Amigas, thank you for joining me for my summer 2022 bucket list reveal. Yup, I do realize summer began almost a week ago now. To be honest I am still not back to blogging on a regular basis. And wasn’t sure I wanted to create a summer bucket list because then there’s that self-imposed pressure to see it through!! But we aren’t going on a vacation this year. So, in hopes of keeping the summer from slipping away without trying anything new or fun, here I am. Hope if you haven’t done so already, my list will inspire you to create one of your own. Having goals and plans after being unable to do so – thanks to the pandemic – is a welcome diversion.
Haven’t created a bucket list for a couple of seasons now. You can revisit last summer’s bucket list, here.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
My Summer 2022 Bucket List
My bucket lists are kinda like my wellness journey goals in that I try to plan things for all aspects of my life and ME!! Some activities for my outside and some for my inside, too. Here’s what I am thinking for this summer.
- Swim and float in my wet suit: ok, yes I live in a desert in far west Texas. But our pool water is soooo cold. Unless we heat it, which costs considerable ka-ching, the temperature hovers at 78*. Truly too chilly to be enjoyable even on the hottest triple digit days. So, yesterday I ordered this Xuker neoprene wet suit!! It gets a 4.5 rating out of 5 stars and promises to provide insulation from the cold and protection from UV rays.
- Whiten teeth: my teeth reflect my age. And my love for diet soda in my younger years. I was looking up the best anti-aging tips to try for your over-60 body and found this article. The first thing it mentions is wearing a genuine smile. I think my smile is sincere even if it is a bit snaggle-toothed and stained!! Bought a whitening kit and going to try to diminish the soda and coffee stains. Have done this before with only mediocre results. We’ll see how it goes this time.
- Indulge with a facial or massage: one of PC’s Father’s Day gifts was a massage that he will be having this week. The same gal who does our massages gives one great facial, too. It’s been a while since I’ve had a facial. Time to fix that.
- Visit Brennyn and family in Ft. Worth: hoping to be there for Brennyn and Cady’s birthdays the end of the month. And to get lots of love from them and my chubby baby Declan.
- Activities with the grands: planting a garden with Lucia and Cami, taking them to Viva El Paso, having a special day with Cady later this month.
- Balmorhea road trip: site of “the world’s largest spring-fed swimming pool” [source] and it’s only a short 2.5 hour drive from El Paso. Hoping to go visit later in the summer, maybe explore Big Bend and Alpine, Texas while we are out that way.
- Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt: I am trying to get back to taking more photographs again. Really have missed participating in the iSpy and Sunday Stills challenges, and have a post started to share photos I have taken for them. The seasonal scavenger hunts are hosted by Patio Postcards, and ever so much fun. Find the list of items to photograph, here.
- Create a fun activity for the book club: I have promised to do this for so long. We have had bookmark and face mask (thanks, Covid) exchanges in the past. But we need to all meet up via Facetime or Zoom or some such app. I am just so shy and awkward!!
- Finally learn to make an Instagram reel and make one: same goes for this activity. Have had it on several previous lists. But I feel so timid about making a reel. Need to just put myself out there and do it.
- Finish book spine village and scrapbooking South Padre Island: doing both activities with my sister. And happy to report both are underway.
- Plant a garden with the girls: purchased this raised garden kit. Going to grab the girls on Wednesday and make this happen.
- Investigate the “5 am Club”: came across this idea and book by the same name on Pinterest. Have you heard of it? I got up at 5:00 am this morning, and I am bleary eyed now at 11:00 am but have accomplished so much!! Here’s a little video clip explanation from YouTube of the 5 am club idea. It seems similar to some of the other morning routines I have sampled.
- Get a good hair cut: the gal at Supercuts about scalped me in February. Haven’t dared to have a haircut since. My sister suggested I splurge on a good hair cut. Hoping the one I have scheduled for later this week will be just that. Going to try a salon on the westside of El Paso called Tousled.
- Try two summer outfit a month: I have an annual subscription to the Get Your Pretty On (GYPO) seasonal capsule wardrobes. Love the pieces that make up the summer’s capsule. Want to share some of them with you. If you are looking to refresh your summer look, please consider registering for the summer outfit formulas using my affiliate link, here.
- Treat myself to a summer pedi: thinking I might just do this while PC has his belated Father’s Day massage. It has been FOREVER since I last had a pedicure.
- Make something peachy with our peaches: our tree is full of little peaches. Now for them grow into big, fat, juicy, ripe peaches so I can make something peachy.
- New grilling recipe: stumbled across this chicken recipe that sounds interesting. Might try it or look for some else equally intriguing.
