Welcome, sugar plums, to Sentence a Day 07.2020 – my crazy July in one run-on sentence a day. I always say that these posts are a quick way to journal your day-to-day life. Especially during this historic time.
If you haven’t joined us for this link-up, I would like to invite you to try participating. It’s not too late to start for 08.2020 or pencil it in your agenda to begin with us in August. And if you are interested, let me know in a comment below and I will add you to our email group. Of course, if you don’t blog, you can still participate on paper or on your favorite device. Then come back to share the highlights of your August in a comment on my 09.01.2020 SaD post.
Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand came up with the idea for SaD and Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side always keeps us together by fetching the link-up code. Hope you will run by to check out their posts and the posts of some of the others linking up. Now, let’s see how July looked ’round our castle.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Sentence a Day 07.2020
Another unique month of unfamiliar experiences.
- Peaceful day with almost no phone calls; quiet time on the patio, started new morning routine course, blogging, writing interspersed with vacuuming, fixing cheeseburger soup, putting away laundry, and having my hair cut for the second time since Covid. 07.01.2020
- Hallelujah for happy days…mom had such a great day, which trickled down to my siblings and me having a good day…patio quiet time and smoothies, workout, run, grocery trip to the commissary, made 21 ziplock bags of smoothie fruit and veggies, leftover soup for supper, blog reading before bed. 07.02.2020
- Got our workout and run in for the first time in days, bathed these kitties, quick trip to Lowe’s for a flag, nice swim in triple digit heat, hot dogs for dinner and Dairy Queen for dessert, the kids can come to celebrate with us tomorrow. 07.03.2020
Happy Birthday, U.S.A.
- Happy 4th of July, happy birthday, America! Started the day with a bike ride around the neighborhood to count the flags flying, smoothie on the patio, then started in on Salisbury steak and apple pie for our dinner, kids arrived late afternoon, spent several hours splashing in the pool with the grands, dinner in the dining room, gave Cami her first ice cream, Barbies in the den, baths in the master tub, fireworks on the front and back balconies. 07.04.2020
- Hard to get started today…almost felt as if there was no reason to get out of bed, except I had kitties to feed and tee shirts to pick up at Old Navy; Mom called crying saying she was so lonely and just wanted to hear my voice, heartbreaking; scrapbooked with Valerie, hamburgers on the grill, quiet evening with a flaming, hot pink sunset before bed. 07.05.2020
- We got up early and RAN!! That deserves a sentence to itself; smoothies on the patio, QT, then off to Martin Tires to get new front tires…boring, expensive but necessary; put 4th decor away and set out summer things inside; enchilada pie for dinner, blogging before bed, building cloud, lightning, thunder and no rain. 07.06.2020
- Across the mountain to help with the babies now that Kindercare is closed due to 2 cases of Covid; teleconference about long term health insurance, ironed, made a new recipe that didn’t turn out too well, hate when that happens, bedtime walk and asleep before 10 pm. 07.07.2020
- Up for a quick workout and run, over to baby sit or baby love because I am not ‘watching’ them but loving the girls; Target run with Lauren, Cami and Cia – all of us masked, Lauren followed me home and ordered pizza for all of us, exhausted tonight; Cady had her first orthodontist appointment, Mom had a good day…thank You, God. 07.08.2020
- Day off from baby-loving to get things done around the house, beautiful morning for quiet time and Bible journaling on the patio, cleaned the upstairs, brushed the pool, put up laundry, scrapbooked with my sister, Monte Cristo sandwiches for dinner, off to bed early. 07.09.2020
- Woke up with a sinus headache and congestion, texted Lauren that I was worried about going over to help with the babies, took the morning slow, alternating between chores and little projects for fun, cleaned the downstairs, worked on blog posts, blog reading, listened to Crystal Paine on podcast, completed more of my morning course, scrapbooked with Val, Taco Bell for dinner, called mom and just after we hung up she fell, while talking to Kevin who is on his way to South Carolina, mom has hurt her back but they were able to get her in bed. Keep her safe and comfortable, please, God. 07.10.2020
- Happy anniversary to US! Struggled to sleep part of the night but got up feeling pretty good, did a workout and run, smoothie on the patio, picked peaches to keep our tree’s branches from breaking, champagne in the hot tub with the heat on, walk around the outlet mall, a stop at Kohl’s for new towels, and picked up take out at Crab Station to eat at home with disposable gloves on instead of silverware, watched “Greyhound” with Tom Hanks before bed, Mom seemed okay when I talked to her but very confused, and sore. 07.11.2020
