Amigas, thank you for joining me for my summer 2022 bucket list reveal. Yup, I do realize summer began almost a week ago now. To be honest I am still not back to blogging on a regular basis. And wasn’t sure I wanted to create a summer bucket list because then there’s that self-imposed pressure to see it through!! But we aren’t going on a vacation this year. So, in hopes of keeping the summer from slipping away without trying anything new or fun, here I am. Hope if you haven’t done so already, my list will inspire you to create one of your own. Having goals and plans after being unable to do so – thanks to the pandemic – is a welcome diversion.
Haven’t created a bucket list for a couple of seasons now. You can revisit last summer’s bucket list, here.
Just a reminder: Once Upon a Time & Happily Ever After occasionally uses affiliate links. This means that if you click or make a purchase from a link provided I may receive a very small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for your support.
My Summer 2022 Bucket List
My bucket lists are kinda like my wellness journey goals in that I try to plan things for all aspects of my life and ME!! Some activities for my outside and some for my inside, too. Here’s what I am thinking for this summer.
- Swim and float in my wet suit: ok, yes I live in a desert in far west Texas. But our pool water is soooo cold. Unless we heat it, which costs considerable ka-ching, the temperature hovers at 78*. Truly too chilly to be enjoyable even on the hottest triple digit days. So, yesterday I ordered this Xuker neoprene wet suit!! It gets a 4.5 rating out of 5 stars and promises to provide insulation from the cold and protection from UV rays.
- Whiten teeth: my teeth reflect my age. And my love for diet soda in my younger years. I was looking up the best anti-aging tips to try for your over-60 body and found this article. The first thing it mentions is wearing a genuine smile. I think my smile is sincere even if it is a bit snaggle-toothed and stained!! Bought a whitening kit and going to try to diminish the soda and coffee stains. Have done this before with only mediocre results. We’ll see how it goes this time.
- Indulge with a facial or massage: one of PC’s Father’s Day gifts was a massage that he will be having this week. The same gal who does our massages gives one great facial, too. It’s been a while since I’ve had a facial. Time to fix that.
- Visit Brennyn and family in Ft. Worth: hoping to be there for Brennyn and Cady’s birthdays the end of the month. And to get lots of love from them and my chubby baby Declan.
- Activities with the grands: planting a garden with Lucia and Cami, taking them to Viva El Paso, having a special day with Cady later this month.
- Balmorhea road trip: site of “the world’s largest spring-fed swimming pool” [source] and it’s only a short 2.5 hour drive from El Paso. Hoping to go visit later in the summer, maybe explore Big Bend and Alpine, Texas while we are out that way.
- Summer Photography Scavenger Hunt: I am trying to get back to taking more photographs again. Really have missed participating in the iSpy and Sunday Stills challenges, and have a post started to share photos I have taken for them. The seasonal scavenger hunts are hosted by Patio Postcards, and ever so much fun. Find the list of items to photograph, here.
- Create a fun activity for the book club: I have promised to do this for so long. We have had bookmark and face mask (thanks, Covid) exchanges in the past. But we need to all meet up via Facetime or Zoom or some such app. I am just so shy and awkward!!
- Finally learn to make an Instagram reel and make one: same goes for this activity. Have had it on several previous lists. But I feel so timid about making a reel. Need to just put myself out there and do it.
- Finish book spine village and scrapbooking South Padre Island: doing both activities with my sister. And happy to report both are underway.
- Plant a garden with the girls: purchased this raised garden kit. Going to grab the girls on Wednesday and make this happen.
- Investigate the “5 am Club”: came across this idea and book by the same name on Pinterest. Have you heard of it? I got up at 5:00 am this morning, and I am bleary eyed now at 11:00 am but have accomplished so much!! Here’s a little video clip explanation from YouTube of the 5 am club idea. It seems similar to some of the other morning routines I have sampled.
- Get a good hair cut: the gal at Supercuts about scalped me in February. Haven’t dared to have a haircut since. My sister suggested I splurge on a good hair cut. Hoping the one I have scheduled for later this week will be just that. Going to try a salon on the westside of El Paso called Tousled.
- Try two summer outfit a month: I have an annual subscription to the Get Your Pretty On (GYPO) seasonal capsule wardrobes. Love the pieces that make up the summer’s capsule. Want to share some of them with you. If you are looking to refresh your summer look, please consider registering for the summer outfit formulas using my affiliate link, here.
- Treat myself to a summer pedi: thinking I might just do this while PC has his belated Father’s Day massage. It has been FOREVER since I last had a pedicure.
- Make something peachy with our peaches: our tree is full of little peaches. Now for them grow into big, fat, juicy, ripe peaches so I can make something peachy.
- New grilling recipe: stumbled across this chicken recipe that sounds interesting. Might try it or look for some else equally intriguing.
- Make bread with my new bread making kit: Brennyn was given a sourdough starter that she has been using to make bread a lot like that from our family yeast starter. She ordered this artisan bread tool set and her loaves are as beautiful as they are tasty. I want to start making pretty bread with my yeast and kit, too!!
Lots of plans. And hopefully lots of fun. Getting started right away by ticking a few things off the list this week. Wish me luck!!
Whatcha got planned for the summer, girls? Feel free to add your list in a comment below and then each time we update, 07.21.2018 and 08.21.2018, you can update your progress, too! Or, if you blog, link-up your bucket list post, below.
If you’ve never created a bucket list, try it. Not only is it a fun exercise but it is encouraging and inspirational. Hope you will give it a go!!
Have a list of to-dos today, laundry’s going, there’s ironing to conquer and want to play a little, too. Our book club is voting on its July read. If you are interested in joining a no-pressure book club for the summer (and beyond) please let me know. You can help us decide what we read next!!
Enjoy your week. Thanks for popping in!!
Hugs and kisses,