- Make bread with my new bread making kit: Brennyn was given a sourdough starter that she has been using to make bread a lot like that from our family yeast starter. She ordered this artisan bread tool set and her loaves are as beautiful as they are tasty. I want to start making pretty bread with my yeast and kit, too!!
Lots of plans. And hopefully lots of fun. Getting started right away by ticking a few things off the list this week. Wish me luck!!
Whatcha got planned for the summer, girls? Feel free to add your list in a comment below and then each time we update, 07.21.2018 and 08.21.2018, you can update your progress, too! Or, if you blog, link-up your bucket list post, below.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
If you’ve never created a bucket list, try it. Not only is it a fun exercise but it is encouraging and inspirational. Hope you will give it a go!!
Have a list of to-dos today, laundry’s going, there’s ironing to conquer and want to play a little, too. Our book club is voting on its July read. If you are interested in joining a no-pressure book club for the summer (and beyond) please let me know. You can help us decide what we read next!!
Enjoy your week. Thanks for popping in!!
Hugs and kisses,
Leanne | www.crestingthehill.com.au
Hi Leslie – it sounds like you have lots planned to keep you busy. You’re also going to be very glamorous by the end of it all with new wardrobe choices, a new haircut, pedicure and teeth! If you’re serious about improving your teeth, then you really need to do it professionally (the cost isn’t huge if you don’t go OTT) – I wrote a post about this last year because I’d reached the stage where I felt like I wasn’t smiling as much because my teeth were ‘aging’ – now they’re so much better and I feel fresher as a result. The link is here if you want to check it out: https://www.crestingthehill.com.au/2021/06/bright-white-teeth-on-a-budget.html
I admire you for getting up at 5:00 and still being awake at 11:00!!! No way could I do that! I would love to whiten my teeth, but I had some root exposure years ago (even worse now). The dentist drilled and filled so I’m afraid my teeth would look really weird! I don’t have much planned for this summer other than finishing packing up the house and moving into the new one…whenever that is!!! Thanks, my friend, for the link up!
Leslie I am glad that you are joining us for the 2022 SPSH. It’s all about having fun & sharing your finds whether that be all items or just a few …. 🙂
I like your summer bucket list & there are a few items on yours I should include in my summer plans.
Leslie Roberts Clingan
Thank you!! So glad to join you for the scavenger hunt. Have been away from blogging and had missed the first announcement with the list of prompts. But our mutual friend Deb got me straightened out.
Your bucket lists always inspire me. I have toyed with the idea of creating one but I sit down and come up with nothing! Then I read your list and think why didn’t I think of that?? I hope you check each every thing off this list and have the best summer my sweet friend – you deserve it!
Thanks for the link to Patio Postcard’s summer photo scavenger hunt; I had such a fun time with that last year!! I’d have to sleep in to be part of the 5 am club… ever since my husband took over for his father a few years ago (even after selling the company!) he’s up between 4/ 4:30 everyday with his alarm that also wakes me up. I do like how much I can get done by 10 am though!! Best of luck with your list.
You have a great list of plans here!
A very nice and doable summer bucket list! I would never have guessed that you would need to heat your pool – your solution sounds perfect. You could practice a Zoom call with me if you want since we have never met or chatted except online.
My summer bucket list ideas mostly went out the window when we got our new puppy! I am trying to fit a few things back in as he gets more comfortable being left alone in his crate. Mr. Frosty and a short walk with Hubby yesterday was a start. Also started back with my at home PIlates exercises. And of course our granddaughter is coming to visit in early August for a week.
Leslie – You did give me a couple of new ideas for my own summer bucket list! I got a 25 pounds of peaches with the Georgia based “The Peach Truck”, so making peach smoothies is on my summer list. So yummy with yogurt, almond milk, cinnamon and ginger and a bit of vanilla. And I went to a Tampa Bay Rays game. It’s not the Reds, but it was fun. Summer here feels like it starts May 1! Hope your summer is wonderful.
Looks like such a fun list! I hope you get all the things done!
Leslie Roberts Clingan
Thank you, my friend. Nice to see you!!
You’ve chosen some good items for your list! It will be interesting to see how many you tick off as the summer gets going. I absolutely love sourdough bread, never tried making it myself though – let us know how you get on.
Will be looking forward to hearing what you plan for our book club 🙂
Leslie Roberts Clingan
Thank you. Your comment reminded me that I needed to mix up my bread!! Hope to be able to report that I have completed this activity very soon. Lauren used our yeast to make some delicious dinner rolls. Hope my bread will be equally scrumptious.
