spent at the Caracalla baths for which the the city of Baden-Baden is named, patience-trying traffic jam turned a 100 mike drive into an 8 hour ordeal that undid all of the relaxation from the morning. 10.04.2017
- German breakfasts are hard to improve on; 15K+ steps meandering around PC’s former Army post at Wiley Kaserne in Neu Ulm, the Munster church in Ulm, enjoyed my first gelato at a little shop where PC had hs first real date, drove to Nuremberg for the last leg of our trip. 10.05.2017
- Little sleep last night thinking of my mom; another cheese, bread and yogurt breakfast at Art Hotel, tour of the Nuremberg Palace of Justice where the Nazi war criminals were tried, my fashion haus in C&A store, fast-paced walking tour of castle and churches downtown, drive to Munich, dinner at Hotel zum Erdinger. Just a wake-up and heading home. 10.06.2017
- Up at 6:30, quick bite of breakfast from another sensational spread then off to the airport, long day of flying to include a 4 hour layover in Atlanta but we are HOME and sleeping in own bed tonight. 10.07.2017
And Home, Momentarily
- Groggy, under-water jet-lag feeling all day kept us home watching football, eating grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soupfor dinner and in bed at 9:00 p.m. 10.08.2017
- Here come the doubts again…loosely based on lyrics from the 1983 Eurythmics’ song…”Here comes the rain again, Raining in my head like a tragedy, Tearing me apart like a new emotion” – what is my purpose now in life? should I even bother with blogging? scrapbooking? writing? reading? 10.09.2017
- Still not sleeping ‘right’ but improving…spent the day dashing about, running self-imposed errands…crossing off purchases from the GYPO Work Wear shopping list, replenishing the kitty coffers (litter, food) before our trip to Phoenix, ironing, ironing, ironing. 10.10.2017 (Lord, I look tired. And I was. And I am.)
- Ironed and steamed clothes most of the day, stopping to read blog posts in between, just when I thought I was done…BAM, I found a basket of more wrinkled clothes requiring my attention…thank goodness for Audible, I was able to ‘read’ a book while ironing. 10.11.2017
- My house is spic and span…spent the day finishing up my fall decorating and cleaning the house…smells fresh and clean like it used to when we had our cleaning lady Liliana. 10.12.2017
- Balanced our day between running errands and spending time with the kitties at home, hate to leave them again. 10.13.2017
- Six-hour drive to Phoenix, quick work-out in the gym, baseball practice for PC, cross-stitching in the sunshine for me, checked into The Shaggy Dog B&B, our tiny home for the next week…so fun! 10.14.2017
- First day of Men’s Senior Baseball League World Series with a double-header in near triple-digit temps ends with 1 win and 1 loss; dip in the hot tub before bed. 10.15.2017
- With an early morning win for the Austin Express in the books, PC and I spent the rest of the day grocery shopping to stock our Shaggy Dog frig, delighting in a therapeutic massage (my hips and back are tense from sitting on the bleachers!), working out at the gym and watching TV (PC)/blogging (moi) about the Bridging the Gap campaign back at the tiny house (love saying that). 10.16.2017
- Phoenix seems to be full on into pumpkin flavoring making satisfying one activity on my autumn bucket list a breeze: pumpkin coffee, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin cookies and we won our double-headers making for a full day of baseball. 10.17.2017
- Off to a shaky start this morning feeling hurried and harried on the way to the ball park via the gym, big win at the diamond followed by team lunch. 10.18.2017
- Massage and run at the gym before the first play-off game today which ended in a disappointing loss; shopped Fry’s grocery store (best grocery I’ve ever seen) for dinner and some cheese and wine to take back home with us. 10.19.2017
- Slept well with the windows open in the chilly evening air, up early though in anticipation of the trip home, listening to my Audible book A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner made the drive much quicker. 10.20.2017
Home, Sweet Home Again
- Nothing like waking up in your own home, in your own bed to a quiet day ahead, church and enmoladas for dinner at Barrigas. 10.21.2017
- Arms and bodies are achy from yesterday’s flu shot so lazed about in the hot tub listening to the end of A Fall of Marigolds and soaking our cares away. 10.22.2017
Back to Life
- Happy to be back at Whitaker; greeted with hugs and we missed you but a teacher’s unsympathetic dealing with one of her students in the library shattered him and disappointed me. 10.23.2017
- Back on track to our ‘normal’ with devotional, work, gym, crockpot dinner and The Voice: for the record, I have the SWEETEST sister. 10.24.2017
- Derailed: no devotional or gym; came home exhausted, PC said we could do pizza for dinner, vegged while watching the World Series. 10.25.2017 (checking out books to kinder; boxes of withdrawn books being sent to Houston libraries)
- New librarian will take over at Whitaker on 11/9, working til then. 10.26.2017
- Accomplished much at work, the library looks organized and the books are sporting AR dots, relaxing soak in the hot tub before bed. 10.27.2017
- Just when I thought we were finished with baseball for the year, there is a playoff game for PC’s over-50 league, followed by grocery shopping, picnic dinner of peel-em and eat-em shrimp, cheeses, crackers, chicken nuggets, chips and salsa, bedtime soak in the hot tub. 10.28.2017
- Quiet Sunday at home…just the way I like it, football and a crazy good World Series came…go Astros. 10.29.2017
- Back to dealing with the pool people again has me curled up on the couch tonight in a fetal position and feeling very defeated; questioning everything in my life…a complete (but honest) over-reaction! 10.30.2017
- Needed this day…earnest work began on the repairs to our pool, salvaged the pumpkin craft project I screwed up yesterday, ironed, fixed dinner, blogged, put away clothes and took pictures for an upcoming Daily Dime post…yay for ending a very long month on an upswing but prayers for the victims of our country’s latest terrorist attack in NY and their families . 10.31.2017
What a long ole month, girls. Whew.
Was your October a thumbs up or thumbs down? Despite a couple of gloomy days where I wallowed in weary self-pity, it was a wonderful month for me. Have worked more than I thought I would be. And that combined with 2 week-long trips made for one tired mama jama. I will finish this substitute librarian assignment next week. Hope to have a few quiet days at home before I jump back into another job.
Have you been writing a sentence a day? If so, won’t you link-up with us below?
If you haven’t started writing your sentence a day, how ’bout starting this month? Today is just the 2nd…join us and join the fun. If you don’t blog, you can still add your sentences in a comment below. Or at least the highlights of your month, maybe?
In this crazy world, where we don’t know what the next day will bring, my wish for you is more good days than bad.
Hugs and kisses,