Welcome, ladybugs, to Sentence a Day, 05.2020 – my May in one run on sentence a day. These posts such a great way to journal your day-to-day life. If you haven’t joined us for this link-up before, June has just begun! Grab your pencil or laptop and dive right in. And if you are interested in participating each month, let me know in a comment below and I will add you to our email group.
Want to thank Rebecca at Knit by God’s Hand for dreaming up the SaD idea and Sarah at Foxy’s Domestic Side for always sharing the link-up code. Please be sure to check out their posts and those of some of the other bloggers linking up with us. With all the crazy this virus has injected into our lives, I am sure everyone’s experiences will make for an interesting read.
SENTENCE A DAY 05.2020
May. What can I say? It looked something like April. And March. Take a look.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
Behind From the Get-Go
- Already behind…but just by a day. Waited all day for the Ocean Pools to come look at the rust spot they supposedly repaired in the pool early in the week; washed master bedroom linens, curtains, blinds, windows, ceiling fan as the kick off to spring cleaning; played Barbies and dinos with my grands, smiled at the pet rock giveaway hosted by neighbor kids. 05.01.2020
- Stayed up waaaay too late last night watching “Waco” on Netflix but it was kind of fun to do that for a change; slept until after 9 am, French toast for breakfast, long bike ride, Barbies and reading with Cady, mom had a very difficult day, she cried all day long which breaks my heart, rust spot is worse than ever, waited all day for Ocean Pools to return again, not sure where the day went. 05.02.2020
- Happy anniversary to Brennyn and Mustafa, happy birthday to my sister Valerie. Quiet Sunday, online church service during breakfast, morning run, cleaned the master bedroom, PC was busy working on the yard, scrapbooked with my sister, refrigerator began leaking again but my PC got it fixed. 05.03.2020
Step Towards Normalcy
- First day back on track babysitting Cia and Cami, hot, hungry, thirsty stray black pup stopped by for water and breakfast, took Cia to the park, got baby Cami snuggles, home by 1:00 pm, cleaned master bedroom, pool people were back again trying to fix the rust spot that is now a leak, hamburgers, baked beans and baked jalapeño poppers for dinner. 05.04.2020
- Happy anniversary, Francisco and Lauren. After early QT and a quick workout, I was over the mountain to be with my babies again today, colored, had a mani/pedi thanks to Lucia and took both girls for a walk, helped Cia with her homemade ABC flash cards, finished spring cleaning the master bed and bath, did some blog reading and writing, mom’s dinner was a plate of lettuce with a few tomatoes and they called it Cobb salad, not enough nutrition or calories to get her through til morning…RIDICULOUS, PC’s dad is back in the hospital on the hospice wing. 05.05.2020
- Better day…up at 5:15 for QT, then a workout and run with PC, breakfast and over the mountain to help with my babes, we watched butterflies and played with a ladybug on our walk, Kevin called on my way home to advise I stock up on more meat…duly noted, too tired to do anything when I got home but blog read, pizza for dinner. 05.06.2020
Return To Difficult Days
- Sad day, Paul’s father Wally died of congestive heart failure this afternoon in the hospital alone, he was 88 years old; Paul’s mom May had her court hearing and won’t be going to jail because of the wreck, but will be on probation and possibly fined, now we wait to hear about civil suit, she and John visited Wally in the afternoon and then he passed a short time later, praying he is at peace, playing baseball in heaven. 05.07.2020
- Long, long day…PC and I are kind of on auto-pilot going through the motions of the day, I helped with the girls, then worked all afternoon with much help from my sweet Prince, loading books onto mom’s tablet so she can start listening to them, leftover soup for supper, talked with May and John to see how they are hanging in, told us to wait to come up once the virus isn’t a threat, up 76 new cases. 05.08.2020
- Weepy all day long, a combination of losing Paul’s dad, the health struggles of my mom, and quarantine; morning workout and run, cleaned the upstairs guest bedroom and PC’s office, one room left to spring clean upstairs, comfort food – grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner, blog reading tonight after a quick bike ride. 05.09.2020
From 05.10.2020-05.22.2020, I stepped away from social media and blogging. I fell apart a little bit over these 2 weeks. Couldn’t get motivated to blog or to visit the blogs of others. We had another death in our extended family on the same day that Paul’s father was buried. My mom was really struggling. And our Covid numbers just kept increasing daily.