A good haircut can do wonders. Sadly my hair is so dry and my curls are all gone because of menopause. I’m wishing you a very good summer!
Leslie Roberts Clingan
Thank you, Nancy. Hate to spend a lot of money for a simple trim but hopefully that gal will do a great job and give my hair some new bounce.
Hi, Leslie! I haven’t done a bucket list in a while either. Kudos to you for getting one put together! Big Eagle and I are not doing any vacationing this summer either, but we seem to keep our days full. We have fall and winter vacations planned, so I’m fine with staying home for the summer. Enjoyed your post!
Leslie Roberts Clingan
Hi my friend!! Thank you so much for coming by. Sounds like you have big plans for the second half of the year. Good for you. Just enjoy lazy days this summer. We are going to be doing much of the same thing here!!
You’ve certainly got enough there to keep you busy all summer (and more lol). I watched the YouTube video you shared about the 5am club and I’m intrigued. I do love the mornings but tend to get up any time between 7 and 8am. I really ought to try and get up earlier though. I certainly like the idea of those productive days (I am such a procrastinator!). I know what you mean about swimming pool not being warm enough. Ours, at the moment, is hovering around 23 degrees C which is freezing for me lol. I like my pools to be lukewarm lol!!
Have a wonderful summer, Leslie!
Leslie Roberts Clingan
My wet suit arrives today. Hurray!! That frigid water isn’t going to keep from swimming now. I am on a waiting list at the library for the 5 am book. Will be anxious to see what I think about it. Come join me!!
Looks like you’ll be busy this summer! I’m working on the photo album of our daughter’s wedding that happened back in September. I’m about half way through… We’re hoping to get some work done on our house: updated kitchen cabinets, paint outside, hopefully it will all get done!
Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
I’ve heard good things about the Colgate Optic White Overnight Whitening Pen, maybe check that out? And, I drug my feet so long on making a reel and then I just did it and it wasn’t so bad! I use Canva to make mine in and now I have a template and I just reuse it! I plop the videos in over the old ones, change the text blocks and then save it and upload it to Instagram! I pick out the music on Instagram. I have never made one in Instagram, tho! Canva is free if you don’t have it already. I’d love to know how much it costs to heat a pool these days… lol! I never even thought of that, but I guess with a pool you do have that extra cost!! (Sadly!)
Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
P.S. I just saw this peach recipe, very simple and it looks delicious!! https://mixandmatchmama.com/2022/06/peach-caprese-salad/
Great items on your list!
Have fun while you tick them off as the summer gets going.
Happy Thursday, Leslie!
I have very fond memories of Viva El Paso as a child! I’m glad to hear it’s still going on! I felt the same way about instagram reels at first. They do get easier!
That’s a good list – I will check out the 5 a.m. video to see what I am actually supposed to be doing since I am now a very early riser. And I caution you not to overdo the teeth whitening – stick to the product’s recommendation, as more/longer is not always better. It is possible to over-whiten and then your teeth will look unevenly colored, partially transparent and your dentist will scold you at your next visit. Don’t ask me how I know.
Good luck with your bucket list. I posted mine a bit ago and just put Spring and Summer together. I’ve crossed off a few things now, which I’m excited about, so I need to do an update post soon. Still hoping to get more things checked off though.
I had my first ever hot stone massage a few weeks back and it was amazing!!!!
Erin @ Cracker Crumb Life
Your bucket list sounds perfect!!
This is a great list; very impressive. I do think that often we just let life pass us by, simply because we hadn’t made any plans.
Lots of great things here. I love that you bought a wet suit ! I have a wet suit jacket that I wear to keep the body heat in when I would swim at the gym pool. Sounds like a great plan for a new hair cut at a new salon, a pedi and facial! I haven’t had a facial in an age! Oh grilled peaches would be yummy with some vanilla ice cream. yum. I am sure you wil have a great time with your grandkids as well! Enjoy your 4th of July!
Sounds like you have the makings of a great summer!! I really hope that new hair salon works out for you. There is nothing better than finding just the right stylist…and a fresh haircut!! (and nothing worse than the opposite!! Ugh) And let us know what you make “peachy”!! That even sounds yummy! Always glad when you get a new post up…and hopefully you have taken a bit of the stress out of it – and you are simply enjoying posting/blogging when you have the time. And the inspiration!!:) Enjoy your Fourth today!! God bless America!
That’s a great list. I have difficulty setting a daily bucket list these days much less a seasonal one. I am interested in how your teeth whitening goes. Mine are looking terrible. Too much coffee and old age combined apparently isn’t a good combination so I’m interested if you have any good results. I tried one years ago and it was hopeless, so I’m hoping they’re improved now.