- Slow, quiet Sunday; walked out into the desert to leave the smaller, greener peaches for the animals and birds to eat, picked up doughnuts on the way back, after breakfast we swam, I scrapbooked with my sister, and we had leftovers from our Crab Station meal for dinner. 07.12.2020
- Workout and run then over the mountain to be with my babies 3 today, Cami seems out of sorts with her teeth, home to do laundry, iron, made skinny lasagna roll-ups for dinner, bedtime walk in triple digit heat. 07.13.2020
- Something is wrong with my blog and my graphics/images aren’t showing up, so frustrating, used my good camera and cell as a remote to take some fashion haus photos but can’t get them to show up in my post; helped with my pumpkin pies, scrapbooked with my sister, honey-lime enchiladas for supper, bedtime walk and a mini-rain. 07.14.2020
- Been a long week and it’s only Wednesday, work out and run, helped with my girlsies, Cia and I pretended we were kitties coughing up fur balls, Cami snuggled up in my arms and fell asleep; tried to take a necklace and earrings to be fixed at Nayda’s Beads but her store is closed – Covid strikes again – mom had a bad day, thought they forgot to bring her dinner but it turned out she just couldn’t see it, her sight has gotten so bad, poor baby; fixed my blog issues myself! 07.15.2020
- Kind of dragged all day…this crazy heat is getting to me; my girls were adorable, Lauren said she loves when I am there to help, picked up a Walmart order – seemed there were a number of folks doing that, Bible journaling, not much else this afternoon, pizza for dinner, bedtime walk around the park, 14 new Covid deaths, mom sounded stronger again. 07.16.2020
- Fri-YAY…not a moment too soon; over the mountain to help with my granddarlings, played with both in their new candy zone wading pool, quick run to Hobby Lobby for gold paper for a wedding scrapbook page; home to shower and change then off to Ft. Bliss to donate blood and have it checked for Covid antibodies; leftovers for dinner, early to bed. 07.17.2020
- Slept like a champ; but feeling weak as we did our workout so opted to walk rather than run afterward, drove up to Ruidoso, NM to escape the miserable heat and for a change of scenery, bought soap at All Lathered Up, wine at Noisy Waters Winery and Heart of the Desert, home with Church’s chicken for dinner, watched “Emma” with a glass of strawberry kiss (Kool-aid-like) wine. 07.18.2020
- Quiet Sunday, some work in the yard, some scrapbooking, grilled shish kabobs that were a big success, cooled off a bit in the the pool, finished The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek, with tears streaming down my cheeks. 07.19.2020
- Monday…my favorite day, except when I have a toothache…got the laundry and some ironing done, made this faux crab salad on croissants for dinner, mom had a fabulous day with a manicure, haircut, and win at Bingo, sundown rain storm. 07.20.2020
- My PC was restless much of the night so we neither one felt like working out this morning, I was over the mountain to help my baby with her babies, Cami struggled to eat and sleep and Cia was goofy in the pool, mailed mom a large print word search book, and Trey a letter and some gift cards, lazy all afternoon just trying to catch up on blog reading, leftovers for dinner, walk around the block, Fluffy came by for dinner, mom choked this morning and it scared her to death. 07.21.2020
Thrift Store Money
- Beautiful morning on the patio, caught up on quiet time, did some Bible journaling, writing, out for a run all by my lonesome, tried on my new maxi…love…dropped off clothes to be considered by Uptown Cheapskate, earned over $50, dental appointment for my infected tooth but Dr. Muñoz can’t figure out what is wrong, referred me to a specialist. 07.23.2020
Over the Mountain
- Over the mountain to help with my girls, Cia and Cami and I walked to the park, feeling kind of punk with my tooth so laid down for a quick nap that went on for several hours, pork loin, tater tots, squash casserole, and baked beans for dinner. 07.23.2020
- Fri-YAY…cleaned house, organized my decoration bins in the garage, pulled out bins full of lesson plans and library crafts to use with Lucia, finished a scrapbook page, quick run to the post office and to pick up beer to enjoy while watching the first Cincinnati Reds baseball game of the season – while in the pool and hot tub; hot dogs and baked beans for dinner, new friend Veronica from across the street brought us peaches from her yard – HUGE; blog reading before bed. 07.24.2020
- Lounged in bed for a bit before getting around to exercising and going for a walk, picked more peaches, put together a Walmart list and ran up to grab some groceries, made more ziplock bags of smoothie fruit, got Casita Linda’s for dinner, then went out to Ft. Bliss with PC so he could check the lights around all of the buildings he is responsible for at work, good opportunity for me to take photos. 07.25.2020
Olive Garden, Baby!!