During this time, I completed my spring cleaning, began running most mornings with PC, and was faithful to my morning quiet time. Yet, I couldn’t bring myself to blog. To even read others’ posts. To add entries to my gratitude journal. Or even write my sentence a day.
Just needed some time where I didn’t have to think much. Do you ever feel like that?
Back at It Again
Returned to my SaD post in time for Brennyn’s visit.
Under One Roof
- My baby and her baby came today! Put finishing touches on the last of my spring cleaning, had my hair cut…it’s been sooo long, and had gotten so long, splurged by having my eyebrows threaded; picked up groceries and then my girls at the airport, Taco Tote for dinner with Lauren and her family – wonderful to have everyone together under my roof! 05.23.2020
- Family fun exercising, then walking on the westside walking trail followed by ice cream, swimming and Francisco treated us to Victoria’s Mexican food for dinner at Lauren’s followed by an after-dinner walk in their neighborhood. 05.24.2020
- Morning visit to Ft. Bliss National Cemetery, so proud of Cady’s respect for those buried there, fixed chicken cordon bleu lasagna and these easy bars for dessert, swam, tried a new Hawaiian margarita recipe, early to bed. 05.25.2020
- A little tension in the family over wearing or not wearing masks, everyone is just tired of this crazy virus; Target run where I splurged buying a two-piece bathing suit top and some clothes for Cady, late lunch of leftovers, quiet time then swam before Lauren and the girls came for dinner, Brennyn treated us to Panda (Express) food as Lucia calls it, Cady and Cia painted rocks after dinner, Cami in her Cincinnati Reds dress enjoyed Campa snuggles, my girls enjoyed sister chatting. 05.26.2020
Just Like That They’re Gone
- Up early for a teleconference with my psychiatrist to get refills for my OCD and anxiety meds as his office is closed; Cady and I took our painted rocks to the park, then I dropped Bren and Cady off at the airport, ran to Target and Walmart, home to plant some ivy, start laundry, worked out with PC, leftover chicken cordon bleu lasagna for dinner, quiet evening. 05.27.2020
- Busy putting the house back together after the girls’ visit, made a pot of weight loss magic soup to get us back on track with eating more healthily, discovered my baby Cady’s bathing suit on the washer so packed it up to mail; Lucia asked to have her hair cut like Cady’s. 05.28.2020
- Over the mountain to Cia and Cami sit this morning, Cami is trying to crawl…oh, how that is going to shake things up!; home to put together our pretty new patio furniture (frustratingly, one chair is bent) and have our windows professionally washed (spring goals), soup supper and early to bed. 05.29.2020
- My kinda day…slept like a champ, quick Hasfit workout, long bike ride, brunch with eggs, sausage and cinnamon toast, scrapbooking with my sister, working on a 4th of July garland, PC and I swam and sat in our new patio chairs!; pizza for dinner, “Bohemian Rhapsody” on TV, read our books on the balcony under the stars before bed. 05.30.2020
- Slept well again, ran after our stretching and abs workout, fixed this detox smoothie for breakfast; took a masked walk around the outlet mall, DQ blizzard on our way home, feeling tired and achy and most of all, lazy and uninterested in doing the laundry or making dinner; my book club has selected our next read Beach Read by Emily Henry. 05.31.2020
What kept you going during May? Did you have any pleasant surprises? If you have a month summary or sentence a day 05.2020 post, please link up with us below.
What are you looking forward to most as the country begins to ‘open up?’ I think I am nervously anticipating my first meal in a restaurant. And our first movie date. Miss that theater popcorn so much.
Before I bid you adieu, here’s my 1 sec a day video for May.
Hugs and kisses,