- Another lazy morning, listened to church in bed, talked to Cady on Facetime, made smoothies and 2 cobblers, one for us and one for the neighbor, scrapbooked with my sister, started on my banner, Valerie texted that talking to mom left her in tears, our mom is so pitiful, so lonely; showered and went to the kids’ house for dinner, grandbaby loves and Pictionary (bucket list activity), but mom called several times so upset, she is seeing people…real from her past and imaginary, I just feel awful. 07.26.2020
- Before my first sip of coffee, mom was calling to say she was sure she has another UTI, spent the morning working with my sister and brother to try to get her some help for that and to look into Visiting Angels to help her through the long afternoons; quiet time on the patio, transplanted our lavender and planted a blackberry bush; worked on my summer banner (summer bucket list), laundry, cheeseburger soup for supper, blog reading tonight. 07.27.2020
- Happy birthday, Cadence Ellie…double digits!! Wish I could spend some time with my baby girl, I miss her and her mama; enjoyed time on the patio this morning, then jumped up for a run and walk, lazy most of the rest of the day with the exception of ironing, headache-y, feeling lost, just as we fell asleep a firetruck and EMS came for our neighbor next door. 07.28.2020
- Patio quiet time, ran to Walmart to pick up a grocery order, tidied around the house for the kids to come, planted a few new plants, fixed a chicken pot pie, sweet potatoes and a squash casserole with peanut butter criss-cross cookies for dessert, my Prince dropped his car off at the shop, so I picked him up, we enjoyed time in the pool with the kids, then dinner, and bath time for the babies before they all headed across the mountain, how I love holding my babies; Lucia said “you’re my favorite Gabba.” 07.29.2020
And More Birthdays
- Happy birthday to my first born, sweet baby Brennyn Alexis; I love you with all my heart. PC had a dental appointment so we were able to sleep in a bit and enjoy a smoothie on the patio, he used my car to get to his appointment and then on to work, I enjoyed a late morning swim, then worked on my patio banner, enjoyed photos of Bren’s vacation to the South Padre Island beach, leftovers for dinner. 07.30.2020
- Happy birthday to my second born, sweet baby Lauren Allegra; I love you with all my heart, too. We always spend birthdays together and had so hoped we would again this year, but it wasn’t to be. Slept like a champ, up at 8:00, did a work out and run before starting our day with a smoothie on the patio, followed by a full day of running errands, oil change, inspection, picking up PC’s car, an outlet mall run, a stop at Walmart and frozen yogurt, “Anne with an E” and Reds baseball after dinner. 07.31.2020
So that’s my run-on sentence a day 07.2020. Makes me tired just rereading it. But love having these tidbits of daily life to reflect back on.
Before we go…
How would your sentence a day 07.2020 post read? Were there more good days or difficult ones? Has life almost returned to a pre-Covid state? We have had maybe 1 day of double digit new Covid cases in El Paso and every other day has been triple digits. An increase of 12 hospitalizations and over 200 new cases today. Exhausting. Discouraging.
Thank you for popping in. Keep wearing those masks, gals! Think of the $$ we are saving on lip stick!! Stay well.
Hugs and kisses,